r4z0r49

DayZ 1.8 .Dev Bug List

Keep all posts on topic of bugs.

1:\ Server side date is fixed to one day. (this is an error from the test builds.) - Server admins can correct. _date1 = [2013,8,3,_hour,_minute]; 

2:\ The SVD_CAMO,SVD_DZ & SVD_CAMO_DZ are all non-functional.

3:\ Action menu/UI delay's

• Like 1

In case you are not super familiar with the code base (like me) here is how you fix the server time to read from HiveExt.ini. Note that the date will still be set to local date but time will read correctly from ini.

1) Unpack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

2) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf by changing lines 37-39 and 42 to reference _date instead of _date1

setDate _date;
        dayzSetDate = _date;
        dayz_storeTimeDate = _date;

diag_log ("HIVE: Local Time set to " + str(_date));

3) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm by changing lines 328,329, and 331 to reference _date instead of _date1
        " setDate _date;" \n
        " dayzSetDate = _date;" \n

" diag_log (""TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "" + str(_date));" \n

4) Repack @Hive\Addons\dayz_server directory to @Hive\Addons\dayz_server.pbo

If you don't have tools to manage PBO you can use PBO Manager from here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Thanks to R4Z0R49 for patiently answering all my stupid questions. :)

Edited by Kerbo
  • Like 7

I'm getting an error in my RPT log.

9:04:06 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_publishBuilding.sqf not found

9:04:06 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_heliCrash_dzn.sqf not found

9:04:06 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_medical_ckg_dzn.sqf not found

I have verified that the files are not present in any available server builds.  Including the one listed here, the one from Pwnoz0r and also Bliss.  Are these really needed?  If so, where can we get them?

I have also noticed that when you try to repair a vehicle, the entire vehicle gets repaired automatically without having to go through the repair animation and without using any parts from your inventory.

When bandaging, you cannot abort the operation and move around.  Your are frozen until it is done.  If you happen to be getting attacked when bandaging this results in almost certain death.

I managed to dupe a baseball bat yesterday though I'm not sure how I did it. I was trying to pick a machete up at the time and the UI was laggy. I had an Ak74 too so both those slots were filled. When I had finished I had the machete and AK in my inv, i closed the inv and on the floor were two BB's.

and for my next trick,....

3) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.fsm by changing lines 328,329, and 331 to reference _date instead of _date1

" setDate _date;" \n
        " dayzSetDate = _date;" \n

" diag_log (""TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "" + str(_date));" \n

I don't have these lines in my server_monitor.fsm.  Instead, 328 is blank, 329 is "//sleep 0.01;" and 331 is "};"

I must apologize if this has been discussed somewhere already but what were the working intentions of the "Holding VS Carry" slots?

As it is right now I cannot force my rifle to go to my "carry" spot unless I am replacing it with a melee item off my toolbelt such as a hatchet or crowbar.  If I try and pickup a second main gun it doesnt allow one to be put on the carry spot.

However if I put my hatchet in my carrying spot it will then let me swap my rifle and my hatchet at any time.  At this point I can also drop my hatchet on the ground and pick up a second gun, then swap guns between carrying and holding.

It seems as if the way this was designed it was only supposed to work with melee weapons? But if your intention was to be able to have 2 main hand weapons on you at all times it doesnt seem to be working.

Hope this sorta makes sense.  And again sorry if this has already been addressed just curious what the working intention was supposed to be.

In previous patches you would have to pick up melee weapon and put it in your tool belt ...and then remove it from tool belt to use it...but with this new "carry" you can put the melee weapon in that "carry" slot and press the quick switch buttons (1..2..3) to cycle between primary weapon...secondary weapon and melee weapon. From my understanding its only suppose to be used for that reason.

Edited by Massicor

It seems as if the way this was designed it was only supposed to work with melee weapons? 

Correct. | Melee | Main Gun | Pistol | are the three options. Read the release notes.

I think a patch is in order.  I do not believe it was intended for a player to be able to carry 2 primaries, but one can as you have described.

Yeh that sounds like a bug.

I mean I enjoy rolling with a saw and an acog m16 .. however will admit the thought crossed my mind... "this cant be right" lol

Hi,

I have a private hive on HFB server and i have enabled spawn selection in init.sqf

dayz_spawnselection = 1;

but doesn't work

i dont have screen for gender selection and spawn selection.

it's normal for private hive ?

thanks

Fix the bug where you can have 2 primary weapons on you. For example I got ak on me and hatchet in my carrying slot. Im switching to hatchet then ak goes to carrying and when i got hatchet in my hands i can pick up other gun by droping hatchet, then i got 2 primarys where i can switch between them with arrows on gear. (Hope you understand :))

In the menuscreen it does not show the usual scenes like arport and helisite instead it shows the ocean slightly below the water surface.

Edited by Herkon

I don't have these lines in my server_monitor.fsm.  Instead, 328 is blank, 329 is "//sleep 0.01;" and 331 is "};"

I think it was in server_cleanup.fsm.

The easiest way that I know of is to use Notepad++, and use the "Search" and "Find in Files" to have it search the entire dayz_server folder that you extracted for "_date1". It will give you all the results for all of the files at once.

Edited by joikd

3) Edit @Hive\Addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.fsm by changing lines 328,329, and 331 to reference _date instead of _date1

Kerbo - I figured out that you have the same file named twice in your directions.  The one in step 3 should be server_cleanup.fsm.

Not sure if this just me or others are having the same experience.  

I'm experiencing terrible lag issues, any action I do like building a tent or picking up a crowbar etc takes more than 30 seconds to complete.  I build tents, walk away and 2-3 minutes later my guy stops what he's doing and starts the build action (even though I placed the tent 2 minutes ago 300 meters away).  I've got another player who doesn't have a great internet connection either and he's having the same issues.  Along with zeds not attacking us.  

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  I've gone back to playing 1.7.7.1 without any issues, but the minute I connect to my 1.8 server things just get laggy and buggy as hell... Thanks in advance for your support btw. 

My internet isn't great and I can't do anything about it in the area that I live, I'm also on a low end PC due to financial limitations.  I say that so nobody comes back with "buy a better PC" or "get a faster internet connection".  All my other games work great and like I said 1.7 still works fine otherwise!

One incident happened after drink was flashing, I drank a can of coke and then the drink bar was blank.  I had to log out and log back in to restore.

Not sure if this just me or others are having the same experience.  

I'm experiencing terrible lag issues, any action I do like building a tent or picking up a crowbar etc takes more than 30 seconds to complete.  I build tents, walk away and 2-3 minutes later my guy stops what he's doing and starts the build action (even though I placed the tent 2 minutes ago 300 meters away).  I've got another player who doesn't have a great internet connection either and he's having the same issues.  Along with zeds not attacking us.  

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  I've gone back to playing 1.7.7.1 without any issues, but the minute I connect to my 1.8 server things just get laggy and buggy as hell... Thanks in advance for your support btw. 

My internet isn't great and I can't do anything about it in the area that I live, I'm also on a low end PC due to financial limitations.  I say that so nobody comes back with "buy a better PC" or "get a faster internet connection".  All my other games work great and like I said 1.7 still works fine otherwise!

This sounds like a server side lag problem. The loot spawns are much more consistent now, but this also means the server is keeping track of way more objects when its running its logic loop = more CPU usage on the server. I suspect a lot of servers are not handling the greater amount of loot very well and hence the lag. My only suggestion would probably be to try a server that has a consistent 4-6 hour restart schedule.

This sounds like a server side lag problem. The loot spawns are much more consistent now, but this also means the server is keeping track of way more objects when its running its logic loop = more CPU usage on the server. I suspect a lot of servers are not handling the greater amount of loot very well and hence the lag. My only suggestion would probably be to try a server that has a consistent 4-6 hour restart schedule.

I set up my battleye scripts with the 2"" setting as per the instructions given by Gotcha Antihack rcon tool (for anyone that doesn't know, it basically sends all the serverside messages that normally get logged in your report files to the rcon screen).  I've removed those settings for now and zeds are at least attacking me, can't say for sure about the lag issues but then that might just be because the server is almost full.  Thanks for the quick response btw.  

I can tell you from experience that you don't want to use gotcha for logging. I had the same problem with trying to get the logs showing in gotcha. Server became unplayable. I moved off gotcha and went to BEC.

That was a copy and paste mistake, now fixed in my post. The file to edit is server_cleanup.fsm.

I mean I enjoy rolling with a saw and an acog m16 .. however will admit the thought crossed my mind... "this cant be right" lol

Yeah, it's a known issue... I don't think r4z0r felt it was enough to hold back releasing.  You also risk losing one of those weapons.  I happened to do this once and then suddenly my G36C SD went bye-bye.  I was bummed, considering how rare that bad boy is.  So, carry two primary rifles at your own risk. :)