Lucky_Luffy

More detailed hospitals

I'd really like to see more detail in the hospitals in the DayZ standalone. For example, you could walk up to the hospital doors, which have a large amount of unlootable corpses scatter close by and they open automatically. The reception of the hospital should have alot of overturned tables/chairs with newspapers and other things scattered everywhere (A huge panic erupting after an infected zombie attacks a doctor). There should be various hospital rooms for various supplies:

Supply room - Food and basic gear

Surgery room- Blood bags and other advanced medicinal gear

Injury unit- Bandages, Morphine

Panic room- A locked room, originally designed for flu outbreaks but cannot withstand the might of the zombies, with a large amount of  supplies and maybe even an occasional spawn of a gun.

There could be infected zombies and doctors roaming the hallways.

Comment if you think this is a good idea

• Like 1

No power, no automatic doors.  Other than that they're working on it.  There's an old dev post that shows an interior hallway of the 'new' hospitals.

• Like 3

I can agree with this completely even though this is being worked on in the Standalone. I'd also like to see some buildings with electricity I.E a generator; this is not what you'll see in buildings larger than residential homes.

These links are the total of images I've found regarding the hospitals in the Standalone.

-http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o6_500.jpg (Hospital Hallway)

-http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o4_500.jpg (Hospital Lobby)

-http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o1_500.jpg (Can see the outside)

-http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o5_500.jpg (Upstairs of Hospital)

Source: DayZ Tumblr Blog; remember these might be outdated but are the most relevant to your topic.

What I'd like to see in hospitals in particular to keep it related to the topic is..

•  Lack of medical supplies due to the events of a zombie apocalypse; medical supplies not found have to be well hidden.
  •  Rooms requiring keys to go into.
  •  Generally hospitals require electricity. Temperatures will be different and can cause pathogens which thrive in warmer temperatures.
  •  Noticeable amount of blood around rooms; zombies around corridors, hallways and rooms at a certain amount.
  •  Parking lot and more than 1 entrance to go inside of it.
  •  Should vary on sizes of hospitals between large and small and not so modern to adapt with Chernarus.
  •  Unsanitary areas in the interior of the hospital means more diseases are bound to happen (bring a surgical mask!)

This is what the hospital I have in mind in terms of size and relation to the geographic area: (Click Image Here)

Edited by TIC321

The hospitals are fully enterable in the standalone. Rocket doesn't really want too many things like piles of dead bodies in the standalone for whatever reason, but if there was one place where it would be suitable it would be the hospitals, so maybe they will consider it...

The hospitals are fully enterable in the standalone. Rocket doesn't really want too many things like piles of dead bodies in the standalone for whatever reason, but if there was one place where it would be suitable it would be the hospitals, so maybe they will consider it...

Might be to reduce the stress on servers as most things are operated on their end instead of client if I were to guess.

I can agree with this completely even though this is being worked on in the Standalone. I'd also like to see some buildings with electricity I.E a generator; this is not what you'll see in buildings larger than residential homes.

These links are the total of images I've found regarding the hospitals in the Standalone.

-http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o6_500.jpg (Hospital Hallway)

-http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o4_500.jpg (Hospital Lobby)

-http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o1_500.jpg (Can see the outside)

-http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5mwcddJI1rd90z0o5_500.jpg (Upstairs of Hospital)

Source: DayZ Tumblr Blog; remember these might be outdated but are the most relevant to your topic.

What I'd like to see in hospitals in particular to keep it related to the topic is..

•  Lack of medical supplies due to the events of a zombie apocalypse; medical supplies not found have to be well hidden.
  •  Rooms requiring keys to go into.
  •  Generally hospitals require electricity. Temperatures will be different and can cause pathogens which thrive in warmer temperatures.
  •  Noticeable amount of blood around rooms; zombies around corridors, hallways and rooms at a certain amount.
  •  Parking lot and more than 1 entrance to go inside of it.
  •  Should vary on sizes of hospitals between large and small and not so modern to adapt with Chernarus.
  •  Unsanitary areas in the interior of the hospital means more diseases are bound to happen (bring a surgical mask!)

This is what the hospital I have in mind in terms of size and relation to the geographic area: (Click Image Here)

I believe Ivan Butcha (sorry I butchered his name) made a comment about local clinics that are in many towns in the area.  These will probably serve as "mini-hospitals" where some medical equipment might be found.  Of course, everyone and their mother would have searched there, so don't expect much.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 3

Might be to reduce the stress on servers as most things are operated on their end instead of client if I were to guess.

I think it's more to do with wanting DayZ lore to remain player generated. I know he didn't want blood splattered building interiors etc. for the same reason.

Don't have a link handy, but aside from reducing server stress it was something like 'i want players to create their own story'.  He told a story about how he was playing once, came up to an apartment building with a long line of dead zombies leading to it and up the stairs to the top floor.  All the way to the balcony of the top floor and he looked down and saw a dead player with a gun (pretty sure he said it was a Lee Enfield).  He was moved by that and wanted us to make our own stories rather than static ones.

• Like 2

I mostly like the idea, but if there starts being food, guns, medicals and all the rest of it in hospitals they're going to basically be a one-stop shop - sounds like you could just go into a hospital and end up fully geared which is a little object defeating. i agree there should be more to the hospitals though, maybe an uncommon spawning of food in a cafeteria or something but no guns/weapons.

• Like 2

The new hopsitals are going to be epic awesome sauce.

I am going to have a great time,

Panic room- A locked room, originally designed for flu outbreaks but cannot withstand the might of the zombies, with a large amount of supplies and maybe even an occasional spawn of a gun.

I don't believe I have ever heard of a hospital with a panic room.
  • Like 1

Comment if you think this is a good idea

Sorry, but this just totally ruined it for me. This isn't Facebook.

But regarding the idea; there wouldn't be any power more than two years after the outbreak. Also, we don't the "one-stop shop" as mentioned before.

• Like 1

I don't believe I have ever heard of a hospital with a panic room.

I think he simply meant a quarantine room and didn't find the right word.

Generators are normally used as a temporary measure in case of a black out. I doubt many hospitals have enough fuel to generate power for more than two days, and in case of a major outbreak like in DayZ i doubt there will be anyone left to fill it up regularly.

A DayZ aftermath hospital is the last place i want to be with all those germs and humidity and whatever stuff growing there over time if it looks like the hospital in the first episode of TWD. Either a mask or better a biohazard suit.

I think he simply meant a quarantine room and didn't find the right word.

Generators are normally used as a temporary measure in case of a black out. I doubt many hospitals have enough fuel to generate power for more than two days, and in case of a major outbreak like in DayZ i doubt there will be anyone left to fill it up regularly.

A DayZ aftermath hospital is the last place i want to be with all those germs and humidity and whatever stuff growing there over time if it looks like the hospital in the first episode of TWD. Either a mask or better a biohazard suit.

That's possible. But why would a quarantine room have a, "large amount of  supplies and maybe even an occasional spawn of a gun"?

That's possible. But why would a quarantine room have a, "large amount of  supplies and maybe even an occasional spawn of a gun"?

Because every KoSer wants a weapon in every enterable room? Almost every suggestion about something new ends up having weapons stashed in some corner.