Sign in to follow this  
kevsta545

How to play DayZ split screen four player :D

So I've wondered, could it be possible to play dayz SPLITSCREEN? While being denied over and over that it was impossible i FINALY found a way!

Here's the programs you need:

-Parallels workstation

- as much copies of dayz as you want to play splitscreen (for ex if I want to play with just one other friend then I only need 1 extra copy of dayz (arma 2 oa)

-Dongle(optional) allows you to connect xbox 360 or ps3 controllers to each virtual machine. Don't hate, when I have non pc gamers who are casual come over to play its easier for them.

-wireless keyboards or dongle

-depending on amount of players, 2 players = 8gb RAM 3= 12gb RAM 4 = 16gb RAM

NOW HOW TO DO THIS :D

Firstly get parallels workstation. This will alow you to create virtual machines of windows 7 for the amount of split screen players. Link: http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/dskd67-6/

Next on each virtual machine you create, download steam

Have each friend log into his/her steam and redownload their copy of arma 2 ºª

On each virtual machine download dayz commander.

Go into settings and adjust wireless keyboards so they can only join their own virtual machine.

Go into parallels workstation preferences and set 4gb RAM to each virtual machine depending on how much people your playing with just add 4 per player.

Resize all virtual machines to make it like split screen.

All open dayz commander and find server.

PLAY LIKE BAWS:D

Edited by Kevsta545
  • Like 8

Holy crap.

We just drag our pc around to whoevers place and set it up and play side by side.

• Like 5

Holy crap.

We just drag our pc around to whoevers place and set it up and play side by side.

wow dude, welcome to 1990 ;)

• Like 3

I know :) ..much easier though if we are doing a night or weekend at someones house and want to get our dayz or any other game on.

• Like 2

We also do this for tons of other games :) I know its a lot of shit but once you install everything once its smooth sailing from there on out :)

If you want to do something even cooler with dayz and this, if your monitor has an HDMI you can hook it up to your TV to realy increase the immersion of gaming with friends :)

Parallels workstation costs a bit of money though, if you add me on Skype I can send you a spare copy if needed :) just check my contact info in my profile description.

If you want to do something even cooler with dayz and this, if your monitor has an HDMI you can hook it up to your TV to realy increase the immersion of gaming with friends :)

I am normally hooked up to my spare 42 " so i can enjoy the scenery ;) 

Awesome idea! I still think caring it out is a little complicated. Lots of USB ports and a fairly large monitor are just a few of the things your going to need to pull this off...

but still a really cool concept!

Edited by GrumpyGat

I will stick to playing online with my friends, that way I can fart as loud as I want without scaring them.

nice info though.

What kind of cpu / gpu do you have?!? I can barely run dayZ as it is, but 4 copies? wow.

I just take my PC to my friend :D

Haha good idea, but I have to ask the same question - what beast PC do you have? Im running on SLI 680 and i7-3930K but I would never be able to run 4 copies... (then again im running it on a 120hz monitor...)

Haha good idea, but I have to ask the same question - what beast PC do you have? Im running on SLI 680 and i7-3930K but I would never be able to run 4 copies... (then again im running it on a 120hz monitor...)

Intel 4770K i7

16gb RAM G skills ripjaw X

Overclock 20%

GtX 770

You can get away with 8gb ram though and probs dont need the over clocking, but I use it for other games.

I wish I knew people in RL who played Dayz, a buddy of mine tried it for a month than gave up and my online group disbanded long ago, I've been a lone wolf ever since aside from the odd stranger I teamed up with. An all nite, beer fueled dayz lan party would be AMAZING.

• Like 1

I wish I knew people in RL who played Dayz, a buddy of mine tried it for a month than gave up and my online group disbanded long ago, I've been a lone wolf ever since aside from the odd stranger I teamed up with. An all nite, beer fueled dayz lan party would be AMAZING.

If you ever want to play with me and my buds just PM me :D

• Like 1

If you ever want to play with me and my buds just PM me :D

Cool, will likely play this Friday/Saturday depending on the GF. I'll drop ye a line.