Sign in to follow this  
Oliver Riedel

Social Experiment, Neat Idea

Hmm, what do you guys think?

I've been playing dayz on and off for around a year now and want to try an interesting experiment. I want to start a survivor group and do the usual things survivors do ie gather weapons, vehicles, survive, start campsite, etc and play the game as a group normally would. However, as a twist I'd like to introduce permadeath into our group.

Basically, we all get decently equipped as we spawn. Once we leave the coast the game is on. If someone in the group dies from legit means (not hacker or glitch) the person is dead. Like they're off the group, they're must leave the server.

It might sound harsh but I'm intending it as a social experiment. The sense of loss and desire for members to survive will theoretically be greatly increased this way. 

only ingame voice. Have a meeting place somewhere, the ones who make it at a specific time are awesome and will start the story there.  Or you know be losers and use skype or something..

I will give it a day or two for everyone wanting to join up to massage me, I will then make a skype group/chat from everyone wanting to play. from there we can discuss details!

Would also be fun to write down, record everyone's last words!

Edited by Oliver Riedel
  • Like 8

Sounds good, sign me up.

• Like 1

To develop a sense of loss, you must get to really know each other

To get to know each other, it must take time

If you're gonna just live in the woods, you can live out there for months without seeing anyone

Are you gonna keep this up for months? Or are you expecting it to all play out in one playsession?

If months: that would mean every person in your group must dedicate every day to playing at the same time, for the same period, in order to build relationships. Nice idea, but that aint gonna happen.

Edited by ToxicSludge

If you're gonna just live in the woods, you can live out there for months without seeing anyone

Are you gonna keep this up for months? Or are you expecting it to all play out in one playsession?

If months: that would mean every person in your group must dedicate every day to playing at the same time, for the same period, in order to build relationships. Nice idea, but that aint gonna happen.

Im not really expecting this to go on for longer than 1-2 weeks. Once everyone that is willing to sign up has massaged me on skype we can get down to the details. There is a few Ideas I would like to discuss after everyone is in the skype group/chat.

Hello there

A social experiment? hmmm not too sure.

Fun to try? Absolutely.

I dont think getting kitted out should be part of it. Stronger bonds are built through hardship even though your early attrition rate might be high.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Hmm, well I havent quite worked out all the small details. Im thinking after we get a small skype chat going we can work those details out.

You should keep us all posted who aren't participating. I'm trying to keep myself busy by not playing video games, but if I had the time I'd do it. So I'm interested, and I'd love to hear more!

Sounds like it could be pretty fun, unfortunately I don't have a capable machine at the moment but I'd like it if you kept the thread updated while it happened.

Good luck!

I've thought of doing this in the past but never actually got around to doing it... Let us know how it goes. :)

Alright I will keep you guys updated. Only going to wait about 1 more day for anyone interested to get in here! add me on skype monk2007monk

could be interesting if tried by a solid already existing group..i'd like to see the report but don't have time to try myself..

Once everyone that is willing to sign up has massaged me on skype

Massaged you on Skype?

BAWHAWHAWBAWHAWHAWHAWBAWAWHAWMERGHBAWHAWBAWHAW!

ME GUSTA!

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 1

I will give it a day or two for everyone wanting to join up to massage me, I will then make a skype group/chat from everyone wanting to play. from there we can discuss details!

Whoa, massage you? I dont even know you!

Whoa, massage you? I dont even know you!

HAHAHAHAHA THAT IS SOOOO FUNNY DUDE LEL

It wouldnt be that hard. Get a camp log in and who ever is on is who you hang out with.. You will get to know those who play around the same times as you. Maybe have everyone agree to play only that server until they die.

This idea is really good.  I'm as pessimistic as a few others, about being able to accomplish it properly with people's schedules and stuff - but I wish you luck getting this together and would like to read stories!

I think your idea will really work best with a smallish group, that can always play at the same time.  Meet as strangers, but really bond.  Get to know each other.  TRY to keep each other alive.  

For bonus points, go full roleplay.  Tell each other about your lives, but in past tense.  Each player is the sole survivor of their family and community.  

I can definitely see this getting intense and fun.  I wish I could take part, but it would be nearly impossible for me to commit the kind of time you'd need to do this right.  

I really hope you record this, it could be a really cool series. The only problem being that the camera man can't die. That would make things awkward. I also don't think getting kitted out should be a part of it, since it's so easy to die on the cost. I think you should all start at say, Elektro, and have a "meet here in an hour" kind of thing. Before you all meet somewhere people should be allowed to die as many times as needed.

I will give it a day or two for everyone wanting to join up to massage me

Won't happen man, won't happen.

But this is a great idea! However I would like to wait until the SA release...

Edited by Wayze