timedance

crafting in patch 1.8

Hello :)

can someone post here all crafting recipes, which can be done in 1.8 ?

thanks + greez

Nope.

Why don't you open the cook book and look for yourself.

haha you are funny... > :(

the reason because I want this to know is, I want to know what is finally possible in the mod...

So, can I finally cook meals? in pan or etc?

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Well, the last time I looked in my Journal the recipes were clearly marked.

Now unless this has been removed in the hours before release of 1.8 you should be able to do likewise.

Correct me if I'm incorrect.

• Like 1

Now unless this has been removed in the hours before release of 1.8 you should be able to do likewise.

You sir are correct, TimeDance, You can only craft like trip wires, Beartrap things.. Some new medical stuff..

so, thank you all for info :)

it would be too nice, if we can cook some in our pans :(

but crafting traps is better than nothing...

So i can lay down some bear traps to my stash :D

The "Journal", do you mean the "Diary" key?  I've been collecting all sorts of junk but no recipes found with the "Journal" key.  Also, does the game detect what you have in your backpack, or do you have to transfer it into your inventory?

• Like 1

Oh the Journal - fuck!

but wasnt "you have to find out the more recipes" written somewhere which means there are more than those quite useless junk recipes listed in your journal?

Edited by plevel
  • Like 1

Yeah about that i'm trying for hours now to get in the crafting menu and I can't. Can someone help me out with that? don't say it's the "J" key beacuse thats not working :(

Edited by Baz88

i fount the solution:

it isnt set up by default.
go to your controls in options..
change the drop down to custom controls.
select use action #20 and set up a key for it.
I use the insert button 
  • Like 1

Yeah about that i'm trying for hours now to get in the crafting menu and I can't. Can someone help me out with that? don't say it's the "J" key beacuse thats not working :(

you can get to crafting from your journal which you have to set a hotkey for via the guide from Baz88 above my post

What is the process for crafting an item.  My friend says that he has all the bits needed for making the baseball bat with barbwire for example, but when he puts it all in the crafting window nothing happens.  He's tried everything, so I'm just wondering if there's a specific procedure, i.e put items in slot A, click this button, and so on.... 

The "Journal", do you mean the "Diary" key?  I've been collecting all sorts of junk but no recipes found with the "Journal" key.  Also, does the game detect what you have in your backpack, or do you have to transfer it into your inventory?

Options > Controls > Custom > Option 20

Use that to access the journal, and there should be a little 'Crafting' button underneath the actual journal.

Everything you can craft at the moment is listed in the journal after you press the "Craft" button, located at the bottom.  Once you have all the items you need, you go into the craft menu and use the arrows next to the items to move them into the crafting grid.  It doesn't matter what order you do it in.  Press the craft button and it should work.  The items do have to be in your main inventory in order to craft with them.

And, yes, the Journal is under "User Action 20" in the custom control options - bind that to any key.

I still haven't managed to craft anything not charted in the journal :(

I have to admit I feel a bit annoyed with picking random junk, then having some ideas of what I might be able to make and become more selective about what I harvest. 

However, there is this part where as far as I understand (and appreciate) that we shouldn't really have something in the interface to hold our hand to let us know what to do next in order to be able create something.  Maybe some progressive hints depending on what items you put into the craft tabs to say "with a brick, I could do xyz or abc" and that's it.  From there on you would at least have a hint of what is implemented in 1.8 to craft something uncharted.

It also occured to me if we could - but I doubt the engine could do this - have some kind of more involved, interacting crafting concept.  Let's say for example, making the mouse movements to ravel strings onto a brick, planting some nails into it.  It isn't a coded recipe that is created via the crafting journal by placing the items and clicking "craft", it is just some items that have been interactively put together. 

What would I do with it?  Maybe I could throw it and drag it back to me.  (noise and herding zeds)  Maybe I could attach it to someone or place it over a door so that it falls when someone opens the door.  In a nutshell just being able to create things that do not really have a preset role but mixing their ingame physics together.  From there, I have to make a use for it somehow.  Unfortunately I do not think it is possible to implement this in the current engine, but it feels to me it would be a lot more intuitive.  It still doesn't mean all crafting would act this way; there could be some specific combinations that would make something in particular, of course.  But anyways.

That's my main issue at the moment, where when I, the player, think I have the right items to combine things together to create something, there is absolutely no hinting if what I'm doing is wrong, not enough, too much or almost there.

I also think that it might be a decent decision to add a separate inventory slot (let's say a pouch? stuff like that) for *some* junk items - not all of them.  Because quite frankly if I want to wipe my face off a zombie beating with the newly added "wipes", given the current recipe it...
1)  Takes 6 inventory slots once you have all the items necessary to create one.

2)  Harvesting what is required can be considered way too risky overtime given the different places you have to go find what is needed

3)  It is also, much easier to just find premade Wipes anyway.

4)  Similar to reason #3, anything I might want to craft will be found already and the current inventory simply gets invaded by junk harvesting and ends up taking too much space.  Might as well find right off the bat what you need instead of trying to reach it through crafting.

5)  Trying to find out reasonable ideas of crafting things that already exist in the game, say arrows for example, you just don't know what exactly is needed and there is, as mentioned before, no hint - I insist on the word hint, because I think that would be fair.  A complete "you need this, these and that to make xyz" would be holding the player's hand.  Second, what is right now as of 1.8 craftable?  I don't know.  I guess looking in the code to find out would do it but I don't want to do that :(

Edited by Kraorr
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks duct/gaffa/rape tape should be in the crafting table? It fixes everything! And as the old saying goes;"Nothing shows poor workmanship than wrinkles in the duct tape!"

Am I the only one that thinks duct/gaffa/rape tape should be in the crafting table? It fixes everything! And as the old saying goes;"Nothing shows poor workmanship than wrinkles in the duct tape!"

better saying goes "if a duct tape couldnt fix it, you didnt use enough of it!"

Another crafting related question: Where the heck can I find strings, duct tape and comfrey leaves???

Another crafting related question: Where the heck can I find strings, duct tape and comfrey leaves???

Ok duct tape and string obviously spawn in civilian, found some. Still no luck with comfrey leaves.

Also: Anyone found use for electronic scrap and floppy wires yet? Maybe we can build our own GPSs or NVs

Edited by 31R0Y

O

k duct tape and string obviously spawn in civilian, found some. Still no luck with comfrey leaves.

Also: Anyone found use for electronic scrap and floppy wires yet? Maybe we can build our own GPSs or NVs

Comfrey leaves spawn randomly in the wild, pretty hard to spot though.

Comfrey leaves spawn randomly in the wild, pretty hard to spot though.

ok so they are just normal loot and if I find them I get the "loot" cursor?

Thx. So I can stop running up to random plants right clicking anything in the toolbelt that could be used for harvesting them.

well i find strings and duct tape all around.. supermarkets, residentals, office buildings, workshops.. but havent seen any herbs so far

Ok duct tape and string obviously spawn in civilian, found some. Still no luck with comfrey leaves.

I've stumbled upon electronic scrap only once in one small industrial building and a few times floppy wires either in civ buildings (the orangish houses) and in industrial buildings.

Comfrey Leaves:  didn't find any - don't even know how the freck they look like.

Killed chickens in hopes of finding Feathers  -  none found yet.

Edited by Kraorr