Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

As I said with the previous attempt' date=' the Post, I am in. Glad to see this taking shape and I am very interested to see where this leads.

[/quote']

This is the same attempt, actually. We just got a more recognizable name and a new thread to indicate that stuff is happening quite soon.

I read on the steam group you'll be doing the first trial run in Balota airfield. So you guys not going for Skalisty Island? Balota airfield seems like a good place to get griefed by freshly spawned people. Not to mention you'll be harassed all the time by bandits because of the high end loot spawning there.

Freshly spawned people are not going to be too much of a concern since they don't have any weapons at first. With that in mind the guards can merely just observe their movements around the post for any suspicious activity.

There will most likely also be a bunch of zombies wandering around to chase off all those helpless newly born survivors. :D

No' date=' it's not exactly Balota airfield itself, that would be a little hard to defend.

Skalisty Island is a goal down the line, we simply don't have the resources yet (boats/huey etc...)

[/quote']

True. I hope you guys get the needed equipement soon.

If this ever truly gets going, and has a semi-successful trial run, I'll be glad to donate a few things to get you guys started. Usually - provided I'm in good health - I carry an abundant amount of meat I'd be willing to give away.

That being said, my presence can only be justified if I feel safe. It'll take a lot for me to migrate out from under my rock and all the way back southwest (I'm literally on the other side of the map) and I'm not poking my head out of anywhere if I think it's getting blown off.

And I'm not saying by you guys. I'm saying for the handful of bandits who will be coming at your territory every 20 minutes.

Can't wait for this :) will defintely be there for the trial run, how can I make it so you'll know i'm friendly when you see me?

If anyone comes against us, they will be dealt with in a proffessional manner with ultimate force.

And lets put it this way, we are gonna have a group of probably 15 guys defending a base. If a bandit group of 2-6 people assault us, they are bound to lose men and equipment...whereas anyone of our guards that die defending the camp, will get all of his stuff back when he runs back to his corpse which is being guarded inside the fort.

If anyone comes against us' date=' they will be dealt with in a proffessional manner with ultimate force.

[hr']

And lets put it this way, we are gonna have a group of probably 15 guys defending a base. If a bandit group of 2-6 people assault us, they are bound to lose men and equipment...whereas anyone of our guards that die defending the camp, will get all of his stuff back when he runs back to his corpse which is being guarded inside the fort.

BAF AS50, no offense

Okay, sorry for the delay, here is the official recruitment announcment:

We are now recruiting for Freeside Trading Co. If you are interested, please post the following information, in order:

Steam Name, TS3 Name, In-Game Name, Forum Name (for ease of use),Timezone (UTC+-X).

EDIT: You can also PM the details to Vulwulf, Publik, or me if you don't want to post them here.

Also, please list which of the following roles you would like to fill:

Organization, Mercenary, Gatherer, Guard, Pilot.

This will all be going into this Google Doc. As soon as your name has been added to the roster, feel free to edit your row in the Availability and Preference sheets. Please don't be an evil troll, btw. :\

Can't wait for this :) will defintely be there for the trial run' date=' how can I make it so you'll know i'm friendly when you see me?

[/quote']

If picked as one of the Trial run team members, we will most likely set up a secret meeting point.

As for everyone else, if travellers and traders want to stop by during the Trial, approach in plain sight, standing and with your long weapon out but down (ctrl twice), If you light yourself up with a chem light that would probably make it easier on us.

If you need some employees, let me know whats up and ill help out, i'm new to the game so i'm looking for a little advice and partners!

Steam Name: havokhanson

TS3 Name: BBF havOk <-- this can change but i use this for my clan at the moment

In-Game Name: i'll pm it later if accepted

Forum Name (for ease of use): bbfhavok

Timezone (UTC+-X) - -4:00 GMT currently 3:11PM as i'm posting this.

Also, please list which of the following roles you would like to fill: Guard, Mercenary, Gatherer

My name is on there twice, does this mean I'm extra important? :P I'm currently on the completly opposite side of the map, I'll be working my way back but idk if my char will make it to balota in time...

If you need some employees' date=' let me know whats up and ill help out, i'm new to the game so i'm looking for a little advice and partners!

[/quote']

Please post your details here (see a few posts up) so that you can be added to the Doc.

EDIT: Nvm.

I'll be messing around with the squad.xml stuff today, Publik. I'll do up a mock image, etc. that we can use as a sample until a more permanent image is selected.

I'll be messing around with the squad.xml stuff today' date=' Publik. I'll do up a mock image, etc. that we can use as a sample until a more permanent image is selected.

[/quote']

Good idea. Be sure to keep the file in just PM's for now, to be distributed to members individually (it wouldn't do for RandomBandit666 to just download it off of this thread).

Steam Name: floatlikemax

TS3 Name: maximus

In-Game Name: max

Forum Name (for ease of use): maximus

Timezone US Eastern

I would like to either be a guard or pilot.

Steam: Xenon697

Teamspeak 3: Shylan

In-Game: Shylan

Forum: Shylan

Timezone: UTC -8

Position(s): Organization, Gatherer

Maximus and Shylan, you've been added.

General Note: I'll be out of town/mostly computer-less this weekend, so if you have to pick someone to PM, it probably shouldn't be me.

don't forget me !!! I think getting killed from the first venture makes me an automatic include :)

While we honor your martyrdom' date=' details please.

I'm heading out of town this weekend I like the idea though I'll be sure to apply when I get back.

I'll be messing around with the squad.xml stuff today' date=' Publik. I'll do up a mock image, etc. that we can use as a sample until a more permanent image is selected.

[/quote']

Good idea. Be sure to keep the file in just PM's for now, to be distributed to members individually (it wouldn't do for RandomBandit666 to just download it off of this thread).

Agreed!

steam: MUTT

TS3: will be first time using ts3 so "MUTT" if its not taken.

In-game name:MUTT

Forum name: survivor420

Timezone: PST

Organization, Mercenary, Gatherer, Guard <--- up for any of these roles.