r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Can we get the ability to gut an animal with other things? Like a machete, axe, razor? Yielding less meat of course.

It would be nice to have more blade options too. Kitchen knives from houses, scalpels from hospital, butcher knives from grocery stores, and keep the current hunting knife rare, but still the best for cleaning wild game.

• Like 1

Can we get the ability to gut an animal with other things? Like a machete, axe, razor? Yielding less meat of course.

It would be nice to have more blade options too. Kitchen knives from houses, scalpels from hospital, butcher knives from grocery stores, and keep the current hunting knife rare, but still the best for cleaning wild game.

I wish I could've thought of that one ;)

Hello, R4Z0R49 and others!

I really like the new POI idea, so I thought I would introduce something I made myself about 6 months ago for my own server. The server was not too popular but why let the hard work go to waste?

On to the point! I added some trains and hundreds of wagons on to the railway. They all are leveled with the rails - really tidious and time consuming work. But all in all I am pleased with the results.

Besides filling the void of not having trains almost anywhere on the map it is possible to spawn loot into the wagons.

I also made a little demo video of the result.

I do not know if you,R4Z0R49, or anybody else are interested in this kind of stuff. But if you are and you think you could use it, I would happily share it :)

Regards,

Allar

Looks pretty good just needs a few carts rolled over but very nice work :-)

I had a question about knives going blunt.

Is there a way to resharpen them? (possibility of being broken after a lot of usage)

Or perhaps being able to use them as a weapon? Then again there'd be a problem with holstering them as if they were a rifle or a pistol since there are restrictions within the engine. I probably answered my own question but I like to see an actual answer from a person who works more in-depth with it than I ever would :)

Just now no. Blunt knives can still be used to gut aimals it just yields less meat.

Any main weapon item would be a no due to a few issues with adding and removing weapons in arma 2. We need to make a clear divide for weapons and tools.

As for new models we can add anything as long as someone create's the models :-)

Any main weapon item would be a no due to a few issues with adding and removing weapons in arma 2. We need to make a clear divide for weapons and tools.

As for new models we can add anything as long as someone create's the models :-)

You couldn't just add the "Add to toolbelt" option to get around that?

We could but then you move it back and forth and it resets what the tool was. We would need to make 2-3 different versions of the models so we know at what state the tool was when moved to a weapon and back.

it would be nice to have option to refuell in one of this tank wagons, not all but some of them.

gutting with different items then a knife is so possible i have that on our uk431 servers... just pointing out

since the knive never goes into the hands does it mather that a razor is a magazine and not an item??? .... ;)

gutting with different items then a knife is so possible i have that on our uk431 servers... just pointing out

since the knive never goes into the hands does it mather that a razor is a magazine and not an item??? .... ;)

First of all point out where anyone said it wasn't possible. 

2nd. No one mentioned razor being hard. we mentioned weapons being the harder one due to the engine bug when switching two models from the primary weapon slots then having to be swapped again or dropped before the engine allows it to be used.

For example the axe being used to gut the state of the axe changes from shape to blunt during this stage we del the axa and replace it with a new model. < this is issue (arma2 bug) to use the new blunt model you would have to swap weapons or drop the axe before it can be used. This goes for all weapons.

3rd, How would you keep the state of the tool if it can be moved from tool to weapon during a logout. 

Example to move the axe from your item box to weapon we del the tool and add the weapon its two different models meaning we wound need new models for every state of tool and weapon so we can keep the changes.

• Like 2

First of all point out where anyone said it wasn't possible. 

2nd. No one mentioned razor being hard. we mentioned weapons being the harder one due to the engine bug when switching two models from the primary weapon slots then having to be swapped again or dropped before the engine allows it to be used.

For example the axe being used to gut the state of the axe changes from shape to blunt during this stage we del the axa and replace it with a new model. < this is issue (arma2 bug) to use the new blunt model you would have to swap weapons or drop the axe before it can be used. This goes for all weapons.

3rd, How would you keep the state of the tool if it can be moved from tool to weapon during a logout. 

Example to move the axe from your item box to weapon we del the tool and add the weapon its two different models meaning we wound need new models for every state of tool and weapon so we can keep the changes.

Euhm that just seems like making it hard on yourselves with all those weapon/tool states (item decay)

For example you could just do a check if someone has MeleeMachete in weapons or ItemMachete in tools and then perform the gutting action at first without taking decay into account untill you got decay models to work with... in the gutAnimal file just add checks for the allowed weapon/tool types to gut animals and add meat accoridingly on the dead animal.

I do fully understand what you try to achieve and yes that's not possible without the new models needed. I'm used to achieving things with workarounds cause i myself am aswell not capable to create new models at

this time, mostly due to lack of time.

The decay for a razorblade i sorted by just allowing it to be use only once and delete the item from a players inventory and have some cutText saying it broke in the process and then give them 50% of vanilla meat.

Razor i'm totaly not complaining here or trying to say anything negative towards your months and months of hard work and dedication at all! I love your work and dedication and you are an example for me.

Could it be possible to add @MAP_EU to the dayz addons pretty please :D, few other derivative dayz mods have it and it is pretty sweet to have that editor pack addon available.

• Like 1

Looks pretty good just needs a few carts rolled over but very nice work :-)

Thank you all for positiive feedback! :)

I tried to improve it a bit...

arma2oa_tandw_old_zps4b2c7623.jpg

arma2oa_tandw_new_zpsa56bb9af.jpg

Also recorded it so everyone can see how I rotate these MF's http://www.twitch.tv/allavett/b/484502843.

Maybe someone knows a better way to do it.

• Like 2

^^^^

mad props to you for your patience on setvectordirandup

btw how did you get that freelook camera up?

Edited by UK431Soul

Camera is activated with a trigger and the trigger is triggered when I use alpha raadio - you can select it when creating the trigger. I also suggest selecting repeatedly for activation so you can switch between player and camera.
Made a small snippet from my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/allavett/c/3337820. You just have to pause it at the right time ;) 

Also made a thread in opendayz.net: http://opendayz.net/threads/trains-and-wagons-to-chernarus-rails.17499

So If anyone is interested, go and check it out :)

• Like 2

I really do like the idea, however I believer there's a few too many wagons.

kichilron, you are probably right but it looks a bit more interesting that way.

And who knows, maybe the train driver was killed and the train went full throttle. Those wagons weigh quite alot. It just might cause a pileup like that. Should get myself a train simulator to really test it out :P

I really like the new way of chopping wood. It's actually really authentic feeling to chop up a bunch of wood and then just sit by the fire and add more as it burns away.

One suggestion would be to make the chopping of wood very loud for zombies. I would put it on par with a pistol shot because in reality using an axe to chop wood is very loud and would attract a lot of attention from any nearby zombies.

• Like 1

I really like the new way of chopping wood. It's actually really authentic feeling to chop up a bunch of wood and then just sit by the fire and add more as it burns away.

One suggestion would be to make the chopping of wood very loud for zombies. I would put it on par with a pistol shot because in reality using an axe to chop wood is very loud and would attract a lot of attention from any nearby zombies.

Chopping a tree down isn't really that loud, depending on the type of tree and the temperature (if it's frozen then it's harder and thus louder when you strike it with an ax).

A silly question I would like to do and would like someone to answer me, is there any way to play Dayz?

Chopping a tree down isn't really that loud, depending on the type of tree and the temperature (if it's frozen then it's harder and thus louder when you strike it with an ax).

I didn't mean that in real life chopping wood is as loud as a pistol shot. I meant that the zombies in the game should react the same distance as they do for a makarov shot.(which isn't very far) It's not just chopping down a tree, you also have to split the logs & break smaller sticks. You're preparing firewood.

Quick issue - although I may have missed a fix through all these posts I've been reading.  It seems my server is locked to a specific date (Aug 3rd 2013).  I've triple checked the Hive settings as well as I've tried statically setting with no change.  All I can think of is that this is whats keeping the server on a full moon.  Is there a way I can change this?  Its keeping my server from getting dark earlier to match outside.