rocket

Darwin List: Banned Users

Can't believe the manic drivel spouted by the 12 year old hordes here. So much utter bullshit. You 'lost your £20?' no you didn't, you bought a game from an accountable developer then downloaded an independent free mod produced by a totally free individual; your £20 is connected directly with arma2 and arma2 OA, *it has absolutely zero connection with DayZ*. Any argument against this is factually redundant and there is zero work around. The reason the dev team isn't prioritising answering 12 year olds is because making a mod requires an enormous number of *freely donated* man hours. Most mods don't even make it to completion and no one here has any right to make demands of the creators of this one.

If you want to influence the direction of this mod then please do so, it is actively encouraged, just do so in a calm, reasoned manner and don't sit here and whine, 'rocket this' 'rocket that' - you're just being the immature little 12 year olds that you are and highlighting how desperately irresponsible parents are in allowing their 12 year olds free reign on the Internet.

12 year olds like you ruin games such as runescape, or company of heroes, or CSS or indeed DayZ because you lack the basic cognitive facilities developers require from their players in order to produce a compelling game for the actual target audience. Mark twain said that censorship (and this can be applied here) is like banning steak because kids cant chew it.

If you cant hold your tongue and behave now, then please shut the **** up til you're mature enough to conduct yourselves with composure and dignity.

If you cant hold your tongue and behave now' date=' then please shut the **** up til you're mature enough to conduct yourselves with composure and dignity.

[/quote']

The irony of you spouting the phrase "12 year olds" 5 times in your post then talking about maturity, composure and dignity is actually physically painful.

Your post is a fantastic and valid point and i totally agree, but you're a fucking idiot.

If you cant hold your tongue and behave now' date=' then please shut the **** up til you're mature enough to conduct yourselves with composure and dignity.

[/quote']

The irony of you spouting the phrase "12 year olds" 5 times in your post then talking about maturity, composure and dignity is actually physically painful.

Your post is a fantastic and valid point and i totally agree, but you're a fucking idiot.

It occurs to me that the phrases "post is a fantastic and valid point" and "you're a fucking idiot." are mutually exclusive. Perhaps the reason I 'spouted' tht phrase several times is that I find these people incredibly frustrating and hence I wanted to be quite damning.

I am not "a fucking idiot" and your haste to label me as such suggests that conversely it is you who is the idiot and flaming.

I've read a lot of pages in this topic, and did that Scott guy and Sigma guy ever some real response?

And I'm a buyer of the game too, just for the DayZ mod. In my opinion Arma 2 is a bad game that didn't deserve my money.

I believe in the USA the cases of Scott and Sigma would be some material for a court case even, too bad those 25 bucks is not really worth it to build a case upon and injustice and plain money stealing (since paying for a service and then don't deliver that service) is one thing which makes the real world even worse.

It's one thing to ruin someone's game world, but in the case of that Scott and Sigma, Rocket is being guilty of making the real world a worse place, which is in my opinion even more something to be frowned upon.

What a bunch of BS. Rocket does not ban anyone from playing arma. He can ban/blacklist anyone from using/accessing his mod DB. No one has a "right" to play dayz. If rocket decides to pull the plug tomorrow, what you gonna do? Sue him? LoL

Just play on a private server that works when he shuts the hive down or when it is getting ddosed.

[/quote']

It occurs to me that the phrases "post is a fantastic and valid point" and "you're a fucking idiot." are mutually exclusive. Perhaps the reason I 'spouted' tht phrase several times is that I find these people incredibly frustrating and hence I wanted to be quite damning.

I am not "a fucking idiot" and your haste to label me as such suggests that conversely it is you who is the idiot and flaming.

I don't know, i didn't think it was a difficult concept to grasp that the point of your post was fine but your wording makes you look like a complete tool. But clearly your pseudo-intellectual ways are far above my level of understanding. But i digress, this is the internet after all and you're just another tool in this shed.

• Like 1

...But clearly your pseudo-intellectual ways are far above my level of understanding.

So nice to see a bit honesty now and then. :P

MasterCaution' pid='24291' dateline='1337087054']

This is an Alpha mod.

If you paid $25 for a game to play an alpha mod then perhaps you should have paid attention as well.

If you live in a bubble and do not pay any attention to the forums then it is you who are to blame.

The Devs are not responsible for making sure every single person understands every single rule.

In every multiplayer game I have ever played' date=' the player is responsible for understanding and abiding by the rules.

[/quote']

I'm sorry but this is pure bullshit. Not only that, but this kind of brownosing is hurting the overall community as much as ppl that are bitching about too much realism and high difficulty. I agree that cheaters should be banned without warning, but there should be a clear set of rules to follow. Claiming that it's a noobs fault that he was banned for picking up cheat weapon from a corpse, because he didn't look in the forums, is stupid for two reasons.

1) There is no list of legit equipment

2) There are no rules

How can you justify banning someone for breaking the rules, if THERE ARE NO RULES? ***Following your logic Rocket could just as well ban you for whatever reason***, and you couldn't say anything, because he banned you for a rule you didn't even know existed.

If there's going to be a future for this mod, we need a structure. And this can only be achieved by community feedback. The problem is right now this feedback is constantly being diluted and pushed aside by self entilted players that think of every person with a new suggestion as a "stupid whiner/cod kid". And that's not cool. Banning people for lack of knowledge is also not cool. What is cool however is listening to the community, learning from your mistakes and evolving.

Well... he can ban you for whatever reason he wants. You have no right to play the DayZ mod at all. No one does (except I suppose for rocket himself)

MasterCaution' pid='46264' dateline='1337654098']I hardly think it is giving Dayz a bad reputation.

There are 80' date='000 players now, give or take a few ....bad rep eh ?

And Prevention is never better than Punishment.....bullshit lefty concept that has been repeatedly proven not to work.

spare the rod, spoil the child

[/quote']

It's fallacious to take the player base right now as the banlist has JUST been posted and try to correlate that to lack of reputation influence. My sample size is very small, but three different people (frequenters of 4chan) that I tried to get into the concept of DayZ yesterday threw the banning issue back in my face, so there must have been a few threads there about it at least. Regardless of how much you think it affects the entire population it is still bad reputation- your point was merely one of scale which ignores the issue.

Don't bring politics into this. That's ridiculous, this has nothing to do with any politics, this is about hacking in a videogame (I'm Libertarian if it makes you feel any better). In this context prevention is much better than punishment. I'd like a reason why you think it's better for the potential for the weapon hacks to exist for banning is better than just removing that potential entirely.

Are the bans based on player evidence or log scanning? A good log parser should be able to determine the difference between which players were actually illegitimate and which were caught in the crossfire of the issue. Such processing is part of my field, if a dev needs assistance or feels his time would be better spent elsewhere I could pitch in.

If it were possible to prevent hacking *ENTIRELY* as easily as you say, I'm kind of confident that the DayZ Team would have done so already or is doing so right now.

Until that great day has come - kill...err I mean..ban those that hack right now, please.

Over the last couple of days I've banned a number of players who have:

- teleported

- spawned vehicles

- teleported to invalid locations

- respawned and spawned items

Just cause BE doesnt catch all cheats doesnt mean we dont see this kind of abuse in the database.

Your bans are non-revokable on DB level.

An additional ignoble award goes to players with racist names or acting maliciously (spamming or similar).

These hacks were annoying in ArmA 2 a few years ago but in DayZ they add even more frustration. You can ban them but ArmA 2s protection against hacks has always seemed a bit poor (I'm only judging this by the fact I faced hackers weekly for a year when I used to play ArmA 2 a lot). Hopefully ArmA 3 will have better protection or the mod can be fitted with safeguards, either way I love this mod, keep up the good work guys.

wtf you can get banned for picking up hacked weapons? i don't even know all the weapons in the game and i'm constantly finding new ones, what if i stumble onto some hacked weapons and am not even aware of it? seems kind of ridiculous.

I'm sorry but this is pure bullshit. Not only that, but this kind of brownosing is hurting the overall community as much as ppl that are bitching about too much realism and high difficulty. I agree that cheaters should be banned without warning, but there should be a clear set of rules to follow. Claiming that it's a noobs fault that he was banned for picking up cheat weapon from a corpse, because he didn't look in the forums, is stupid for two reasons.

1) There is no list of legit equipment

2) There are no rules

How can you justify banning someone for breaking the rules, if THERE ARE NO RULES? Following your logic Rocket could just as well ban you for whatever reason, and you couldn't say anything, because he banned you for a rule you didn't even know existed.

If there's going to be a future for this mod, we need a structure. And this can only be achieved by community feedback. The problem is right now this feedback is constantly being diluted and pushed aside by self entilted players that think of every person with a new suggestion as a "stupid whiner/cod kid". And that's not cool. Banning people for lack of knowledge is also not cool. What is cool however is listening to the community, learning from your mistakes and evolving.

Rule, do not hack. Pretty simple if you are making gear appear you will be banned. Who needs a list to know this nonsense. Also, if you are using exploits expect a server ban. Once again if it is cheap do not be surprised about the punishment. If people start being punished just for sheer d baggery then I will be on your side, but excuse me for not feeling bad for some stupid hackers who spawn items and vehicles for an unfair advantage or even worse spawn you in the air to fall to your death. I have been killed by a hacker in my short time playing the game, I did not come on here to whine about it but it was extremely annoying.

I'm just throwing this out there because I have been having problems connecting to servers with my friend logged in on my network. Am I banned anywhere? I read that it could have been for putting down markers.

Well, I am able to connect to US 34 Seattle.

Edited by Daedalao

I can't post any threads , for an unknown reason , so i'll post here.

Cheater name : Vanzer

Server : EU13

Time : GMT +2

What he does ? = Spawning at the same location where he died , with the same equipment.

Here the screenshots of his 2 bodies :

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dqk941.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/jsj0pd.png

Here the inventory of the 2 bodies ( I took 1 granade for each body ) :

http://i46.tinypic.com/14tms0i.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/2jfdedc.png

Nobody paid anything for DayZ. Sure, people paid for arma, but they are not banned from arma. The makers are busy enough, so if there are cheaters they get banned, end of story.

If someone got banned for picking up loot, I'm sure this can be resolved.

. Well said but They get paid The game studio we new guys just bought The game for dayz but we dont know anything about arma 2 And never played went straight on The dayz ;)

can we get thier GUIDs as well?

Yes, please. PlayerID's in-game are easily spoofed and names can be changed as well. Why not post GUIDs???

I can't post any threads , for an unknown reason , so i'll post here.

Cheater name : Vanzer

Server : EU13

Time : GMT +2

What he does ? = Spawning at the same location where he died , with the same equipment.

Here the screenshots of his 2 bodies :

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dqk941.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/jsj0pd.png

Here the inventory of the 2 bodies ( I took 1 granade for each body ) :

http://i46.tinypic.com/14tms0i.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/2jfdedc.png

That's just a bug. Happened to me one day. It just didn't save my death so i spawned on my last saved position.