r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.2 Hotfix

ty R4ZOR49 !!

im not sure if this is in another servers.

but machetes now needs to be reloaded? :D

sound like empty gun when trying to hit.

or that was just a bad server?..

enyway i just came here again.. waiting...

new fixes!

:thumbsup:

Yes, players at my server are flaming where all the loot is..

Zombie respawn isn't working, no zeds at the whole airfield.

Loot is bugged and won't spawn.

Edit: It works fine, they added a mechanic where no one else can be around the animal corpse but you. Perhaps try another server

The only animal corpse it's let me take the meat off of in 1.8.0.2 was one where someone else was within 30 feet of it.  The rest they were even further away (with one being at least 100 meters) and no gear option.

If I'm not mistaken though I'm pretty sure they added something awhile ago so that if you took out an animal with a high powered round (like from a DMR or an M107) it would have a chance to not have meat.  I figure it's just applying to the new melee weapons with their high damage.  This might have been in some mod of DayZ, I'm not 100% sure.  I just think it must be regular DayZ as this would explain my problem.

The only animal corpse it's let me take the meat off of in 1.8.0.2 was one where someone else was within 30 feet of it.  The rest they were even further away (with one being at least 100 meters) and no gear option.

If I'm not mistaken though I'm pretty sure they added something awhile ago so that if you took out an animal with a high powered round (like from a DMR or an M107) it would have a chance to not have meat.  I figure it's just applying to the new melee weapons with their high damage.  This might have been in some mod of DayZ, I'm not 100% sure.  I just think it must be regular DayZ as this would explain my problem.

Nope it's a bug... unfortunately the potential fix was removed by a last second change. The issue lies within the locality of the animal, if the animal is local (meaning your client spawned it) to your player gutting will result in a gear option. However, if the animal is not local to your player (meaning another client spawned it) gutting will not work due to an issue with the public-variable-server system we have set up. The fix was to remove the PVS system and revert to the old system which requires more network traffic but works, just before release it was changed back from the working (old) PV to the new (broken) PVS system.

Anywho, if the animal is local to you it will always work, if it is not it will not work.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea what might be the cause of this error here? I use dayz commander and both me and my husband are having this issue trying to update the patch. dayzstuff_zps791e5c61.png

I can't get Play With Six to update to 1.8.0.2 at all.  I downloaded the newest version of the executable and it has changelogs as recent as october 6th so I'm not sure what's up.

I can't get Play With Six to update to 1.8.0.2 at all.  I downloaded the newest version of the executable and it has changelogs as recent as october 6th so I'm not sure what's up.

Maybe try deleting you "@DayZ" from your arma 2 OA folder and try re-installing from there.

I need to brush up on my playwithsix bugs, so if that issues persists id recommend either a direct download or use dayz commander.

Also anyone running RamDisk may get a a 'No disk space error' when updating via commander

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this and sorry if it isn't but.. I'd like to see is temperatures being changed. Seems like our characters are always warm.

Temperatures should play a role such as..

Low Body Temp.

• Total amount of blood on a low scale (<8000 blood) decreases your overall temperature over time. Lower blood = Faster temp. rate drop.
  • Low temperature means less immunity from infections; infection rate increases from viral zombie attacks.
  • Bacterial Infection/Food poisoning decreases your temperature.
  • Low temperature means your body will consume more energy to keep warm which would make you hungry more often.
  • Once on a low temperature, your character will start to shiver.

High Body Temp.

• Higher body temperature means less calories being burnt, less hunger but more thirst.
  • Laying inside tents would keep you warm and protect you from harsh weather(Rain, winds, etc)
  • Higher blood amount keeps your body temp at a normal-high level.
  • Eating recently cooked food and boiled water increases your body temperature.

Now that's my wishlist for the future of the DayZ Mod. Temperatures definitely need to be worked upon :)

Edited by TIC321

Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this and sorry if it isn't but.. I'd like to see is temperatures being changed. Seems like our characters are always warm.

Temperatures should play a role such as..

Low Body Temp.

• Total amount of blood on a low scale (<8000 blood) decreases your overall temperature over time. Lower blood = Faster temp. rate drop.
  • Low temperature means less immunity from infections; infection rate increases from viral zombie attacks.
  • Bacterial Infection/Food poisoning decreases your temperature.
  • Low temperature means your body will consume more energy to keep warm which would make you hungry more often.
  • Once on a low temperature, your character will start to shiver.

High Body Temp.

• Higher body temperature means less calories being burnt, less hunger but more thirst.
  • Laying inside tents would keep you warm and protect you from harsh weather(Rain, winds, etc)
  • Higher blood amount keeps your body temp at a normal-high level.
  • Eating recently cooked food and boiled water increases your body temperature.

Now that's my wishlist for the future of the DayZ Mod. Temperatures definitely need to be worked upon :)

They have already been updated as part of the nutrition system. :-)

This wont be coming in yet but here some info on the infection change from food.

Contaminated -

- Caused by eating raw food Chance based (random 15 < 1).

- Caused by drinking unsterilized water Chance based (random 15 < 1).

Treatment -

- Non just yet

Notes -

- No treatment for this stage.

- Logging out during this stage will give you condition Food Poisoning.

Food Poisoning -

- Caused by contaminated state.

Treatment -

- 5% chance for removal. per cycle (cycle time 1 sec).

- 50% chance for removal sleeping at your own camp/Tent with lit fire.

- 10% Drink herbal teas. (basil + water) (basil found in wild)

Symptoms -

- always in pain.

- loss of blood. (random 10 per cycle)

- Camera shake.

- Cough.

- Random chance of unconscious state. 3% chance

- Unable to eat food.

Notes -

- As you eat/drink uncooked/unsterilized items you get a stage called contaminated during this stage you have a warning msg and 15 minute timer before the medical condition Food Poisoning starts.

• Like 2

Basically we are trying to tie everything up a little more.

guys, could it be that the update is not out on steam yet? Mine won't update, and when i try to join an updated server, it sends me back to the lobby of the given server.

Is there going to be a 8.0.3 release with a fix for the lootspawn building locks or do we need to wait for 8.1? 

This patch has been very unpopular because of the loot spawn problems and I'd like to get them fixed asap

Is there going to be a 8.0.3 release with a fix for the lootspawn building locks or do we need to wait for 8.1? 

This patch has been very unpopular because of the loot spawn problems and I'd like to get them fixed asap

There's no actual issue with the loot buildings just have a chance to spawn nothing at all.

• Like 1

The problem is, the whole towns are without loot, not just a building.

Give us exact into to recreate no matter how much we try we can not recreate an instance where a town has 0 loot we can however recreate where the town has very low loot but we are still talking 3 numbers.

The difference with loot from 1.8 to now is the bias from 100 to 67 that's it.

I think for now we may just have to abandon the loot bias system and go back to a simple random system.

• Like 1

The difference with loot from 1.8 to now is the bias from 100 to 67 that's it.

If 100 is too much, and 67 is too little (I go to the tents at Starry and 12 of the 14 tents are empty, one has a g17 with no mags and the other has a bandage, and m203 flare and a can of food), how about trying a number in between, say, 85?

Keep in mind I don't really know the ins and outs of the loot bias system.

The issue is reports are saying 0 loot. < we can not recreate 0 loot.

• Like 1

Well, I log in in Berezino, I check the tents and nothing, I check the north supermarket and find one loot pile (empty can, soda) move south and nothing in south supermarket and nothing in the hospital and nothing in the pub. I also checked all the other little spawn points with zilch.

The issue is reports are saying 0 loot. < we can not recreate 0 loot.

When you say you can't recreate 0 loot, are you talking about always being able to *find* loot, or are you talking about watching the server variables and seeing that something has in fact spawned?

Take VidKo's example - He says he found only one loot pile in several places.  Perhaps the server logs show that lots of stuff spawned.  Maybe it did but its underground or in a wall?

Or maybe a lot of people saying "0 loot" actually mean "no loot worth picking up", as in "its all emtpy cans and other garbage".

I also know nothing about how loot spawns work so... grain of salt and all that.

There's no actual issue with the loot buildings just have a chance to spawn nothing at all.

Yeah.  Of course.  There's no issue with the loot.

A lone player going by himself will spawn absolutely zero loot, not even trash on 98% of loot piles.

A group of 3 players will spawn 1.8 style loot, often having items respawn in a pile immediately after it was emptied and every single possible loot pile will have spawned something.

For some reason loot spawns fine for a solo player shortly after a server restart, but try joining any semi populated server an hour after it's been up and go around solo.  You won't find dirt.

Edited by Castle