DayzForumer

What is up with the loot spawns at the phone-poles?

jpqQIQW.png

Could anyone explain this to me?

Edited by DayzForumer

I'd rather say that are highvoltage power lines and the possible loot spawn was added with 1.8.

The powerlines have their own little loot table, i believe it just consists of scrap metal, tank traps and c-wire.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

The powerlines have their own little loot table, i believe it just consists of scrap metal, tank traps and c-wire.

And zombies. Oh, the horror.

• Like 2

i'm not sure whether i like it or not. it's impossible to get a good vantage point on a city or town without having some kind of zombie spawn near you, giving away your position. But for that same reason it's not so bad, i haven't had someone try to snipe me at stary since 1.8 came out. 

• Like 1

i'm not sure whether i like it or not. it's impossible to get a good vantage point on a city or town without having some kind of zombie spawn near you, giving away your position. But for that same reason it's not so bad, i haven't had someone try to snipe me at stary since 1.8 came out. 

Yep. You answered your own comment perfectly.

I'm glad you raised this, this imo is one of the worst changes they made to the game. Everything industrial spawns here and zombies too so if you follow them, you get zeds all the way plus engine parts, fuel tank parts - you know - the things you always find under power lines (telephone poles lmao) in RL. Can we please have these removed it doesn't make any sense for 2 obvious reasons - 1) why would loot be here - should I check out powerlines in my area for gear now? 2) why the hell would there be zombies every 50 meters at every power line.

There's also the stupidity of being able to just run along the lines and end up with an entire car at the end of it?

I'm glad you raised this, this imo is one of the worst changes they made to the game. Everything industrial spawns here and zombies too so if you follow them, you get zeds all the way plus engine parts, fuel tank parts - you know - the things you always find under power lines (telephone poles lmao) in RL. Can we please have these removed it doesn't make any sense for 2 obvious reasons - 1) why would loot be here - should I check out powerlines in my area for gear now? 2) why the hell would there be zombies every 50 meters at every power line.

There's also the stupidity of being able to just run along the lines and end up with an entire car at the end of it?

I agree, bits of wire (loot) along the power lines and the occasional zom is fine. But yeah, loads of car parts and masses of zoms makes no sense.

Making the power lines have a little loot and therefore zoms is quite a good idea, it stops people 'switching off' completely when using the power lines to navigate and goes a tiny step closer to zoms roaming outside of towns and cities. 

Could anyone explain this to me?

Industrial loot will spawn there.

Did you bother to look at what actually spawns at these power lines?

Scrap Metal 70.00% Tank Trap Kit 20.00% Wire Fencing Kit 10.00% Edited by klesh
  • Like 2

Wont this just promote people going to Cherno with loads of tank traps and wire blocking all the spawns off lol

Wont this just promote people going to Cherno with loads of tank traps and wire blocking all the spawns off lol

What I've started doing sometimes is just going down the power lines and picking up as much as I can, sans scrap metal. Then I find strategic places in the road and put a roadblock there. Wire fence in the middle with a tank trap on either end. I've had people complain about hitting "random crap in the road that shouldn't be there". Passive anti-armor banditry is what I call it. CX