meat pie

Modern dayz in a nutshell

So went on this server that starts you with a pdw and a winchester.

Thats not the worst part there is green cars all over and some helis on the coast!

Then I looked at the map "you start with that to by the way and saw a place called "Bambi vill'

This sounds bad on paper but what it is,is a big base with ammo crates fulled with m4s and m16 with 100s of mags.

I turn out to get my hands on a m24,bizon and m9.

I then fly over chenro and see dozens of player crashed choppers and some of the buliding are blown up.
This looked cool but should of happend in base arma2 not dayz.

What crazy servers have you seen guys post them below.

Thanks for reading!

GITS PvP... Nuff said

Lol will have to check that out,the one I was talking about is called strange brew fyi

I have an aquaintance who only plays on these kinds of servers. He thinks this is what DayZ is. His justfication for this is that: DayZ on any server is a DM, so why not just play on PvP servers that give you everything anyway. 

I can't get my head round that mentality. 

• Like 5

I played on that server once.  It was absolutely terrible.  I spawned at Balota and saw like 5 other fresh spawns.  I went all yolo and decided to try and kill all of them.  

I have never seen such horrid aim.  These guys couldn't even hit me when I was standing still.  I actually managed to take all five of them out.  

While this was all happening, there were a few choppers dueling it out above me.  One got shot down and I ran over and got into a new one the was just left at the airfield.  I started flying to Cherno and there were choppers everywhere, very much like what, you, OP, described.  I decided to just ram myself into another chopper and then log off.

• Like 2

About 1 week ago I started playing DayZ again (After playing alot of ArmA2 Domination and Wasteland). I hopped on a random server like that. There were like 6 Barracks at every spawn point. There were lots of donator items too. Like Skat3rat said, some people their aim is just horrible.... And people just run up to the barracks like complete morons. 

i dont really get these crazy DayZ maps. when i want intense pvp with crazy gear, weapons and vehicles - i play wasteland

Edited by Prion
  • Like 1

i dont really get these crazy DayZ maps. when i want intense pvp with crazy gear, weapons and vehicles - i play wasteland

I play Battlefield.

• Like 1

I actually used to enjoy the now defunct "Zust" servers.  Tons of vehicles with weapons scattered all over the place.  Dirt bikes at the more isolated spawn locations.  There was also a fortified "checkpoint" with supplies, halfway between Electro and Cherno, under those big cliffs.  Kind of had a GTA: Chernarus feel to it. 

I liked it because:

a) a bit more fast paced with all the vehicles on the road

b) night time became a lot more interesting with all the car headlights illuminating the coast road.

c) you aren't guaranteed a weapon.  Vehicles had anything from a Makarov to non-standard guns like M60s or anti-material rifles.  But they could just as easily be gone or blow'd up by the time you get to them.

d) ability to drive up and down the road in a Ural smashing though everything in sight (except small rocks or pieces of debris in the road).

The thing that trips me about these sort of servers is that there are a ton of choppers but hardly anyone seems to be able to fly them.

• Like 1

His justfication for this is that: DayZ on any server is a DM, so why not just play on PvP servers that give you everything anyway.

sadly, I can see his point.

Today I joined one of these servers. I ran someone over with a humvee, got shot in the face by a guy I offered a lift in my bus to, then baited wannabe AA gunners with a Huey. Then I got bored with that and crashed the Huey into the middle of Cherno.

Not exactly DayZ, but it did a good job of killing 30 minutes.

server with m249 and 4 magz, m9 sd, soldier clothes, map, watch, compass, 2 helis on balota and 5 cars  :blink:  then went to nwaf to see 4 more helis with 3 cars all functionall  :facepalm:

There was one server I actually tried, I don't remember the name because it was to retarded.lol You spawn in with random guns, But that wasn't the worst part...Whenever you kill someone, They spawn back within 30m of you with the same weapons...I found that out the hard way...  Then I spawn right back on that guy...I killed him,ran off,then left forever...lol

Edited by DanielTy88

DayZ + PvP = Arma 2. You should try it sometime.

Arma 2 =/= DayZ + PvP for it lacks zombies. 

I played on some carepackages|starterkit|extrahelicrash|morebarracks|unneccessarybullshit +300 vehicles! server.. That was just ridiculous. Even the players on the server.

Edited by Sutinen