billyangstadt

Did anyone buy Arma 2 solely for this mod?

I know I did. Once I saw SideStrafe's youtube video's, I was sold, and still am.

The fact that the mod is only in Alpha excites me, this has soo much potential.

Can't wait to see what new idea's will come to fruition in the updates.

I did. Saw Kilpix's video on his blog (I think thats the spelling of his name, not 100% sure) and went right you youtube to check out a few more vids, then to the site, and then to steam to buy it.

Loving it so far, some of the best $30 I've ever spent.

I did, saw some thread's in /k/ and was amazed by the whole concept. I've only been playing for this week, but I've had more fun than I've had in a long time. I tried to play the Arma 2 singleplayer, but was bored to tears.

i did

i still hope that the developer will decide to create his own game (not as arma mod) with 200-300 people at the server and new ideas)

So did I. Read the article on Kotaku, then read around a bit in this forum, watched a few youtube videos and bought the game the next day. Haven't regretted it yet.

I bought ArmA II, OA and PMC.

After reading a few stories posted in a NeoGAF thread and checking it out on YouTube, I couldn't resist. Worth every penny.

More than happy to support Rocket's "fuck you" to all those video game exec's who told him the concept would never work.

I already owned ArmA...and ArmA2 since like a year after it came out. Then I got ArmA X recently just 'cause I love ArmA so damn much.

If you like the mod, it's really similar to how straight ArmA plays. Well, there's vast differences but the core gameplay is the same. in ArmA, you're a squad leader and you go out and kill the enemy while capturing towns and using what money you earn doing so to upgrade your loadout, build your team's base up or whatever else.

DayZ is basically that but a lot more lonesome and free-form...and scary >_>

I did that too. This scenario is really appealing and fascinating IMO. Couldn't resist.

And it was worth it pretty much.

Yea, read about it Kotaku, watch some vids, downloaded the mod, and then went and bought it from Steam

I actually bought it for another mod a few weeks ago, being Project Reality. But I was having a hard time to get into it (I like the BF2 PR more) and wasn't sure I made a right purchase. But along came Day Z.

Nah I had Arma and Arma 2 and played them a lot.

For those of you that like this mod....Arma Vanilla plays just like this. It's basically Domination with zombies.

The Arma series is just one of those things I tend to buy as soon as they come out, mostly for their modding potential. I used to play Domination a bit but once I got my first taste of DayZ it's all I play anymore leaving BF3, RO:HoS, Crysis (and mods), and even Minecraft on a dark, lonely part of my HDD collecting virtual dust ;) At least five people have purchased for just this mod based on my recommendation.

Many, many, many people (likely thousands) bought just for this mod. A2:CO rocketing into the top five best sellers on Steam doesn't lie.

For those of you that have NOT purchased yet and are perhaps reading this thread as research... Be advised that this mod is still an "ALPHA"! That's pre-beta even. It's not perfect (yet) and things change constantly. As a mod I've read the occasional post from players who feel disappointed for one reason or another, like they got ripped off. It's ALPHA and comes with NO promises or guarantees! YMMV

I even bought a new PC (almost) solely for being able to play DayZ. :)

For everyone who is buying Arma 2 just for DayZ that's great but you should definitely check out the vanilla game as well. It's a vastly different experience and a worthwhile one at that.

So did I. Read the article on Kotaku' date=' then read around a bit in this forum, watched a few youtube videos and bought the game the next day. Haven't regretted it yet.

[/quote']

THIS. Pretty much what I did. I knew about ARMA2 being an old Op. Flashpoint guy, but I bought it for this mod.

I got sucked into like a 10 part series of 20 minute youtube videos of DayZ and I had to buy it.

A few months ago I tried the free version of Arma and I couldn't really get into it. DayZ forced me to learn how to play and now I love it.

I plan on either buying Arma2 solely for this mod, or waiting for Arma3 for this mod. After coming across SideStrafe's videos on youtube, I was sold. I've also convinced 2 friends to do so.

I'm sure I'll try out vanilla Arma2 or 3 but my main focus is to play this mod. I'm convinced enough that I'd be willing to shell out for Arma AND pay for this mod. When I do buy the game and download this mod, I'll definitely donate something if they have a donation set up.

I sure did. Then I got a bear-like friend into it and now he's stuck as well. With me, of course. Extremely apprehensive about ARMA2 for a long period of time, (and still am) and I would have never ever purchased it if wasnt for this fantabulous mod.

I bought this game 100% for this mod! But I downloaded the demo of Arma to make sure I could run the game first :P

yeah i downloaded arma 2 free when i saw this mod to play and get used to the controls until i could afford combined operations, and i bought CO a few days ago specifically for and have used it for nothing other than day z so far