Sign in to follow this  
Dexterr

Where can I safely land a helicopter so that no-one else can get it?

Like, people land on top of stores and stuff but I was wondering where would be a good place to land it please.

If you want everyone to hate you, you park it on top of a petrol station or another building inaccessible by foot.

There is nowhere 100% safe - it's DayZ.

• Like 9

on chernarus, I liked that mountain in the top north-west corner. It's pretty far away from everything. If you are not flying around in a helicopter yourself it's very unlikely that you will find it. But once you found it, you can get to it.

On top of buildings is only reachable by parachute or helicopter, but doesn't stop grievers to shoot or throw grenades.

We destroyed one once too. But it was standing on a petrolstation for more than a week, so we decided that whoever owns it lost his ownership due to abandonment. 

Doesn't matter anymore because when I landed a hacker tele'd over 10k to kill me. Fun times in DayZ.

even if someone said its a good place and stuff there is probably a bandit reading that comment and cheking that place so yea

If you're a good pilot try landing between lots of trees my friend did that and our chopper has survived and thrived through a lot :D

Careful when landing between trees. Sometimes the floor is slightly curved and will slidedown near the trees. Have this happening many times.

I wouldn't park on buildings unless u have hoarded all the helicopter/biplane. Some one can just use the parachute and jack your helicopter.

Best is just to find a nice spot near the border of the map.

Ask Inception* about landing choppers.

"landing".... in quotes.

Depends on how many people play on the server. If it's a low pop server you could probably get away with landing it anywhere out of the way, but if it's a high pop server there isn't really a 'safe' place, just a not safe and less not safe place. Fly it up north somewhere and look for a building in the middle of nowhere you can land it on. That way hopefully noone will find it, and if they do they wont be able to get to it and wont blow it up. If someone really wants to wreck your chopper though, they will :(

Try the top of the firestation in Elektra, the firestations roofs can't be accsessed on foot. B)

Just kidding, to be honest no where is 'safe', but a building like on top of the international hotel can not be accsessed on foot, although server hoppers can get up there. The borders near the debug can also be quite good for maybe 10 hours, depending on server population.

Edited by Dekkymane

I would suggest on the coast.

A mass battle will take place among the "fresh spawns" of the east and the "new spawns" of the west.

Lulz ensured

I'd suggest taking the helicopter and landing it somewhere in the south east.

No-one ever suspects the south-east...

OR the water, i've heard that place is pretty good.

I hear the best place to store a chopper is on the Oil Rigs, north-east of Taviana..?

hqdefault.jpg?feature=og