Sign in to follow this  
armyantsrule

...Tents...

So er...Apparently on the few servers I've played on lately, tents have been really buggy and have been getting removed upon server reset...

Has this been fixed yet? I'm not really sure how to tell, and I am reluctant to simply test it out and lose a tent in the process =/

be man, test alpha!

• Like 2

mine was fine, but i just pitched it to rest

Hell I haven't been able to find a single tent since the update not for a lack of trying mind you

Ghostbusters have several tents up.  No issues with them at all.

• Like 1

ive literally never bothered with tents barring in my own server when a friend and i used to rent one last year. when you play lonewolf and roam different servers though there's of course no point (typically how i play now when i actually get a chance to play) but as a single player it's just as easy to keep your body constantly stocked with the supplies you need. as long as you dont just sit in the woods 24/7 anyway, then you're going to want a tent full of food but to be honest i think hopscotch is a more exciting game than doing that

Ghostbusters have several tents up.  No issues with them at all.

Obviously just because I'm so good.

• Like 1

They have apparently not been fixed, not on the server I am on right now.

Try "US 1503" or "EU2419". They're both publichive and run by the Trusted Medics of the Wasteland. No issues with tents reported so far and our servers are being monitored a lot by the staffteam.

tents are a bit weird at the moment, my group set up a tent and it always refills with our original gear on server restart, and deletes any gear we put in since then on restart. kind of game breaking. 

also you can beat someone to death with them, i broke my friends leg and knocked him down to 4k health on accident when i swung around. 

I noticed that too, Capo. On the server I have been playing on, you can't even place the tent without logging out to the lobby and logging back in. You can walk around, but as soon as you move or rotate the tent, the options to "Complete" and "cancel" the build disappear and you have to log out to the lobby to force build it.

The tents still disappear on server reset on that server, but then again, I haven't tried the "save tent" option. I am reluctant to, as I am TIRED of losing my tents =/

I noticed that too, Capo. On the server I have been playing on, you can't even place the tent without logging out to the lobby and logging back in. You can walk around, but as soon as you move or rotate the tent, the options to "Complete" and "cancel" the build disappear and you have to log out to the lobby to force build it.

The tents still disappear on server reset on that server, but then again, I haven't tried the "save tent" option. I am reluctant to, as I am TIRED of losing my tents =/

The tents disappear because you don't actually build them when you do not complete the action. If you log out to the lobby it's just there temporarily, but isn't fed to the database. That's why it disappears on restart. Yeah, you can access the gear, but it won't save.

Like I say: Our servers work and have a custom-antihack where it actually allows you to build a tent and complete the animation.

I've had no problem with tents recently, but then if I qualify that comment with "on vanilla public hive servers" it actually becomes relevant.  Hint.

The server I am on now has no problems with tents, either placing them or having them up and vanish on server reset. The server I am on now is also a public hive, though, so it's probably running the most up to date patch info and such.