Forgewolf

Day Z for Xbox One?

First, I tried to search for a similar topic, with no luck in results. I know people have talked about Day Z for PS4, but what about the Xbox One? With MicroCrap's reversal of their idiotic DRM policies and them opening up to Indies.. Why not?

Over the weekend I purchased GTA5 and was playing that online. While doing so, I was thinking, "You know, if GTA5 Online can work this well on the Xbox360.. I don't see why Day Z couldn't work even better on the Xbox One"

Edited by Forgewolf

inb4 pcelitists;

i don't know how a console control pad would handle such a game to be honest.

• Like 2

NEVER! Imagine me standing on a demolished console with a keyboard and mouse raised into the air in triumph. 

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 1

I'm biased against Microsoft, but a big no.

"Opened up"? Still a lot of hoops to jump through.

It'd be a lot more work development-wise too if I'm not mistaken to have it work on the Xbox as well.

The controls would be an issue as well, clunky at best...

And how many people would the servers be able to handle, alongside all of those zombies?

I recall one of the initial issues about M$ that rocket spoke about was the exorbitant cost for developers when they update a build.

• Like 3

inb4 pcelitists;

i don't know how a console control pad would handle such a game to be honest.

I have used a 360 controller on Day Z just fine

Save your Xbone money and buy yourself a SteamBox. 

Yes. Because we must tell people what to buy.

Edited by VibroKnife

Save your Xbone money and buy yourself a SteamBox. 

Is that actually going to happen? Because that would be....dope i think, im not sure..

p.s. sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, this wont be a discussion.

I think the Xbox One  would be able to handle DayZ.  The controls could be figured out.  Certain abilities like the ability to turn your head independently from the body would have to be sacrificed most likely, but it could be possible.  

The biggest problem would likely be barriers set up by Microsoft blocking updates and things like that.  

PS4 is more likely but it all depends on the success of the mod and the developers willingness to work within Microsoft's cumbersome system.

As a PC gamer I welcome the idea of paying back consoles with a poorly ported version of a game.

• Like 2

xbox one would sell millions of copies it will happen you dont turn down that much money in business unless you a business retard.

people going on about the controls there are plenty of games and reconfiguring the buttons wouldnt be that hard how many do you actually use ingame now not that many and a xbox pad will do fine.

I have used a 360 controller on Day Z just fine

didn't you find it clunky (to say the least) though dude? i mean, i play GTA on my PC qith a 360 controller but that's an obvious improvement to a mouse and keyboard - but something like DayZ i imagine being a nightmare (i don't even like playing normal FPS with a pad though so it might just be me).

EDIT: insert negative comment regarding microsoft here

EDIT 2:

how many do you actually use ingame now

loads

Edited by Gwraspe
  • Like 1

Micro$oft charge devs a ridiculous amount of  money to release updates on XBOX Live, which wouldn't suit DayZ for obvious reasons. It's looking like if DayZ ever does make it to console it would be a PS4 exclusive.

Edited by mZLY

xbox one would sell millions of copies it will happen you dont turn down that much money in business unless you a business retard.

people going on about the controls there are plenty of games and reconfiguring the buttons wouldnt be that hard how many do you actually use ingame now not that many and a xbox pad will do fine.

Im still a mouse and Keyboard newb after months of playing with m&k.

I started out trying to use a XBOX controller with XPadder. The reason i switched is because there just wasnt enough buttons and I could aim much easier with a mouse. I had to go as far as to sacrifice even Q and E among other important buttons.

I still have deaths due to not being able to fluidly use m&k but I will never go back to trying to use a controller on DayZ.

It wasnt until a few weaks into using the m&k and learned all the controls that I truly realized how much better it is for this game.

Im not saying they couldnt make an awesome DayZ for console, im just saying as for this game on PC your just at too big of a disadvantage trying to use a controller.

DayZ is and likely will always be the only game I have ever used a m+k for. I was in denial for a long time and tried to stick with a controller. Thats how much more comfortable i am with a controller in my hand when it comes to video games and I still find m+k the much better option.

The sooner you make the switch the better lol.

Edited by electricfuneral
  • Like 1

Even for games that don't require a vast array of different controls you're still better off with a mouse and board. A good mouse is just a more accurate aiming device - fact. That's why aim assist is used in pretty much every console shooter, but not the PC versions.

Even for games that don't require a vast array of different controls you're still better off with a mouse and board. A good mouse is just a more accurate aiming device - fact. That's why aim assist is used in pretty much every console shooter, but not the PC versions.

yes true but people are saying it wont come out on xbox because of controller is quite retarded.

if it comes to ps4 it will more than likely come to xbox one.

the only reason it wont is if the people in charge be it BI or whoever dont get a good deal with microsoft not the controller method used.

at end of day it would take about 8 weeks to port over dean has already mentioned this somewhere . the control system wouldnt be much different from a ps4 to a xbox they both use controllers .

it all boils down to money and how much people are willing to budge on ahat they want for whatever. if the two parties involved get what they want it will go on xbox one . i cant see why BI wouldnt put it on xbox one it would probably sell millions of copies and it is obviously going to make then many millions you just dont turn that down unless one microsoft want huge benefits  or most of something which makes its not worth doing or two microsoft want to change the whole idea of the game which maybe BI dont want to do.

yes true but people are saying it wont come out on xbox because of controller is quite retarded.

if it comes to ps4 it will more than likely come to xbox one.

the only reason it wont is if the people in charge be it BI or whoever dont get a good deal with microsoft not the controller method used.

at end of day it would take about 8 weeks to port over dean has already mentioned this somewhere . the control system wouldnt be much different from a ps4 to a xbox they both use controllers .

it all boils down to money and how much people are willing to budge on ahat they want for whatever. if the two parties involved get what they want it will go on xbox one . i cant see why BI wouldnt put it on xbox one it would probably sell millions of copies and it is obviously going to make then many millions you just dont turn that down unless one microsoft want huge benefits  or most of something which makes its not worth doing or two microsoft want to change the whole idea of the game which maybe BI dont want to do.

Read:

Micro$oft charge devs a ridiculous amount of  money to release updates on XBOX Live, which wouldn't suit DayZ for obvious reasons. It's looking like if DayZ ever does make it to console it would be a PS4 exclusive.

Read:

and if it was worth microsofts time and effort and they think it would profit them a agreement would be made .

it doesnt show how much it costs and if money is to be made. that would be factored in and weighed up for what profit can be earned. its a business !

if what you put is being used as example then maybe there isnt much margin for error and thats why it may not come to xbox one. word play part of a sales mans repertoire

Edited by dgeesio

and if it was worth microsofts time and effort and they think it would profit them a agreement would be made .

it doesnt show how much it costs and if money is to be made. that would be factored in and weighed up for what profit can be earned. its a business !

if what you put is being used as example then maybe there isnt much margin for error and thats why it may not come to xbox one. word play part of a sales mans repertoire

I don't think it works like that...

I think Microsoft see themselves as God and think that an indie dev'd game like DayZ would need them more than they need DayZ.

Honestly, I'm still skeptical as to whether a console version will ever be released though. It just isn't the kind of game that would do well on console without being completely bastardised.

I don't think it works like that...

I think Microsoft see themselves as God and think that an indie dev'd game like DayZ would need them more than they need DayZ.

Honestly, I'm still skeptical as to whether a console version will ever be released though. It just isn't the kind of game that would do well on console without being completely bastardised.

they are god ! not saying that as trying to be clever, the power and clout they have is massive. dayz gains from them not the other way round. not being derogatory Microshaft are like mount everest and BI a grain of rice in comparison. as said if the arrangement was greated by both parties then its simple it gets ported and as said previously its nothing but money which stops it coming to xbox one and not the control methods as some suggest.

The biggest problem would likely be barriers set up by Microsoft blocking updates and things like that.  

That is pretty much the only reason it'd be difficult for Day Z to make an appearance on Xbox One.