Companion

DayZ 'Grave Yards'

At allot of apocalyptic scenes there are so called 'Grave Yards' like a traffic jam were lots of people died due warfare or zombie virus outbreaks due some one is already infected? This would be a nice asset to the DayZ Standalone or the current DayZ. These graveyards could be goldmine for scavengers, survivalists and bandits since it is a soup for bad or good experiences that could help or destroy people on a single place.

These graveyards are used in many series like 'The Walking Dead' or various of movies, this can be seen as a simple traffic jam or a simple farm, shopping mall or even some local market. Further I do understand that people could be against it and should be seen as a suggestion and not an actual implementation. This suggestion might be posted already but not found in my search queries on the forums.

• Like 7

Actually a nice idea, i know there is a grave model in arma, multiple in fact with the addition of crosses.

You could potentially (seen as in the next patch there adding a spade/shovel) have a self action on a grave that allows you to dig it up or whatever? basically check it for loot, after a specific animation timer is met it spawns loot on the grave. Thats if you wanted to give the graves some actual functionality, or am i straying away from what you are getting at?

• Like 1

Actually a nice idea, i know there is a grave model in arma, multiple in fact with the addition of crosses.

You could potentially (seen as in the next patch there adding a spade/shovel) have a self action on a grave that allows you to dig it up or whatever? basically check it for loot, after a specific animation timer is met it spawns loot on the grave. Thats if you wanted to give the graves some actual functionality, or am i straying away from what you are getting at?

Actually a 'Zombie Grave Yard' is a place were many people died and became zombies and 'stick around' solo or a horde.

For example:

Apocalypse has breached and every one wants to go north for saving their own guts and they get in a traffic jam, one man is sick in a car and dies and turns into a zombie and infects all other people and now the zombies are lost and boundless wandering around for a peace of meat/brain. Because people have died they left tons of food and plausible weapons around that can be used for scavengers or survivors and as a bandit... you know what to do ;)

I want to picture it like this 

HKURxcg.jpg

You sir have my beans :D

Edited by Companion

Hmmmm, I like it, I like it a lot.

But the whole outbreak is a infection, not some spiritual successor, so I doubt it would work.

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus

So it would be like the highway scene from the Walking Dead.  That would be cool.  I could see it possibly being a major player area considering how much stuff would be there.

This is a great idea.. but i think he means.. A place that got infected VERY quickly, leaving all sorts of unused supplys as people were killed almost instantly.

very nice idea. maybe these graveyards could work like the heli crashes: with server restart they could change their spawn position. would keep the players guessing and would add new random hotspots on the map.

• Like 1

That is exactly what I have meant with the entire topic. There are lots of beneficial things with it for PVP and PVE and grief/trolling purposes. Back when I had a private hive I made them my self which was a huge benefit for my server AND every one loved doing it and woke up early (Some times 3 AM) just for the 'Grave Yard'.

very nice idea. maybe these graveyards could work like the heli crashes: with server restart they could change their spawn position. would keep the players guessing and would add new random hotspots on the map.

I'm not sure how heli crashes will work or if servers will even need to be restarted in the standalone.

I'm not too keen on the masses of dead people idea in the OP, but I would like to see some heli crash alternatives... Maybe crashed ambulances with med supplies, crashed police cars with weapons/radios/etc.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how heli crashes will work or if servers will even need to be restarted in the standalone.

I'm not too keen on the masses of dead people idea in the OP, but I would like to see some heli crash alternatives... Maybe crashed ambulances with med supplies, crashed police cars with weapons/radios/etc.

It could be implemented on various of ways, such as just 4 or 5 vehicles with limited loot or 10 to 20 with some what 'more' loot and more zombies passing trough. Could include police cars or ambulances or what ever as a big bonus or what ever but this simply will cause wars between survivors and stir up the 'soup' of the game and make people fight for their worth how then ever. There are so many ways to implement it and there could be copyright issue's or what ever with this since its used in many scenes of movies, series or games.

From my experience with standard 6 to 8 cars and average loot:

• People started gathering materials for wars,
  • People became strategic and tactical for conquering the loot,
  • Some times it even included wars/pvp for more then 5 hours straight,
  • People started negotiating each others and group up just for loots,
  • When spawn/event stuff is known it will be a bloodshed most of the times,
  • People get up early ;)

What about a crash site like the heli sites, but tis a bus. Story is that people were trying to get out of town but did not realize that one of them was infected already. Crash site would spawn along side the main roads (since heli sites spawn in fields).

I like the ambulance idea also, another site that would spawn near roads. 

What about a crash site like the heli sites, but tis a bus. Story is that people were trying to get out of town but did not realize that one of them was infected already. Crash site would spawn along side the main roads (since heli sites spawn in fields).

I like the ambulance idea also, another site that would spawn near roads. 

Ambulances, Police Cars, Militairy Trucks, Repair Vehicles, Domino Pizza Mopets its all in the mix!

I would love to see a long section of road be riddled with bumper to bumper traffic. There could be a high rate of survival gear/food/drink, etc. It would be awesome to see loot in the trunks of cars, and on the ground around it. There could also be a high zombie count there, and not to mention a great place to set an ambush.

SG1 FTW!

This is an awesome idea (rocket, get over here and read) would love to come across one of these while crossing a highway or somefin'!

Edited by creeperbane

Dont knock the SG1, or ill find you in game and kill you!

targate is the worst Sci-fi out there. Classic TrekkerZ unite!

Guys lets remain on topic here...

I agree with Companion. 

• Like 1

I'm all for graveyards, traffic jams (lots of tiny bits of loot like a handful of 9mm rounds or some trail mix), overturned food trucks (where groups decided how to move crates), ambulances (another place for antibiotics) and crashed vehicles from foreign Media (lore items) and Military (decent guns w/ just a bit of ammo) who have come to investigate. 

DS9 for the win. 

Edited by bibbish