Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

What's with the DMR / SVD?

I haven't actually picked up a DMr or SVD since 1.8 since I haven't been playing much recently.

However I did notice this nasty little item in the changelog and in the DayZ code, so whether it has taken effect or not, the fact it was even considered and approved disturbs me...

* [uPDATED] - DMR and SVD have been balanced. (lower fire rate)

reloadTime = 0.5;

You're telling me these things can only fire 2 shots per second? I thought these were supposed to be semi-automatic weapons.

That's some mighty slow trigger fingers these survivors must have

qYQcArN.jpg

I'm not a fan of this kind of artificial and nonsensical balancing. This kind of atrocity doesn't belong in DayZ.

If the mod team thinks these things are "overpowered" just remove them completely instead of making these terrible changes - otherwise give these things appropriate rates of fire. <_<

• Like 4

...umad?

Anyway, maybe survivors learned how to shoot and that's why they slowed down.

• Like 2

Man, I really wish R4Zh0w3veryouspel1it would stop "balancing" the game.

• Like 1

I really wish they would stop implementing half assed things that only deduct from the game

the infection system?

a "nutrition" system?

If you try to do stuff the SA is doing you are going to have a bad time for obvious reasons. 

number 1 reason is engine limitations.

If you read this R4azersalbhwhahs

If you want to make the mod better implement a new medical system. stop fucking with getting sick and food stuffs

• Like 2

...umad?

Very true.

Hit first shot then hit second shot.

Don't shoot five before you're even on target.

Its semi automatic but that doesn't mean it has no recoil and you can run around with it like you can an MP5.

It's not realistic in the sense but making up for the lack of realism with how its currently used by players we would call authenticity.

A welcome change IMO.

That is 120 RPM ak47 is 700 RPM

I however think that maybe 240 RPM is pretty reasonable for a semi auto.

Edited by AP_Norris

Wow like there must have been a virus released into the air that makes people shoot slower!

It's, like, the perfect plot maaaaan

this is pathetic

Very true.
Hit first shot then hit second shot.
Don't shoot five before you're even on target.
Its semi automatic but that doesn't mean it has no recoil and you can run around with it like you can an MP5.
It's not realistic in the sense but making up for the lack of realism with how its currently used by players we would call authenticity.
A welcome change IMO.

a DMR/SVD would not have that much kick irl, and a grown man could easily control it no matter the firing rate 

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

Wow like there must have been a virus released into the air that makes people shoot slower!

It's, like, the perfect plot maaaaan

this is pathetic

a DMR/SVD would not have that much kick irl, and a grown man could easily control it no matter the firing rate

Standing? He couldn't keep on target! It should take longer than 0.5 seconds to line up again anyway, what the current gun allows is a game where it doesn't matte what gun you have, it's all about caliber.

The weakest guns are the bison and mp5... Why that shouldn't be true they devastate in CQ IRL it should be the same in DayZ but currently if a guy wielding a semi auto 7.62 walks blindly into a room and gets shot 8 times in the chest he's free to turn and shoot you once for a knockout blow.

That reminds me a lot of a game called COD?

Standing? He couldn't keep on target! It should take longer than 0.5 seconds to line up again anyway, what the current gun allows is a game where it doesn't matte what gun you have, it's all about caliber.

The weakest guns are the bison and mp5... Why that shouldn't be true they devastate in CQ IRL it should be the same in DayZ but currently if a guy wielding a semi auto 7.62 walks blindly into a room and gets shot 8 times in the chest he's free to turn and shoot you once for a knockout blow.

That reminds me a lot of a game called COD?

Waaaait a minute nobody said anything about keeping on target

Waaaait a minute nobody said anything about keeping on target

I'm just saying that if you shot a 7.62 while standing you would probably have to aim again.

Lying prone is a different story.

If they wanted to slow effective rate of fire they could have done so by tinkering with the recoil values, which allow for muzzle jump, kick back AND slow re-centering of the crosshairs.

Changing cyclic rate of fire is not a solution.

• Like 6

If they wanted to slow effective rate of fire they could have done so by tinkering with the recoil values, which allow for muzzle jump, kick back AND slow re-centering of the crosshairs.

True, but it needs more, it needs something to say... don't try using this in a building or you will get you balls chopped off and die.

True, but it needs more, it needs something to say... don't try using this in a building or you will get you balls chopped off and die.

It's the same thing as an M14 AIM. Using 1.8 logic you shouldn't be able to fire an M14 AIM more than twice per second. The fact it has a scope doesn't change mechanics of the weapon, it's a semi-automatic with a 20 round magazine - of course it's going to be useful in close and medium ranges, that's why it's semi-automatic in the first place (well, now it's a lever-action or something).

It's the same thing as an M14 AIM. Using 1.8 logic you shouldn't be able to fire an M14 AIM more than twice per second. The fact it has a scope doesn't change mechanics of the weapon, it's a semi-automatic with a 20 round magazine - of course it's going to be useful in close and medium ranges, that's why it's semi-automatic in the first place (well, now it's a lever-action or something).

I guess what I want... Is no crosshairs and more recoil.

That makes the M14 AIM ok in CQ while you wouldn't wanna scoped gun.

I guess I also want the 9mm buff.

I hope snipers are extremely utterly idiotic rare in Standalone

I hope there aren't any M14-based weapons at all.

• Like 2

I'm just saying that if you shot a 7.62 while standing you would probably have to aim again.

Lying prone is a different story.

With semi-proper stance, false:

...umad?

Knowing how to shoot has nothing to do with fire rate of a gun. Because morons are out there spam shooting these guns, that warrants the nerfing of the fire rates for people that don't? 99% of the time I'm not gonna need to spam fire, but when a come around a corner in elektro or have a car blaring towards me, I'd like to be able to put some rounds toward it and fast.

I hope there aren't any M14-based weapons at all.

I hope any sniper is bolt action and any semi auto is small caliber.

Knowing how to shoot has nothing to do with fire rate of a gun. Because morons are out there spam shooting these guns, that warrants the nerfing of the fire rates for people that don't? 99% of the time I'm not gonna need to spam fire, but when a come around a corner in elektro or have a car blaring towards me, I'd like to be able to put some rounds toward it and fast.

These videos just prove that even experienced shooters can't accurately fire that thing at two rounds a second.

Although nerfing the fire rate was an under-sight it should be less controllable when firing quickly and clunky in CQ.

Meaning you'll wanna carry an AK over a sniper in CQ.

Seem less COD to you?

R4Z0R49 commented

Thanks for your input we will look over the configs when we get some time to do so.

R4Z0R49closed the issue

It's in God's hands now.

• Like 1

That's it!

I haven't actually picked up a DMr or SVD since 1.8 since I haven't been playing much recently.

However I did notice this nasty little item in the changelog and in the DayZ code, so whether it has taken effect or not, the fact it was even considered and approved disturbs me...

* [uPDATED] - DMR and SVD have been balanced. (lower fire rate)

reloadTime = 0.5;

You're telling me these things can only fire 2 shots per second? I thought these were supposed to be semi-automatic weapons.

That's some mighty slow trigger fingers these survivors must have

qYQcArN.jpg

I'm not a fan of this kind of artificial and nonsensical balancing. This kind of atrocity doesn't belong in DayZ.

If the mod team thinks these things are "overpowered" just remove them completely instead of making these terrible changes - otherwise give these things appropriate rates of fire. <_<

Perhaps this is to avoid COD like playstyle where bullets are fired like a motherfucker and also they cant walk into a building spraying sniper rounds fucking everywhere.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is to avoid COD like playstyle where bullets are fired like a motherfucker and also they cant walk into a building spraying sniper rounds fucking everywhere.

Of course. Unfortunately they chose to go with a COD-like solution.

• Like 1

I hope any sniper is bolt action and any semi auto is small caliber.

These videos just prove that even experienced shooters can't accurately fire that thing at two rounds a second.

Although nerfing the fire rate was an under-sight it should be less controllable when firing quickly and clunky in CQ.

Meaning you'll wanna carry an AK over a sniper in CQ.

Seem less COD to you?

The Arma II engine isn't catered to that... so we probably won't see any accurate recoil figures until standalone. Nerfing a fire rate of a gun to make it less OP only succeeds in making it less realistic.

Personally I don't see why you're bringing COD into this. EVERYTHING in COD is inaccurate. We have a (semi)good game with a lot of realism. When I think of any weapon in DayZ, COD never comes to mind.