r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 Feedback

Any feedback you would like to add drop in here. Keep all posts on topic no bashing others for their opinions.

• Like 1

Zed damage lowered, chance of bleeding lowered, and reduced weapon noise to cause agro...

Fuckin' easymode!  Nuff said.

• Like 1

compass is big, but numbers on it are still small, can numbers be a little more biger ?

Zed damage lowered, chance of bleeding lowered, and reduced weapon noise to cause agro...

I guess your taking about the rolling change log that isn't 1.8. in fact im not even sure what your talking about.

• Like 6

Here you go Mr President:  http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148010-dayz-mod-18-update/

That's the actual patch that requires the feedback, preferably after you've tried it.  I think you looked at the rolling change-log...

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

R4Z0R49, i like the old school dayz, when if you're in prone, zombies don't see you, if you're crouching, zombies don't see you, can you do it again? Like old school? Zombies right now see you in 1km of distance... (Sorry for bad english, i'm Brazilian)

Edited by Logan Winchester

R4Z0R49, i like the old school dayz, when if you're in prone, zombies don't see you, if you're crouching, zombies don't see you, can you do it again? Like old school? Zombies right now see you in 1km of distance...

This is a load of rubbish. Crouching and prone have always had the same effects as for seeing over 1km again rubbish. Outside of 200 meters the zeds do not exist to you.

But thanks for the feedback :-)

• Like 2

This is a load of rubbish. Crouching and prone have always had the same effects as for seeing over 1km again rubbish. Outside of 200 meters the zeds do not exist to you.

But thanks for the feedback :-)

I'm not saying that, i'm saying the old school, like 1.6, when zombies don't see you if you're proning... They walk on your front and don't see you, this is i'm talking about!

Yeah I would like to see tougher zombies. Literally the only aspect to a zombie survival game and the zombies are wimps. This coupled with the 50% reduc on noise aggro for weapon fire makes me think we may as well just play Insurgency. Not had an actual chance to check out the patch ingame yet so obviously this is all conjecture but I have to agree that the zeds are pretty pointless these days.

I'm not saying that, i'm saying the old school, like 1.6, when zombies don't see you if you're proning... They walk on your front and don't see you, this is i'm talking about!

Uhh... Doesn't seem very realistic.

Enjoying it alot, made my recent experiences in days more enjoyable, like the health and damage tweaks and overall great job!

• Like 1

Yeah I would like to see tougher zombies. Literally the only aspect to a zombie survival game and the zombies are wimps. This coupled with the 50% reduc on noise aggro for weapon fire makes me think we may as well just play Insurgency. Not had an actual chance to check out the patch ingame yet so obviously this is all conjecture but I have to agree that the zeds are pretty pointless these days.

Hes taking about the new 1.8.* patch we started doing changes to. He is not talking about the current patch.

Hes taking about the new 1.8.* patch we started doing changes to. He is not talking about the current patch.

Oh OK my apologies.

Oh OK my apologies.

The rolling change log is what we are doing. It does not mean 100% it will be added we are just trying to give everyone an idea whats happening as we go along so feedback can come in. 

• Like 1

I am seeing higher than normal server CPU load, R4Z0R49 - do you mind sharing the following recommended arma2.cfg for public hive (if you are aware of optimized parameters):

MaxMsgSend=;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=;
MinErrorToSendNear=;
MinErrorToSend=;

Any help greatly appreciated.

As for the client-side patch. The new inventory look is nice, once you get used to it. Zombies are no longer dancing in circles - yay! Loot spawning is much better. Thanks! 
Edited by Gand

I am seeing higher than normal server CPU load, R4Z0R49 - do you mind sharing the following recommended arma2.cfg for public hive (if you are aware of optimized parameters):

MaxMsgSend=;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=;
MinErrorToSendNear=;
MinErrorToSend=;

Any help greatly appreciated.

As for the client-side patch. The new inventory look is nice, once you get used to it. Zombies are no longer dancing in circles - yay! Loot spawning is much better. Thanks! 

These settings depend more on your connections sustainable bandwidth than anything. They will vary server to server tweaking these settings won't necessarily improve CPU performance, assuming your cpu is even doing the processing of the network intensive tasks; most servers have NICs which will do just about all network processing before packets hit the cpu, unless there is so much traffic that the NIC is offloading work onto your CPU. In any case the most these settings will do is reduce desync. 

Well, this was the patch I have been waiting. Good job this time. Loot system is normal again, inventory screen is the most awesome thing I have ever seen. My biggest problem was there were no loots at all, just trash loot and no food, no car parts around the lootable places, but I see it fixed. +1 for you guys....

Quick Feedback (a couple of hours of gameplay) compared to 1.7.7.1:

1. Zombies move less erratically -not many crazy changes of direction- however this seems to make them easier to avoid when they are converging on you. After they have been alerted, they keep sprinting in some random direction for a few seconds and then they alter their path

2. No more sudden "whacks" insta-hit from nearby Zombies as in the past. Is this maybe related to 1.?

3. In potentially risky situation Zombies seem easier to fool (e.g. in a barn: usual trick to climb half the stair, let them begin to climb and then jump sideways), Again, related to 1. ?

3. Haven't spent enough time inside buildings to get hit through walls, so I can't comment on that

4. Noticeably more food available pretty much everywhere, in 20 minutes I had more cans and drinks I could carry (note: I was in the country-side of a 30/50 server, no big towns touched so far)

5. Kudos to the hatchet swap system, finally a big pain in the ass of dayZ is gone

6. [off-topic] are players friendlier with 1.8? I saw one guy in a field running with an hatchet and I observed him for a good 5 seconds before he noted me (I had a rifle but I wasn't aiming): then he saw me and froze: I said "Friendly" on Direct Chat and they guy went away without trying to attack... A miracle of the first order!

All in all the Zombies appears to me a bit easier (not saying it is either good or bad) to avoid at close range. Long-range detection I can't judge, not having spent enough time.

Better than before  :) New Infection system I have yet to experiment...

_Anubis_

• Like 1

I would like to see Soldiers Clothing re-added into the game. That was BA.

6. [off-topic] are players friendlier with 1.8? I saw one guy in a field running with an hatchet and I observed him for a good 5 seconds before he noted me (I had a rifle but I wasn't aiming): then he saw me and froze: I said "Friendly" on Direct Chat and they guy went away without trying to attack... A miracle of the first order!

_Anubis_

Not from my experience. I had spawned in Cap Galova, and within 10 minutes I had got into Elektro, got an M1911, a Winchwester with 4 mags, an Alice pack, a map, a watch, a hunting knife and LOTS of food and drink. I made my way up to the Power station Firehouse and saw 2 people being chased by 12-15 zombies, one had no gun the other had an M4. So I said in voice chat "I'm shooting the zombies, not you!" Shot 7 of the zombies and most of the rest gave up and walked off. After saving them I started running off and the guy with the M4 opened up on me firing 15 bullets. I know they understood English because I chewed him out and he said sorry.

I've noticed you can't transfer melee weapons from your belt straight to your carry slot, just says you don't have the room in the inventory. So I dropped the axe by accident whilst trying to make room and the axe got stuck in the ground and became untargetable to pick it back up. Just a small thing I've noticed.

You should have been able to right click the weapon in your toolbelt and move to back

• Like 2

Hey, cool update! I love the new UI and extra sounds. Very nice!

For feedback, things like:

The 'jumping' animation is quite quirky at the moment - it's a step in the right direction though.

Is it normal for FN FAL magazine to be spawning in industrial and residential areas? Quite common.

Also there's too much food spawning. There's a loooot of it.

These settings depend more on your connections sustainable bandwidth than anything. They will vary server to server tweaking these settings won't necessarily improve CPU performance, assuming your cpu is even doing the processing of the network intensive tasks; most servers have NICs which will do just about all network processing before packets hit the cpu, unless there is so much traffic that the NIC is offloading work onto your CPU. In any case the most these settings will do is reduce desync. 

I understand, but the parameters do make a difference in CPU usage. The server side FPS determines how smoothly the simulation runs to the clients, and the default MaxMsgSend and MaxSizeGuaranteed are not necessarily optimal. I was just asking for some semi-official recommendations, since there is a lot of possibilities and no "official" input on the matter.

These new icons. They look bad. Not just bad, terrible. I understand the aesthetic purpose but honestly it just looks like a 5 year old drew on my monitor. Not to mention the fading icons makes it harder to get the information I want from those gauges. The crayon look just doesn't fit, at all. I can't be alone in thinking it makes the HUD feel childish. If you insist on keeping these eyesores could you at least add an option for it to have a more mature look? Otherwise I'm enjoying the new patch immensely.

• Like 4

These new icons. They look bad. Not just bad, terrible. I understand the aesthetic purpose but honestly it just looks like a 5 year old drew on my monitor. Not to mention the fading icons makes it harder to get the information I want from those gauges. The crayon look just doesn't fit, at all. I can't be alone in thinking it makes the HUD feel childish. If you insist on keeping these eyesores could you at least add an option for it to have a more mature look? Otherwise I'm enjoying the new patch immensely.

I agree, but I wouldn't say it's childish, more cartoony. I personally don't mind the fade in the sound and sight icons. Though I'd perfer - if it were possible to do - something like Skyrim where the eye is shut if you are of low visability and is open if you are easily seen. Something like that anyway.