TheWizard14

With this new Choose Spawn feature, Dayz Turned into CoD

I wouldn't base it on number of times a player spawns as that'll just lead to suicides but that would work just as well.  Perhaps when the player runs out of spawns he'd have to revert to randoms spawns.    A timer would probably work better though.  10, 15, even 30 minutes would be reasonable considering the whole "survival" aspect and all.

The reason I chose 2 wasn't arbitrary; It takes enough time to kill yourself once to give someone 5 minutes to themselves. Relogging and killing yourself a second time gives them maybe 10, 15 minutes.

I think, ultimately, a timer and a spawn number would lead to the same thing; 2 suicides is the equivalent to a 20 minute spawn timer, theoretically. A 1 hour spawn timer would probably be good.

• Like 3

The reason I chose 2 wasn't arbitrary; It takes enough time to kill yourself once to give someone 5 minutes to themselves. Relogging and killing yourself a second time gives them maybe 10, 15 minutes.

I think, ultimately, a timer and a spawn number would lead to the same thing; 2 suicides is the equivalent to a 20 minute spawn timer, theoretically. A 1 hour spawn timer would probably be good.

this would be great if it was implemented. 

however, OP's on crack though if he thinks choosing spawns made cherno/electro a deathmatch. It sounds almost exactly the same as before with a quicker turnover. DO NOT GO TO THE SOUTHERN CITIES, it's as obvious as that, and has been for a while. Not liking choosing your spawn is fine, but the fact is players were spawning and running straight for those cities anyway. Random spawn didn't help when the fact is that 3/4 of the spawnpoints were located right near cherno/electro, so players dicking around in those areas weren't too handicapped anyway.

choosing spawns seems to have spread the playerbase way better than they were before, berenzino is an actual dangerous place now, and i've found way more players trying to survive outside of the cities than previously. 

tl:dr spawn choice is a flawed but good idea, it need's some fine tuning and then it might actually encourage players to not just go to cherno/electro.

Edited by Capo

Unfortunately i think OP got a good point there. :(

The thing i really love about the spawn-selection is that i can get team up with my friend WAY quicker. LOVE IT.

• Like 1

Well it's their choice if they want to spawn were they just got killed by there should be a limit or something :/

• Like 1

Well it's their choice if they want to spawn were they just got killed by there should be a limit or something :/

EDIT: nvm.

Agree with what Applejaxc said a few posts before!

Edited by m.cab

it's such an arcade feature to impliment, i genuinely don't understand the reasoning behind it myself. i'm not really bothered by it as i haven't had to respawn since it was implimented nor do i hang around place like elektro or cherno - but Berezino spawn? what's that about? I know you actually spawn in Nizhnoe but close enough, Berezino is one of the best places in my opinion and you don't even have to work to get there anymore.. and the fact that it's replaced Kamenka as a spawn is just unfathomably illogical. Kamenka was a good spawn because instantly you have the 'oh shit i need to run and do something about this' feeling rather than the 'oh i'll walk 2 minutes to a military loot area and get geared out' CoD feeling, so you'd frantically sprint up to Zelenogorsk. well, unless you're one of these CoD kiddies that can't accept their given spawn and just purposely die to zombies.

EDIT: Kamenka was the very first place i spawned too, so i'll personally miss that spawn should i die.

EDIT 2: I've just realised (having played a new private hive server my new clan put up last night) that Kamenka spawn is indeed choosable, good :)

Edited by Gwraspe
  • Like 1

isnt there a limit or a timer, so you  can not respawn in the same spot?

or at least I thought I read something like that, sounding like it is not working as i imagined.

Why can I not spawn on the small island 25 or so kilometers south-east of Chernarus?

• Like 3

I think a timer for each spawn is necessary as I resent shot a bandit and he was back with a hachet in elektro before I had finished looting him

Luckily it wasn't a server where you started with a gun otherwise it would have made my whole play totally pointless

I'm okay with this new feature. To be honest there's a lot of servers that don't have the PVP thing going on, it's just a case of finding them.

PVP servers can be spotted in the description and PVP-mentality servers can usually be spotted by the shitty conversations in sidechat pretty quickly.

I've spawned into Elektro a few times now and not had any bother. I've always liked going through Elektro, up past the dam and then deciding whether to head NE or NW.

I met one guy yesterday in the fire station, we were both armed and neither of us shot.

I got him to blood bag me and then we went our separate ways.

Anyway, I've gone off my point. Don't worry, find a decent server, they do exist, I promise :)

Oh and the timer idea, agree!

Edited by philbottle

then just choose a low trafic area..empty server: elektro, full server: kamenka with all the possible variations in the middle

In a sense, though, weren't people already doing this by suicide?

thats what so funny about people whining about this alot or most oh i spawned kamenka ill jump off closest bridge yay electro

all it does is just stop you having to kill yourself. people need to stop whining let the game continue and stop trying to ruin it

• Like 1

people need to stop whining let the game continue and stop trying to ruin it

:lol:

Giving people a choice where to spawn to prevent them killing themselves is like preventing server hopping by making loot easily available at all times.

• Like 1

i think the server timer idea should be an immediate hotfix...

it really is nice to choose your spawns, so you dont spawn kamenka 10x in a row.

but the ability for fawkers to respawn in same location they died just to reloot the body, get insta revenge, etc is totally retarded.

not realistic at all.

put in the damn timer!

• Like 1

I think they should implement something to stop the morons from killing themselves to get a better spawn.

Your spawn isn't meant to be a good thing, you're meant to wake up, disoriented and put some effort into finding your bearings and gearing up a little before venturing into the more contested areas.

Oh, you spawn in Kamenka?
Tough shit - get walking.

• Like 3

I think they should implement something to stop the morons from killing themselves to get a better spawn.

Your spawn isn't meant to be a good thing, you're meant to wake up, disoriented and put some effort into finding your bearings and gearing up a little before venturing into the more contested areas.

Oh, you spawn in Kamenka?

Tough shit - get walking.

Kamenka is a great place.

• Like 3

Why are you guys whining about this when there are hundreds if not thousands of servers to play on. There are also mods, that dont have that enable. Its not that hard to choose a server that doesnt have that enabled. If you cannot handle it, then you shouldn't be playing the current mod and should wait for the standalone.

Server optional or not, I still don't get the reasoning behind this feature.

cuz the KoSers dont like having to run 20 mins from Kamenka to start playing CoD again..

drrr....

• Like 4

Why are people who don't enjoy KoS complaining? Don't spawn in Elektro/Cherno/Balota choose one of the other locations since the majority of the CoD wanna-be play will be happening around those other three you can now avoid it by going elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Says who ? what.. because people got infected that means that i suddenly teleported to a different location not of my choosing and woke up disoriented ? No guy....ill choose my own character backstory... so ill choose where to spawn.

Edited by Massicor

I've been choosing random spawns.

Personally, I don't like the new spawn choice. Why was this even done?

No need for it in vanilla at all imo.

Just add more random spawn points.

• Like 1