Hey all,

I've been a huge fan of DayZ, I've been playing it for months now. I've been working on a new Crosshair and HUD for the game for my own fun, and I thought I'd put it on here to get some opinions from people who play the game.

The idea is the two 'brackets' in the crosshair show the players visibility (left) and noise (right) levels. The crosshair its-self will adapt depending on what gun you're holding (eg. it will change to a dot if you have a red dot scope) and will change shape to show actions like opening/closing doors etc.

To try and keep the screen as free as possible, I've got a tabbed panel in the bottom right that will change depending on what they're doing.

I'll be putting more screenshots up in the next few days, and I'm working on the loot system.

Let me know what you think!

DayZ%20Interface-06.jpg

DayZ%20Interface-07.jpg

DayZ%20Interface-08.jpg

DayZ%20Interface-09.jpg

DayZ%20Interface-05.jpg

Edited by elektrobanks
  • Like 14

Sorry to bust ya bubble. But I think it looks horrible. I prefer the regular UI/HUD.

BeanZ for your efffort

Edited by King of kong

It's real nice man, you should talk to someone with the connections to dayz and see what they think.

I love it. But cant the navigation tab be used for cheating if you dont have a Map, GPS, Watch, or Compass?

Edited by GrandadAssasin

Looks neat,  i hate crosshairs but for crosshair players it is pretty cool :) 

Not a big fan of crosshairs but it's not bad.

I don't think it really fits DayZ though, it feels pretty.. technologically advanced.. might be pretty decent on something like Arma though.

wow man, looks awesome!

The noise-/visiblitymeter beside the crosshair is too annoying in the middle of the screen imo. A crosshair is more then enough in the middle of my screen! The interface reminds me a little bit of what i saw in the devision trailers.

I like it. It's simple and clean, and the brackets are easy to see at all times.

BUT. I'm not sure I'd be happy if the Standalone used that(or something similar). Looks a little too advanced for a worn-down zombie apocalypse environment.

But as a HUD/crosshair in general, I love it. And I'd love to have anything similar in some other FPS. (Planetside 2 kind of does the same, except the brackets are larger.)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Interesting,.

A lot of work has been done to improve the sight/sound (and all) indicators which will be included in the  1.7.8 build.

Not a + hair fan myself, which limits the possibilites of your project, imho.

Would you do a short vid please.

Seems a little high-tech.

It's the type of HUD that, in other games, is conveniently explained as a "power suit" with an HUD (Crysis, Halflife, etc...)

Your hearing and sight are unnecessary indicators. I don't really think the game needs a HUD.

Still, nice work.I applaud your skills!

Thanks for the great feedback. Please feel free to make suggestions, I'm sure most of you play a lot more than me so I want to make sure that my UI works for new players as well as pros.

I love it. But cant the navigation tab be used for cheating if you dont have a Map, GPS, Watch, or Compass?

The idea is that each element of the tab would appear as you find the items in the game. If you're on a veteran server, this tab might not appear at all.

Not a big fan of crosshairs but it's not bad.

I don't think it really fits DayZ though, it feels pretty.. technologically advanced.. might be pretty decent on something like Arma though.

What I want to do is focus on the function of the UI, then start to make it more stylized to suit DayZ. I'm working on the loot screen at the moment and I want it to be very intuitive.

wow man, looks awesome!

The noise-/visiblitymeter beside the crosshair is too annoying in the middle of the screen imo. A crosshair is more then enough in the middle of my screen! The interface reminds me a little bit of what i saw in the devision trailers.

I think the noise/visibility meter is something that would only be used by new players. 

Interesting,.

A lot of work has been done to improve the sight/sound (and all) indicators which will be included in the  1.7.8 build.

Not a + hair fan myself, which limits the possibilites of your project, imho.

Would you do a short vid please.

I'm working on a short video at the moment, using Daizy to film it. At the moment I'm having issues hiding the door open/close and loot icons appearing though – do you have any experience hiding them?

Thanks again everyone!

Problems arise on servers with no crosshairs - how does it work then?

It won't have anything in it until you find a GPS, Watch, Map or a Compass. (Etc if you find a watch, it only shows the time etc etc.)

Problems arise on servers with no crosshairs - how does it work then?

The crosshair still gets disabled.

Thanks for the great feedback. Please feel free to make suggestions, I'm sure most of you play a lot more than me so I want to make sure that my UI works for new players as well as pros.

I think the noise/visibility meter is something that would only be used by new players. 

Size down the crosshair/make a smaller and better one.

Put the Noise & Visibility meter in the top left corner.

Size down the crosshair/make a smaller and better one.

Put the Noise & Visibility meter in the top left corner.

Do you mean more like it is currently - a symbol with a 'wifi' style indicator next to it?

I wonder if there is to do something like on thief or oblivion. Would it be better if the noise/visibility indicators only appear when you're crouched/prone. I guess when you're sprinting you don't care how visible or noisy you're being!

The crosshair still gets disabled.

Having the brackets there would still be a rough guide though. Obviously not as helpful as a crosshair, but more helpful than nothing at all. Place target between brackets and click.

I'm not trashing the guy's work, though. I agree that it's not so much a DayZ theme, but it still looks great.

Having the brackets there would still be a rough guide though. Obviously not as helpful as a crosshair, but more helpful than nothing at all. Place target between brackets and click.

I'm not trashing the guy's work, though. I agree that it's not so much a DayZ theme, but it still looks great.

I think on veteran servers the whole thing would disappear. If you want that hardcore of an experience you'd want no indication of your visibility/noise.

Looks really awesome! My suggestion would be to have different configuration options for people to choose from, I personally love the corner hud, not so much the middle one as I barely use the visibility meters for anything. Also, I would prefer to make this an actual lootable item, since this game is a simulator and you wouldn't really be able to do 3/4 of the things you do with that hud in real life. In my opinion this hud shouldn't be a replacement, it should actually be some sort of rare visor or helmet that you pick up. Keep it up!  :)