Hi Guys. I have had shit luck when hiding behind trees and guys are firing at me. I get killed 9/10 times. Is there any specific way to hide behind these trees when someone is firing at you? I find that trees are just not viable for cover at all and it doesn't matter which tree I pick. I always pick the biggest tree when hiding from fire, or scouting, and it doesn't seem to matter how big the tree is. If a guy stands oppsite me, he always gets me.

From big distances and putting your graphics on low settings causes the trees become less visible, especially the leaves. Making it easier to get your self spotted but not so bad in close/mid ranges.

Sucks to be honest on distance pvp so i would just avoid trees.

Edited by monoking
  • Like 2

It's true, disabling AToC or AA causes trees to become much thinner so people with lower graphics settings will spot you much more easily unfortunately.

Yea, turn them Graphics on low

Hopefully we will see a fix for this in the SA

Take cover behind maple/oak trees, not pine trees.

The trunk of the tree is solid. All a pine tree does is obstruct your vision.

i never hide behind pine trees when getting fired at. I am talking about maple/oak trees. I thought the guys hack with the way they shoot me behind them. To putt it plaint, the trees are fucking useless and all you need to do is spray at the tree and you will break the guys legs....in order to finish him off.

hide behind a building don't trust trees its really easy to get an angle if you are behind the trunk

The only other factor is whether or not you're standing up straight.

You obviously stick out more when you're crouched.

Other than that, it could just be bad luck.

It's not the trees' fault. They're just trees.

The only other factor is whether or not you're standing up straight.

You obviously stick out more when you're crouched.

Other than that, it could just be bad luck.

It's not the trees' fault. They're just trees.

fuck dem trees and dem hackers.

L4nGv.jpg

When do you get shot? When trying to return fire or just taking cover? Are you watching them via third person and ensuring they don't have an angle to hit you (please do not start a third person debate, serious question)?

I personally am not fond of the way the bark dust sticks in ur teeth and hair after an enemy has sprayed his AK clip at you whilst you hide behind that tree.... but I suck at hiding behind trees too, and inevitably end up dying too..... :(

I used a tree a while back as cover and it worked fine for me.

Do not try to hide behind the tree — that's impossible.

Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no tree.

• Like 1

Dude taking cover behind a tree in front of me..

2vkdt2o.jpg

zoom

x5s8c1.jpg

and Steaks tree...

2eahxyd.jpg

• Like 2

fuck dem trees and dem hackers.

L4nGv.jpg

DAFUG!? Since when did Finnish armed forces have because reloading is for pussies guys!?

I know this doesn't directly answer regarding trees, but Get behind anything apart from trees if you can, even ditches are better because if you can lose visual then it is safe.

My advice: Use trees as cover and move away from whoever's after you, crown a hill if possible, and hide in a pine tree, waiting to get the jump.

Most people have trouble hitting a moving target, and trees serve to break their line of sight. That combined with unpredictable movemement helps you out.

• Like 1

Yea, turn them Graphics on low

Hopefully we will see a fix for this in the SA

I have all my graphics set on very high and my ATOC is set to All trees and grass and I can defend myself better than lots of the low settings, trees turned off laptop wielding Alienware nubs out there (jk). This game is way to beautiful on very high and way to ugly on low to be turning it off due to excuses and placebo affects of mediocre competitiveness. In fact, when my graphics card burned out and I was forced to play with my dedicated graphics from my intel I5 (25fps max low) I couldn't identify a single thing and I always had this crappy feeling and ended up turning the game off after 10 minutes. Thats why alot of people that quit playing this game usually have their settings on low and gamers playing with beast machines are still playing this game after a year and a half.