Sign in to follow this  
2epicpanda

Been Making a Dayz Inspired Minecraft Map, Like to know what the Community thinks!

MAJOR UPDATE:
Since starting my Map i wasn't happy with the overall world generation e.g. To many modded random structures and NPC villages, and im not including loads of other annoying generation glitches.  
I DID WHOLE MAP AGAIN :P
Not a problem really, just means i can do what i wanted to originally without loads of stupid restrictions. This includes an awesome coastline, mountains (very much like that you would find in Taviana) and many other cool stuff i haven't mentioned!
I have added lots of new screenshots.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been working together with a few other people for a about a month now (on and off development, not as dedicated as I should be) and we are trying to create a landscape similar to Dayz. It's going to be set in Scandinavian/Russian Province called Rodovina.(Name could change, trying to find something that suits it, and one which is kinda catchy)
5000x5000 blocks wide! :D
About 70% finished now we plan to release by late December. It's starting to look good, a lot is unfinished, however i would like to hear what the community thinks of this so far, which initially we would do a kind of Survival YouTube series before releasing the Map to the public.

Let Me stress its Inspired By Dayz, not meant to be a replica of the entire map, another person is already trying to achieve that, so if that's what your after go follow him with his genuinely outstanding work, because in all honestly i couldn't have the time or effort to do the ENTIRE of Chernarus :P
Check out my youtube channel for Dayz map updates!
http://www.youtube.com/user/2epicpanda

Screenshots and a cool trailer i made:

2013-11-23_175904_2_6719564.jpg]

2013-11-23_174735_6719188.jpg
2013-11-23_174903_6719207.jpg
2013-11-23_175556_6719301.jpg
2013-11-23_175656_6719327.jpg
2013-11-23_175833_6719553.jpg
2013-11-23_180144_6719587.jpg
2013-11-23_180244_6719594.jpg
2013-11-23_180250_6719614.jpg
2013-11-01_200520_6623450.jpg

2013-11-01_202301_6626487.jpg

2013-11-01_202204_6626440.jpg Edited by 2epicpanda
  • Like 9

Really nice work. Do you have a overview of the world? I'd like to see that when it's finished.

Also what are you using for guns? Also randomized looting can be done with plugins/chests.

Edited by Bensticles

Really nice work. Do you have a overview of the world? I'd like to see that when it's finished.

Also what are you using for guns? Also randomized looting can be done with plugins/chests.

Well i would and probably will make a overview when i have time (im currently not on my computer which stores the map)

For guns, Flans mod :) it has not just guns too either it has planes and civilian cars too!

As for the random looting chests, i know for sure its possible but i don't think its compatible with my Current modloader and crap. I will look into it though! 

what happened to the other thread or was that a different person who made one im confused ? :lol:

Ok Quick update i decided to completely redo the terrain, this means no stupid glitched mountains and crap! Its really starting to look like Chernarus, although i couldn't help myself i added a few mountains :D Some new snapshots later

I'm glad DayZ doesn't look like this. Voxel-based worlds will downgrade anything they're to resemble.

pls download c:

currently im still devloping ^^ 

I probably wont upload it for a while after the realse anyway sorry! i want my server with the map to be unique!

Ok bump or whatever :P

I have a major update which is worth checking out!

New screenshots and some extra information has been added!

Another update, have posted a new video with some gameplay footage from the map, hope you check it out!