Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

I need help at shooting and aiming

It has been 3 weeks since I bought the game. I really warmed up and I liked a Pvp server which I am currently playing. I think I got killed around 100 times, they weren't zombies. They were players. I know the main aspect of the game so I can easily find loot and weapons.

However, I can't kill anyone. Mainly, I get killed till I figure out from where am I getting shot from. Since now, I only killed a player, only one. And that was even hard ederim for me! Funny thing is that I shot him from the back while he wasnt even moving. So I am a noob. But Im not a bad gamer, Im quite good on bf3 etc

Anyway. What I need is a server for me to train my aim. Such as close spawns so you'll easily find someone to kill and I can improve my aim. A server that gives good weps etc.

Is there a server like this?

I am on mobile, sorry if I have any mistakes

It seems you just want to kill on dayz, if you want to play arma to kill, id reccommend trying wasteland as you may find this mod isnt for you.

• Like 4

Nope I aint interested to become a bandit at all! I want to protect myself from dangerous people thats all.

• Like 1

Nope I aint interested to become a bandit at all! I want to protect myself from dangerous people thats all.

I see then, i would reccommend setting up some things in the editor and practing your aim in there. You will improve as time goes by anyway.

• Like 2

It seems you just want to kill on dayz, if you want to play arma to kill, id reccommend trying wasteland as you may find this mod isnt for you.

Dude, telling people to not KoS won't make it not happen.

If he wants to do it, let him do it.

It's the mod, it will die when the SA comes out anyways.

Dude, telling people to not KoS won't make it not happen.

If he wants to do it, let him do it.

It's the mod, it will die when the SA comes out anyways.

Im not trying to stop him Kosing, thats his choice i was just thinking that he may find dayz not fast paced enough.
  • Like 2

Just a second, with the standalone version, we won't be able to play it as an Arma 2 mod? We will need to buy SA?

Btw I don't like kos. I just want to learn how to protect myself!

Edited by Yazar8

Just a second, with the standalone version, we won't be able to play it as an Arma 2 mod? We will need to buy SA?

Clue is in the name :p DayZ Standalone, so yes you will need to buy it.

Go into arma II -> multiplayer -> filter -> type "losi" into the mission and hit okay.

Find a decent population server (3/12-9/12) and join it. Once you get in, walk up to the sign looking board and teleport to weapons. Pick out a gun and have fun. Try to live and practice aiming.

Another easy and more calm way to practice is to play single player armory. Pick targets, maybe even do some challenges which pit you against AI. If you can start killing AI before they kill you, you'll have no issue with players.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

exactly..and i suggest you to just make practice with the different weapons..you can find a lot of servers with a starting loadout (sigh) so try those..sniping obviously is different matter since you'll need to know how high aim..i suggest you to stay steady for some seconds before shooting and at start go for mass centre, then upper chest/head. get used to different sights and recoil. and always consider that someone could be lagging. if you don't want to kos remember that you'll often shoot after getting hit, you'll have to shoot bleeding and shaking..there's no better practice for this than playing..

Uhmm. Really? If you're dying that often due to other players, I wouldn't worry about aiming as much as tactics to start.

• Like 2

What he said^

Being killed in DayZ doesn't usually have to do with how good the player that is getting shot at is at aiming, it's how well they are staying hidden and not getting spotted. You should probably hide a little better and draw less attention to yourself. Patience is a big thing in this game, as well as knowing when to give something up e.g You really want the DMR inside those baracks but you know that there are snipers camping them... it's not worth it, etc

Edited by LiftCore

Yup, battlefield experience is not worth much in ArmA. Always get to cover first, then shoot back, eventually flank or ride up enemies ass. And dont get taken from behind, change position often, keep zeds in mind too, they make few options for you and they might be lethal if you piss on them. Try to lean your head instead whole body when behind a cover. Also things that guys above me said.

Try some wasteland maybe to get a grab on mechanics.

It's all to do with the smoothing, and movement of ArmA. I can shoot great on A2, but can't hit the broad side of a barn in A3.

Either play some ArmA, or just keep playing DayZ, and you'll slowly improve.

P.S., if you get jumped and die [or something comparable], that's because they got the jump, not because you can't shoot.

Several points.

Something you also need to improve is the not getting killed part.

In ArmA/DayZ you can't both move and shoot at the same time, as soon as you start moving, your accuracy disappears. So you if you're constantly on the move you're not only hard to hit, but the shooter will also have to move to follow you and when he does, he can't also shoot. Another thing is predictability. If you're moving in straight lines, it's very easy for shooters to predict how much to lead you and line up their sights and wait for you to walk right into his shot. So whenever you move, you really have to move along cover and concealment and you have to use back alleys and never take the shortest route to your destination. Make sure you turn at every corner, so you're constantly placing obstacles between people following you and never exposes yourself to any direction for a long period of time.

As for the shooting part.

Click to shoot.

Right-click to aim with sights.

Right-hold to zoom with sights.

Right-hold to hold your breath to steady your aim.

Me, I've changed my hold breath key, because I never shoot at a distance, where I really need to steady my sights. I use zoom much more than hold breath and if you hold your breath for more than 3-4 seconds, your aim starts to shake.

When pointing your sights at someone, there's a few things you need to know. First of all, since this is a multiplayer game, you never know, when lag decides to screw with you, but lag is lag. 

In ArmA/DayZ whenever you put your finger on the trigger and fire your weapon, you bullet is spawned from the weapons chamber and as soon as the bullet leaves the barrel, it's affected by gravity. So unlike other shooters, you shot does not appear magically from your sights and it doesn't automatically hit what you see in your sights. The bullet is actually created in the game, it flies in a path towards the target and at a specific speed.

You always have to keep in mind that your sight picture is a perfectly straight line, while your bullets flight path is a downwards arch. Here's my famous simplified version of rifle balistics:

333jret.jpg

As soon as your bullet passes the muzzle, the bullet starts dropping, which is why all rifles are designed to shoot slightly upwards, this means that your sights will actually only be one target, if your target is at a specific range. This doesn't mean you're totally screwed if you can't tell if a target is 250 or 300 meters away. In general if you aim for the largest body part and pay attention to the blood spatters or the dust clouds, you can correct your shots without having to know advanced math or physics. 

Whenever you fire, you alway have to be aware of your sights, the distance to the target and the bullets path. At extreme close ranges, the elevation of the sight above the barrel might trick you to believe you have a clear headshot, but you might actually hit a shoulder. At longer ranges you have to take the bullet's path into consideration and remember that some long shots, it might take the bullet a half or a whole second to reach it's target. Most rifles are zeroed to 300 meters, which means that, that's the point, where the bullet will actually match the sights. If you shoot at someone closer than 300 meter, your bullet will hit higher than your sights and past 300 meters, it will hit below your sights.

20ku04h.jpg

Finally, just because you're a friendly player, you don't have to stand in the middle of the street, yelling as loud as you can: Friendly!!! I'm friendly, come and shoot me in the head!" If you're friendly, whenever you see another player, you really should find something to stand behind, before shouting: "friendly, friendly!" Remember the character model's default animation, means you point your rifle at anything you look at. If you're looking at another guy, you're actually pointing your weapon at his head. Some people might get nervous and pull the trigger, just to be safe. If you get behind cover, people you meet will know at least two things:

1. You didn't instantly shoot them in the face as soon as you saw them.

2.  Both of you are momentarily unable to shoot each other in the face.

Which is a very good foundation for a friendly conversation.

• Like 1

Go to ArmA 2 >>> Editor >>>Exit>>>Start ArmA 2 OA >>> Editor>>> You will now have ArmA 2 Editor Items in your OA Editor >>> Spawn Your Character >>> Spawn some enemy NPC's >>> Use them as TP.

Play the ARMA 2 campaign.

Training and bootcamp are nice to familiarize your self with the different types of weapons. little thing you go through and gives you targets.

Using a sniper rifle look up on how to zero your weapon in.

I was a mediocre shot to begin with.

I played a bit of ARMA 3. Wasteland, Invade annex, and the scenarios.

My aim is deadly now.

Shooting in this game is alot different than COD or battlefield.

Dayz is a little less responsive.

Edit**

Also patience is key.

before you run around sit in the bushes and scout the area.

If you want to practice with in Dayz join a empty server and practice on Zeds.

Edited by methr1k2dop3

It sounds like your getting spotted a bit too easy, always try to be stealthy. If you pull zombies around then everyone will follow them to you. And if you see a player with zombies after them play it cool. Chances are they too occupied with the zeds to see you if you sneak in closer. And I always have a pause behind a wall or something to catch breath before kill so the sights are good.

Also as mentioned the editor is a great tool for learning anything arma. You tube has hundreds of tutorials.

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

Hmm. Thanks a lot for these responses. I don't have a problem at stealth at the moment and I am getteng killed less common now, I figured out that using the zombies is good, I can easily spot enemies with them. Well probably I get very nervous when I am under attack and that affjcts me a lot. Another thing I didn't know was that the bullet drop was that important. What I will do is the things written above. Gave beans to a couple of ya!

Hmm. Thanks a lot for these responses. I don't have a problem at stealth at the moment and I am getteng killed less common now, I figured out that using the zombies is good, I can easily spot enemies with them. Well probably I get very nervous when I am under attack and that affjcts me a lot. Another thing I didn't know was that the bullet drop was that important. What I will do is the things written above. Gave beans to a couple of ya!

The most important thing is just to be aware of your surroundings.

Use zombies to check if a player is in an area - if they are, scout before you enter the area.

Use cover to keep yourself hidden and use binoculars if you have them (B key) so you can scout an area from a distance.

Once you learn to stay hidden you can then avoid people or get the jump on them if you have to kill them.