r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

Sorry, but I find it kinda dumb they still have to wait for Dean's approval.  With the release of the SA, he should have given up any authority over the mod and handed it off to others.  1.8.1 has been ready for 5+ months now.... it's absurd that it hasn't been released yet.

I'll eventually switch over to SA, but not until there's vehicles.  And the rate they're going, that'll be 2016

• Like 2

Sorry, but I find it kinda dumb they still have to wait for Dean's approval.  With the release of the SA, he should have given up any authority over the mod and handed it off to others.  1.8.1 has been ready for 5+ months now.... it's absurd that it hasn't been released yet.

I'll eventually switch over to SA, but not until there's vehicles.  And the rate they're going, that'll be 2016

2016 seems to be an exaggeration, but other than that I completely agree.  My squad is really bummed now because the population on US3480 is going down but SA just isn't fun yet for us.  We fully appreciate and understand the *potential* of SA, but in it's current state it's just a zombieless sandbox game with people derping around making "funny" videos of taking their pants off, pointing at things, and handcuffing people.  No motivation to go North, no real presence of squad play, and no populated night time servers.  Couple that with the complete lack of vehicles (which tends to be a primary objective in DayZ) and you just have people wandering around coastal towns trying to take funny pictures and post them on Reddit.

For us, the mod is still where it's at.  We hope to see the update go live.  =\

well, its a bit off topic, but:

does anybody know why the

Mod Announcements & Info

forum is locked?

watching this for almost 4 weeks now. already sent some pm's to three (!) different admins, but did not get any response! is this on purpose?

still like the mod! did not even get hold of the sa for reasons already posted from some others. just want to know whats going on here ...

Edited by fgw

Its in development until we get word we can do a release.

If you cant wait i would suggest moving onto some of the other mods of dayz they have much more freedom then we do. 

• Like 1

Its in development until we get word we can do a release.

If you cant wait i would suggest moving onto some of the other mods of dayz they have much more freedom then we do. 

R4Z0R49, you got me wrong!

i like the mod and will be happy as you add new features or fixes. running my own private server with some modded script here and there. but base is the standard mod as you release it.

was just wondering whats going on with the "Mod Announcements & Info" forum and why its locked. there was a change to the permission system and since than this single forum is unusable where all other forums are available for posting!

R4Z0R49, you got me wrong!

i like the mod and will be happy as you add new features or fixes. running my own private server with some modded script here and there. but base is the standard mod as you release it.

was just wondering whats going on with the "Mod Announcements & Info" forum and why its locked. there was a change to the permission system and since than this single forum is unusable where all other forums are available for posting!

I don't think it was ever open to be posted in. Why would you have an announcement anyway? Only mods / staff have them and if it's of any worth for the community an existing thread will be moved there.

Should be fixed now, just PM one of us on the forum team (ideally me) next time as it was just by chance that I read this topic and saw your post.

So, I'm new to the mod, have played Standalone a bit. I find that the zombies in this version are very prolific and they seem to spawn right around you. Seems like it would be easier to not spend half my time running from them if the spawn rate were slightly reduced, or more spread out. I can't even sneak past them without one spotting me, and the chase is on...

So, I'm new to the mod, have played Standalone a bit. I find that the zombies in this version are very prolific and they seem to spawn right around you. Seems like it would be easier to not spend half my time running from them if the spawn rate were slightly reduced, or more spread out. I can't even sneak past them without one spotting me, and the chase is on...

Welcome to the Mod.  The zombie system in SA right now is temporary and far from complete.  The absolute lack of zombies in SA is one of the biggest drawbacks to playing it during it's current state in alpha.  Ultimately, there will be many, many more zombies in DayZ SA once they complete them.  The amount of zeds in the mod is intentional.  They are supposed to be a constant threat anytime you are in a populated area (towns/cities) and an occasional threat in the wild.  You can sneak past them, but you have to be very stealthy to do it.  Walk on grass, not hard surfaces.  Crouch or go prone.  Slow walk with the shift key.  Stay behind them so they don't see you.  Inevitably you'll aggro zombies (especially in big cities), so you have to become skilled at killing them with melee weapons and evading them by losing line of sight or going through building interiors.  Here, this video should help:

• Like 4

This is one of the many reasons why I find the mod far more enjoyable than SA.

Where you see a flaw I see a redeeming feature that adds to my enjoyment of the game. And as a friendly, not condescending note, you CAN sneak past them- it's simply difficult and requires experience and / or internet research

• Like 2

Yeah, now that I've played it a bit the current system actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks guys.

Where can I see the achievements in game and how to unlock them?

You can't yet, but we're working on it.

• Like 1

You can't yet, but we're working on it.

Thanks a lot, and I have another question...how does the blood test kit work? still can't understand it lol

Thanks a lot, and I have another question...how does the blood test kit work? still can't understand it lol

After using it from your inventory (rightclick) you will get a UI. In there use the water on the righthand side and drop the water on all four circles in the middle. Then do the same with the blood from the left hand side. The water on the right you only have to click once and you can fill all of the circles with it, the blood you have to click everytime you filled a circle with it.

After it's done it will change shapes / colors and you can use the sheet on the back / top to compare it with the sheet to figure out your bloodtype.

Edited by kichilron

After using it from your inventory (rightclick) you will get a UI. In there use the water on the righthand side and drop the water on all four circles in the middle. Then do the same with the blood from the left hand side. The water on the right you only have to click once and you can fill all of the circles with it, the blood you have to click everytime you filled a circle with it.

After it's done it will change shapes / colors and you can use the sheet on the back / top to compare it with the sheet to figure out your bloodtype.

I did and I get the same pattern than in the back sheet, but I don't know what that means

If you find a matching pattern you will see your bloodtype in the left.

Don't know about previous versions so can't comment on change, only compare to SA(alpha). I think it is great to play, much more challenging and realistic. What did bug me a lot in the beginning was the backpack system. I can only look at what's inside when I'm hovering over an item. transferring from one backpack to another is also difficult / confusing. In the SA it works much smoother. On one side I think looking trough a backpack / moving stuff in SA opposed to 'IRL' is not very true. Maybe there should be more time involved in getting stuff in/out, more handling around etc. But at least I would appreciate a clearer way to see:

- What am I carrying

- How to change it into a backpack I want to grab from the ground

- How to move it to the inventory

I kinda have the hang of it now but needed a lot of help from other members and internet posts I read.

Sadly there's nothing we can do about the inventory system in the mod, as it's limited to whatever the ARMA 2 engine dictates us.

The easiest way to transfer stuff from your old backpack to a new one on the ground is to follow these steps:

1. "Open Backpack" <- the one that's on the ground
  2. Open your backpack from the now open gearmenu
  3. Transfer your stuff from your backpcak into the new one.
  4. Close Gearmenu
  5. Pick up Backpack from Ground.

Thanks for the reply, that does seem to work ok.

On another note, the hunger for food seems kinda disproportionate to real life. In three hours, starting fully fed I consumed 2 cans of stew, 1 can of beans, 1 cooked bacon and milk (and 2 soda's).. and eventually started losing blood due to hunger. That seems kind of unreal? Especially considering a adult can survive without food (entirely) for 2-3 weeks. 

Also, if your food icon is full, is it useful to eat more? As in, storing it like energy? It works for SA.

Edited by Fulcrum

Yes and no needs work for sure. But then again i dont know many ppl with can run 125km in less then 30/40mins do you

• Like 1

So eating beyond 'full' IS useful? That's good, perhaps that will keep the hunger away. Obviously the game makes up "lost" reality benefits with other benefits, like eating within 2 seconds that can of stew.

Not sure if it's possible, but is it an option to slow down the calorie-release after ingesting food by altering a few numbers?

Fantastic job guys

Back to crawling around to find loot and avoiding Zeds. New blood bag system is great.

450 Zed kills so far and living the dream.

Edited by Caluis

Don't know about previous versions so can't comment on change, only compare to SA(alpha). I think it is great to play, much more challenging and realistic. What did bug me a lot in the beginning was the backpack system. I can only look at what's inside when I'm hovering over an item. transferring from one backpack to another is also difficult / confusing. In the SA it works much smoother. On one side I think looking trough a backpack / moving stuff in SA opposed to 'IRL' is not very true. Maybe there should be more time involved in getting stuff in/out, more handling around etc. But at least I would appreciate a clearer way to see:

- What am I carrying

- How to change it into a backpack I want to grab from the ground

- How to move it to the inventory

I kinda have the hang of it now but needed a lot of help from other members and internet posts I read.

yeah compared to sa it can take a little getting used to I remember when I first started used to take me forever to loot something put it in my pack etc. now I can loot an entire building in minutes sometimes less you'll get to be like that too just takes time. glad to see some SA players trying out the mod hopefully give you guys an Idea of what its like to drive around build camps etc. goodluck and have fun sir.

I'm having an issue with constant exhaustion. I run 10 steps and boom, breathing heavily and gun sway is max 100%. It's a bit unplayable, not sure how to fix it.