eegore

Praise for 1.7.1.5

It's a lot better but PieceOfDust is right. I was proning on the second level of a building and a zombie from the ground way out came running in. I didn't even crouch like he did. It's not nearly as bad as before' date=' I think that was just a random occurrence, but it could still be improved upon.

This patch finally is amazing though! My only complaint is that the second I got a gun some noob crossbowed me and left me to bleed out. I didn't even have ammo and he just ran off.

[/quote']

How do you know he was new?

Zeds still have way to much awareness. Also will Rocket ever fix doors, just trying to close one door at the end of the hall opens or closes the opposite side.

Also I have spawned over 20 times today since the new patch and each barn is just camped with bandits. By the 13th spawn time and the 6th time reaching a random barn I found a weapon only to instantly be shot in the back.

This has been the most fun patch since I've started playing ( a little before 1.7).

There aren't that many bugs in this patch and performance has gone way up.

No weapon start is intense but no impossible. Just find a barn and get a winchester/doublebarrel/lee enfield. I like that people are less likely to go guns blazing everywhere... because even having food or drink is something to lose now. Even when just having a makarov... I don't want to die.

Melee weapons are a nice touch and flashlight in the tool belt is great! I'm actually enjoying night time servers with at least a flashlight.

All in all, I'd say that Rocket has finally nailed down 1.7.1 and it's a lot of fun to play again. (hasn't been stable since 1.7)

This thread might seem pointless, but I'm just posting to put some praise up on the forums. Too much whining and not enough praise for such an epic mod. I think it's going in the right direction.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

Barns are not plentiful and what few there are have become bandit hotspots.

Praise is just as important as criticism.

I agree.. this version seems to be running really well with a good balance.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

I'd say it's pretty intense? What's the longest you've lasted? And if you have lasted forever... maybe you should stop camping the airfield and go to elektro and have some fun.

But... I think that the zombies could be turned up a bit... I mean not in the way that they were in the previous hotfix where they had super hearing.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

I'd say it's pretty intense? What's the longest you've lasted? And if you have lasted forever... maybe you should stop camping the airfield and go to elektro and have some fun.

But... I think that the zombies could be turned up a bit... I mean not in the way that they were in the previous hotfix where they had super hearing.

Look, if proning actually got you anywhere, I wouldn't be complaining.

Now if you want my personal opinion, I think the Mak was a bit too strong a starting weapon. I ain't complaining about the lack of food or water bottles either.

I'm just complaining bout the fact that after you die, there ain't much left to do cept sit on your hands. Go prone? Zombie spots you and kills you. Make a run for it? No shit you get killed. Go to a barn? Either spook a zombie or say hello to a bandit. Rinse and repeat.

If the survivors started out with something that just let them defend themselves against a single zombie - like a BB-gun or something, absolute junk weapon - that'd eliminate my complaint entirely and I could join you guys in praising this patch.

Cause there's a lot to be praised. Too bad the game is unplayable as is.

I enjoy it a lot. I got my brother to start playing last night when 1.7.1.4 superzeds were out... we played on a night server and he loved how crazy difficult it was, though he also appreciates the reduction in difficulty that came with 1.7.1.5.

I have to say that spawning without a weapon, while a bit frustrating, adds a lot of needed difficulty to the game.

I also have to say that zombies can still see through buildings. Just mentioning it so that Rocket is aware.

I enjoy it a lot. I got my brother to start playing last night when 1.7.1.4 superzeds were out... we played on a night server and he loved how crazy difficult it was' date=' though he also appreciates the reduction in difficulty that came with 1.7.1.5.

I have to say that spawning without a weapon, while a bit frustrating, adds a lot of needed difficulty to the game.

I also have to say that zombies can still see through buildings. Just mentioning it so that Rocket is aware.

[/quote']

I haven't experienced this? They can hear through buildings... I think that's what you're experiencing.

I haven't experienced this? They can hear through buildings... I think that's what you're experiencing.

It's probably the crouching too, along with walking on hard surfaces. Those two combined makes more noise.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

Look' date=' if proning actually got you anywhere, I wouldn't be complaining.

Now if you want my personal opinion, I think the Mak was a bit too strong a starting weapon. I ain't complaining about the lack of food or water bottles either.

I'm just complaining bout the fact that after you die, there ain't much left to do cept sit on your hands. Go prone? Zombie spots you and kills you. Make a run for it? No shit you get killed. Go to a barn? Either spook a zombie or say hello to a bandit. Rinse and repeat.

If the survivors started out with something that just let them defend themselves against a single zombie - like a BB-gun or something, absolute junk weapon - that'd eliminate my complaint entirely and I could join you guys in praising this patch.

[/quote']

Hmmm, not in my opinion... Honestly... on a full 50 man server.. i've been able to crouch walk through Elektro and come out with a lee enfield, makarov, map, knife, and plenty of food and drink.

They just had 13,000 concurrent players a few nights ago... it's definitely "playable"

Hell, even when I have a decent weapon, a lot of the times I don't ever have to shoot zombies... crouch walking/prone is pretty easy to pull off.

No, it's not. I was prone and I crouched - without moving around - to try and pick up some gear, and I heard a BRRRAAAAAAWFAHGKHKAFHFKSAHJ and was charged by a zed.

Hmmm' date=' not in my opinion... Honestly... on a full 50 man server.. i've been able to crouch walk through Elektro and come out with a lee enfield, makarov, map, knife, and plenty of food and drink.

They just had 13,000 concurrent players a few nights ago... it's definitely "playable"

Hell, even when I have a decent weapon, a lot of the times I don't ever have to shoot zombies... crouch walking/prone is pretty easy to pull off.

[/quote']

A few days ago, I would have called you a brother in arms. Exactly how Day Z should be played.

Yet, judging as the result of my two attempts to crawl into Elektro and Berezino, I find proning has much the same effect as hanging out a slice of barbecued ribs.

I wouldn't call it a dinner bell, but I attracted far too much attention far too quickly.

Look, to be honest, if I was in charge of making things harder, I wouldn't have taken away the starting pistol.

I'd have given zombies the ability to sniff you out. Now that'd make it a challenge.

Hmmm' date=' not in my opinion... Honestly... on a full 50 man server.. i've been able to crouch walk through Elektro and come out with a lee enfield, makarov, map, knife, and plenty of food and drink.

[/quote']

A few days ago, I would have called you a brother in arms. Exactly how Day Z should be played.

Yet, judging as the result of my two attempts to crawl into Elektro and Berezino, I find proning has much the same effect as hanging out a slice of barbecued ribs.

I wouldn't call it a dinner bell, but I attracted far too much attention far too quickly.

Look, to be honest, if I was in charge of making things harder, I wouldn't have taken away the starting pistol.

I'd have given zombies the ability to sniff you out. Now that'd make it a challenge.

As of patch... 1.7.1.5 stealth is basically the exact same as 1.7.

Are you sure you didn't play 1.7.1.4? It was just hotfixed back.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

i have NEVER not found a gun in a barn

1.7.1 onwards has been nothing but pure win. Zombies finally behave realistically (now THERE's a paradox), good amount of loot, no starting weapon (seriously, how can everyone in Chernarus have a Makarov?). I must say, I'm having a lot of fun.

Cannot wait to see what else Rocket has in store for future updates...

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

Now that is a false statement if ever I heard one.

I've only found weapons in barns around 50% of the time. Which I personally do not have a problem with on its own.

You act like everything's 100% okay if only a person does this or that. Well I've played this game long enough to know most of the tricks and right now, none of them get me anywhere but a death screen.

There's hard and then there's unplayable.

Day Z was hard prior to this whole no starter weapon nonsense and you shouldn't act like going back to the way things were would create some sort of massive problem or unbalance.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

I've only found weapons in barns around 50% of the time. Which I personally do not have a problem with on its own.

You act like everything's 100% okay if only a person does this or that. Well I've played this game long enough to know most of the tricks and right now' date=' none of them get me anywhere but a death screen.

Day Z was hard prior to this whole no starter weapon nonsense and you shouldn't act like going back to the way things were would create some sort of massive problem or unbalance.

[/quote']

in mot lying at all, in fact im playing right now, and i just found 2 double barel shotguns AND a crossbow .. all in 1 barn. so grow a pair and adapt to your invironment. IRL you would be dead and id be chillin with darwin ;)

I have been looking at this hour glass panic thing for over 5min. Panic fix is the only thing I dislike about 1.7.1.5

I thought the zombies were fixed in 1.7.1.5? I'm loving the game as it is right now. I can prone through areas filled with zombies as long as I tactically move around the environment.

1.7.1.4 was terribly unbalanced, so make sure the server you're running on is up to date to allow for recent changes.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

You act like everything's 100% okay if only a person does this or that. Well I've played this game long enough to know most of the tricks and right now' date=' none of them get me anywhere but a death screen.

[/quote']

in mot lying at all, in fact im playing right now, and i just found 2 double barel shotguns AND a crossbow .. all in 1 barn. so grow a pair and adapt to your invironment. IRL you would be dead and id be chillin with darwin ;)

It's a RNG.

Who cares what you can find? The point is that not everyone is able to find good loot just by looking in a single barn, meaning you should stop insisting that anything otherwise is the case.

And, if you look at the spawn probabilities, you will not that it is certainly not 100% for anything. I've gone in barns with nothing but cans, and I ain't complaining bout that. Yes, I've found a fair share of weapons, but not every time. No, I can remember early on spending days with nothing but my trusty Mak - the wicked deity of random loot drops offering me no pity. And things really don't change far as I can tell unless you look in more diverse locales.

Which is how it should be. You need to look everywhere for good loot, not just one spot.

My gripe is fairly simple: new players have nothing. Old players who died have nothing. And yet you sit, on top your own spoils, asking why anything should be different.

After all. You got your way by looking in a barn. Not much work, says you.

The man with nothing says otherwise.

It's not intense.

It's unplayable.

Look' date=' if proning actually got you anywhere, I wouldn't be complaining.

[/quote']

Hmmm, not in my opinion... Honestly... on a full 50 man server.. i've been able to crouch walk through Elektro and come out with a lee enfield, makarov, map, knife, and plenty of food and drink.

whole heartedly agree.

I'm happy with the current patch. I'm playing mostly solo, so when I reset, I have the bare bones loadout, but it's not too difficult to find a weapon of some kind. The zombies are behaving a lot better. The new "zombie search" ability is a lot of fun. I was able to drop agro and stealth around a building, then crawl away, but it was fun to look over my shoulder and see them trying to piece together where I had gone.

I finally got some friends to try out the game tonight and it was a great patch to introduce them to Day Z. They loved it.