billyangstadt

Did anyone buy Arma 2 solely for this mod?

Had Operation Arrowhead already (2hours playtime) so thats a no.

but ArmA2?

Yes, only for DayZ.

Although Arma2 would have been pretty high on my list anyways, but I'd probably never got to it, as I had OA already.

-wic

I had Arma 2 on its release date. Used it mainly to fly choppers arround in the editor and to make simple missions and stuff. Later I began to make more advanved co-op missions, with some basic scripting etc etc. I also bought OA on the releasedate but since my friends which I played co-op with sticked to arma I did aswell. Then I saw a vid from SideStrafe on Youtube, who was also covering IronFront(one more day!!!:D) It looked very fun! So me and some mates download the mod asap and we played :D

I bought both games but never really played them because I couldn't really replicate the multiplayer experience I was looking for without joining a different clan. Once DayZ got covered on PCGamer I was able to get most of my clan members to buy ArmA 2: CO because they were really interested in the mod. We might be able to transition into the normal game too if we recruit some more people :)