billyangstadt

Did anyone buy Arma 2 solely for this mod?

all newcomers buy arma 2 just for dayz. of course there was always an active community for arma 2 long before these zombie mods.

I bought this game 100% for this mod! But I downloaded the demo of Arma to make sure I could run the game first :P

This is my story as well, exactly.

love the mod, great work! keep it up!!

Yes, I bought Joint Operations and the PMC DLC solely to play DayZ. No regrets - this is the best thing to come along for a long time and I love it. I've never seen a zombie apocalypse done better or more immersively. Kudos to the developers of this mod - this is as good as a triple-A release, even at this early stage. Can't wait to see where this project goes...

I havent bought Arma 2 yet, But on wednesday night I would have bought it and started playing this mod! Its the only reason why im gettin Arma 2!

I didn't actually.

I've stayed true to Bohemia and their epic OFP/ArmA franchise since 2001, when Operation Flashpoint was released (now THAT'S a good game :) )

Of course I own Take on Helicopters and Carrier Command (beta) as well.

Not a big fan of zombies but when DayZ came along I surrendered in a heartbeat. The persistant, unforgiving world tricked me in going back to Chernarus to have my poor PC raped once again ;)

Well done BIS, for continuing to make true PC games and staying loyal to your community all these years, and well done Rocket for bringing fresh new faces to ArmA! I might meet some of them on an Insurgency server sometime soon :D

It's great Arma2 is getting more attention. I just wish people would play the damn tutorial! I'm sick of people asking in side-chat "How do I open doors?" "How do I change weapons?" "How do I pick up things?"

I mean come on.

i saw vids on youtube, and was like, OH MY GOD... i didn't even know wtf arma 2 was before i saw them... finally someone with a brain, develops a game, (not even a proper game) within a game, to give people what they want.

IMAGINE, if this game had the proper engine to run this, imagine, if it had proper devs (not hating on these devs they're awesome :) but it's not a major a company and you guys can only put so much time into it :(. It could be something awesome. People are sick of the garbage, graphic based, catering to carebears, boring, stupid games that come out nowadays this game right here is proof.

This game is only in it's alpha stage... it hasn't even peaked yet... there is so much more content that could be added to make this that much more better... and almost 30000 unique players, you go DayZ team, kudos to you for doing what no else would. Kudos to you for being awesome :)

i saw vids on youtube' date=' and was like, OH MY GOD... i didn't even know wtf arma 2 was before i saw them... finally someone with a brain, develops a game, (not even a proper game) within a game, to give people what they want.

IMAGINE, if this game had the proper engine to run this, imagine, if it had proper devs (not hating on these devs they're awesome :) but it's not a major a company and you guys can only put so much time into it :(. It could be something awesome. People are sick of the garbage, graphic based, catering to carebears, boring, stupid games that come out nowadays this game right here is proof.

This game is only in it's alpha stage... it hasn't even peaked yet... there is so much more content that could be added to make this that much more better... and almost 30000 unique players, you go DayZ team, kudos to you for doing what no else would. Kudos to you for being awesome :)

[/quote']

No offence but in MP with such large terrain arma is gonna be a good as it gets.

I did.

I watched SideStrafes video for like 10 mins and immediately purchased the CO pack.

I haven't bought a game for online play in years. BFC2 and MW2 were the last, and they were a let down.

I did also after seeing an article about it on RockPaperShotgun and then watched some youtube vids. This Mod is awesome worth every penny

i too bought the combined ops from steam, just for this awesome mod!

Yup, I certainly did. Was interested in Arma for a very long time, this was the straw that broke the camels back. If breaking its back is a good thing, because it's a zombie camel. Which nobody likes a zombie camel.

Well, like many others here, I saw the Kotaku and RPS articles and then watched some of the Sidestrafe videos and was instantly sold. This is the zombie game I've been wanting for years. Now I will just have to talk my buddies into buying it as well so I won't be wondering the wastelands alone :D

On the topic of this website:

http://kotaku.com/5910279/pc-zombie-darling-causes-sale-explosion-arma-devs-happy-to-help

It's apparent that Bohemia Interactive not only provided an engine that allows for excessive modding, but have a mindset of avidly supporting those mods that are successful like this one.

Have got a certain soft spot for this types of mindsets and attitude towards the modding and gaming community itself. Map props to these guys.

I used to see DayZ pop up in my multiplayer lobby when there were only about 7 guys on at a time, thinking it was just a group of people playing the zombie sandbox mod together. When I finally decided to join one night I was totally blown away and have since loved every second of this mod.

Let's say half of the one million people who have made DayZ characters bought it solely for Day Z, such as myself, at about 30 dollars off of steam. How much is that? 500,000 x 30$ = 15,000,000. 15 million dollars. So, 15 million dollars into the pockets of the people who made ArmA... Where's the DayZ dev team's check?

I bought Arma II last year, to fly helicopters in circles. I put 100 hours into flying helicopters in circles before DayZ finally gave the game purpose.

Let's say half of the one million people who have made DayZ characters bought it solely for Day Z' date=' such as myself, at about 30 dollars off of steam. How much is that? 500,000 x 30$ = 15,000,000. 15 million dollars. So, 15 million dollars into the pockets of the people who made ArmA... Where's the DayZ dev team's check?

[/quote']

There are only 93,929 unique characters, nowhere near a million.