Sign in to follow this  
gamble1986

AS50/M107??

Good evening all...now the 1.8 patch is out, myself personally would have loved to see the AS50 and M107 put back in the game. I know opinions will be varied on this, but it seems since them 2 weapons have been removed, an air of excitement has gone a little from the game (maybe not for others)

How many of you would like to see them back in the game?

And a way to limit the usage of these high powered guns is to stop the ammunition usable in either weapon. e.g. M107 rounds cant be used in AS50 and vice versa. What would you think of that?

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking how do you feel the removal impacted the game negatively? I know you said not as exciting but could you explain how?

• Like 2

like if running through elektro or cherno (the major pvp/sniper areas) then you used to stumble across a dead ghillie guy with an as50/m107 and think that you have hit the jackpot, enjoy the moment for a while or until you get killed then hope for another miracle like that to occur again. that sort of excitement...if you know what i mean. 

I only ever found 2 m107's and 1 as50 when they were in game (and i have played for near enough a year now) and it was a massive buzz to get them. now it like I cant feel that same buzz anymore :(

There's absolutely no point in a 50cal other then taking out a vehicle. A DMR/M24/SVD will do just fine. I'll personally take a DMR over a m107/as50 any day of the week.

• Like 2

I think he means that there should be some form of rare item beyond the.... Dew....

I personally think a new sniper would be great. DMR's and SVD's get old, too. I found a lot of AS50's, but it still made my day when I found one. I agree, but, I'd say it should be a different rare sniper. That's not OP.

• Like 1

I think he means that there should be some form of rare item beyond the.... Dew....

I personally think a new sniper would be great. DMR's and SVD's get old, too. I found a lot of AS50's, but it still made my day when I found one. I agree, but, I'd say it should be a different rare sniper. That's not OP.

I'd say the current snipers as is are pretty OP. 

• Like 1

Yah, I think the game is better off without them. When they were in the game, every Johnny Two-Shoes seemed to have an AS50 or they were looking for one. Really kind of think most of the snipers should just be removed from the game. Maybe leave one military sniper rifle and the CZ550 or something.

• Like 3

They were too common at heli crashes.

I found three M107s and two AS50s at a single crash, right next to the NWAF.

I'd like to see the DMR made a little more rare so that there more of a 'wow, I found a DMR' feeling.

I know what you mean, but I don't think bringing the anti-material rifles back is the answer.

• Like 1

I have never used either, but got killed by a lot of them :) so I don't miss them one bit.

As mZLY said, make the DMR more rare. You want to snipe? Go find a CZ :)

Wait for standalone and maybe you will find KSVK or M107, if you are like 0,0000003% of the players. (Just speculating)

No, they belong in DayZ about as much as Lamborghini Aventadors or MiG-29s. They don't fit the setting of the game.

And a way to limit the usage of these high powered guns is to stop the ammunition usable in either weapon. e.g. M107 rounds cant be used in AS50 and vice versa. What would you think of that?

The both shoot .50 BMG so that doesn't make sense.

Why not?  As long as the amount in game is hard coded into the hive, say so that only, erm, (pluck from sky) six .50 rifles can exist at any one time in the whole of DayZ.

Now that would give you your buzz, only six across hundreds of servers ... like looking for a Yeti.

The few proud owners amongst thousands of rabid searchers in the community would become the most hunted players in DayZ.

Those who want the holy bang sticks can chase them to doomsday, knowing that getting one is a marvellous achievement ... and a curse of the highest order.   The weapons themselves will be too rare too be a nuisance and nobody will dare fire them much, for fear of being lynched by a deluge of wannabes.

A solution with poetic justice methinks.  In fact do the same thing to varying degrees of rarity for the other sniper penises and military pin-ups as well.

Edited by RN_Max

What good, exactly, did they do? You're saying finding them was a buzz, but how about their uses in the game? 

Most people in DayZ, from my experience, are pretty bad shots, but throw .50 cal weapons in their hands and it doesn't matter as they can just hope to hit your hand and you're out for the count...from over 1km away. That's not sniping, if you ask me, that's just being a dick.

Even the DMR and M40A3 are pretty crazy for this type of environment if you ask me, but definitely survivable unless they actually know what they're doing.

Yes let's re-introduce the 2 worst weapons in the game what a brilliant idea!