kevenc

1.7.1.5 Zombie are differents [FEEDBACK]

Personally from about 5 hours of play testing 1.7.1.5 tonight, the only thing about the Zeds that I feel is a tad over the top is their spawn rate. Aggro range seems very acceptable, I was able to prone/crouch walk past nearly all obstacles, barring a few instances. When I had to fire, however, it seemed like the horde was endless. Could drop two AKM mags and literally they would still be coming in that barn door.

Tweaking down the spawn rate would make them perfect, IMHO.

As far as I know spawnrate will be tweaked.

Zombies are a challenge again, sneaking into a barn has to be a lot more carefull, Crouch sneaking is not going to work as it did a while ago. So observe and figure out the best route towards the object. The shortest distance from cover towards the object or have patience and go prone and prepare for a long crawl.

in 1.7.1.4 me and my friend managed to prone/crouch walk through a little village full of zombies, looting everything and still didn't aggro a single zed. So it was possible and challenging. I see the biggest problem in some bugs like x-ray vision...with this its hard to sepereate if I did something wrong or the mod has just a bug. I mean, its very annoying when you sneak near a fence and the zed on the other side goes on full rage, even if you prone.

I havent tested 1.7.1.5 yet but I like the change of the sound levels, in 1.7.1.4 it was sometimes a bit awkward when some zeds at the other end of the village heard you for no reason. I hope this is fixed but still very challenging.

I think we need some changes in the damage system of the zombies considering the broken bones. They brake your bones too easy AND I think its not realistic at all, that they brake your leg! I would appreciate the possibility of a broken arm instead, so you cant use your primary weapon or a broken rip, so you cant sprint anymore (all this with still a chance of a broken leg of course, but the broken leg results almost everytime in death or respawn, because you dont have morphine). And dont say this would be too easy, it would still be very challenging but more realistic, and thats what i think the mod wants to be. :)

So how far can they see?

I know its 60 degrees from body center but is there a specific on sight distance on a clear sunny day?

Or at night?

I only know that you will aggro a Zed by full daylight when your are sprinting on a street from 100m away.

I think the audibility is now much more interesting, because its also important on what surface you are on. Here some values i've collected 5 min ago (its audio/visual so 4/3 for example means you have 4 in audibility and 3 points in visibility). All at full daylight with good weather.

Street:

Prone: 1/1

Crouch walk:1/4

Crouch run: 3/5

Walk: 1/5

Sprint: 4/5

Beach:

Crouch walk:0/3

Crouch run: 2/4

Walk: 1/5

Sprint: 4/5

Tall Grass

Crouch walk:0/3

Crouch run: 1/3

Walk: 1/4

Sprint: 2/5

notice that these values vary due to weather, time of day and so on. You can see that crouch walk in a village ,where often is tall grass, is possible WHEN you are not in a line of sight of a zed. Also prone wont get you into full stealth mode like in some version before, of course you have 0/0 when you dont move while prone.

I like the new zombie behavior but i also think they respawn too fast. I was in the firestation on the NW airfield and got attacked by one. Killed them and the whole airfield crew seemed to fall in love with me. They didnt stop coming. They seemed to respawn faster then one can kill them.

I'm fine with the zombies at the moment.

But I confirm the broken bones / Morphine problem.

It happens way to easily and you find never enough morphine

I'm pretty much 90% happy with the current status of aggro for the zeds. I think the visual could possibly more stable (I've had moments where I'll spike from 2 EYE to 5 EYE when I'm simply crouch walking along the side of a building) and possibly give a delay so you can actually crouch up to enter a door if there is a zombie who just won't get the doorway out of his LOS.

As is, though, I would like a lesser chance of breaking bones, since morphine is pretty much only available at the coast. And since everyone and there mother is always saying you have to leave the coast ASAP nowadays, if you're stuck out in the middle of a field with a broken leg, you're gonna probably starve to death before you even have Cherno in sight. (I know I've lost my last three characters to broken bones. It's really gotten silly when they're breaking at the 9k threshold.)

Finding it much better in many ways. Great job on fixing the zomblairs.

Finding it much better in many ways. Great job on fixing the zomblairs.

Zombies are the best they have been since I've been playing (1 week)

The crawling ones seem to spot me more when I'm crawling... not sure if that's just in my head.

Broken legs as previously stated are a little harsh. I've found heaps of morphine in military bases...

The fixes weren't enough. If you pull one zombie' date=' you still pull ALL the zombies. They still have laser vision and they break bones too easily. When they don't give you morphine anymore a basic encounter can now be game over. Not fun.

[/quote']

It seems pretty random to me tho.. Sometimes I get wailed on for a year and even die without having my legs broken. Other times, my legs snap on the first hit.

This patch has made sneaking alot more viable instead of just running aggroing all of the Zed's and then find a 2exit building, The harshest thing is that my bones get broken so easily now :(

You can crouch run past zombies if you are:

1-level of sound

any-level of sight as long as you stay out of a zombies 60 degree FOV (Field of view) that is dictated by his body direction.

So far I've found that as long as you pay attention to which direction zombies are looking in you should have little trouble sneaking past them. Prone is now viable but you can no long go right up next to a zombie.

Zombies have magic prone hearing. They can hear you ~12 meters away through walls if you're moving while prone.

So really sneaking through the middle of town is like playing russian roulette.

-They break bones too easily

-Still erratic pattern of running

-Was in a shack in the middle of nowhere, killed the Z's around it, 2 min later they respawn all around me.

-Z's death animation lag (shoot them, they run 2 meters and they die)

Other than that, pretty good.

Who needs crouch running when you can straight-up run? I found a hatchet in cherno, along with my compass, map, backpack, etc... and my friend was in elektro. So I just booked it out, ran all the way to the elektro hospital, and attracted probably 7-10 zeds on the way. However the fact that they still have to walk indoors and the fact that my hatched is a 1-shot kill meant that it was the quickest and easiest way to deal with things. No more of this sneaking around BS unless you want to avoid players.

Who needs crouch running when you can straight-up run? I found a hatchet in cherno' date=' along with my compass, map, backpack, etc... and my friend was in elektro. So I just booked it out, ran all the way to the elektro hospital, and attracted probably 7-10 zeds on the way. However the fact that they still have to walk indoors and the fact that my hatched is a 1-shot kill meant that it was the quickest and easiest way to deal with things. No more of this sneaking around BS unless you want to avoid players.

[/quote']

There are always the high risk/high reward runs :) Good on you for making it through but it's a gamble.

Who needs crouch running when you can straight-up run? I found a hatchet in cherno' date=' along with my compass, map, backpack, etc... and my friend was in elektro. So I just booked it out, ran all the way to the elektro hospital, and attracted probably 7-10 zeds on the way. However the fact that they still have to walk indoors and the fact that my hatched is a 1-shot kill meant that it was the quickest and easiest way to deal with things. No more of this sneaking around BS unless you want to avoid players.

[/quote']

There are always the high risk/high reward runs :) Good on you for making it through but it's a gamble.

A gamble my friends and I make ALL the time. We take turns leading the charge through a town until we hit a building. The one in front is almost always safer :) Granted, now that zeds spawn super fast we've had to rethink our strategies. Tend to always put our AKM buddy as crowd control while we sneak around taking a peek into buildings before booking it to the car.

I really like the zombies' detection/aggro in 1.7.1.5. Crouch running around zombies when they aren't looking and diving into prone when they're about to turn toward you is efficient and moderately challenging without being frustratingly slow.

Still somewhat buggy, but definitely getting there. Only major hiccup for me seems to be in multi-storied buildings, like apartment complexes. I now entirely avoid those, because it seems I always end up aggroing a horde of zombies even though they're outside on ground level and I'm on the 3rd floor. Then they warp/glitch around the staircases, sometimes popping up right on top of me...

I like the new zombie behavior but i also think they respawn too fast. I was in the firestation on the NW airfield and got attacked by one. Killed them and the whole airfield crew seemed to fall in love with me. They didnt stop coming. They seemed to respawn faster then one can kill them.

100% agree with you It happend to me in the NW airfield too, but instead of been in the firestation I was in in the airport control, I climbed the side ladders and I heard a zombie, he was back to my, but he stair up the other stairs and start running at me, so I shoot he, at the same moment I shoot I started climbing the other ladders and I was shooting zombies for a long time, (like 50 - 60 zeds) when I was running out my ammo, I decided to go down and killed a zed who was climbing the ladder that I wanted to go, then I got a remington, I go down and a horde of 7- 8 zombies were waiting for me I started shooting and I loose too many blood, then I run to the firestation I was killing zeds, I got a AKM and then I run into the forest and I lost them. So I had to choices without food, hatchet, painkiller and blood I was thinking about suicide, but I though It was better try the new IA and sneak into a town for supplies, and It have alot of fun I could succesfully sneak all the town without alert any zombie, I was crouch walking behind them, and even crouch running when they were like 30-50 ms more or less. I didn't let them to see me (because before I had the accident in the airfield I had another in the barracks and a zed spotted me crawling). Finnaly I got an hatchet, and I could cook the raw meat so I recover all my blood, and I got a painkiller, the problem is I was in a deer stand just before the server stops responding me.

Now the IA is better than in the other 2 versions in my opinion is more realistic. But the only problem is that they respawn too fast and I couldn't even move. But with a good plan you can escape ( I escaped without a plan so.. :P)