SmashT

DayZ Developer Blog 7th September 2013

looks like they are regurgitating something he said at gamescon ages ago.

hmmmm :huh:

Best to ignore the gaming journo's in my opinion.  That article's is a good example, they are just quoting from another gaming site.  All they can do is speculate like the rest of us and usually they do so having less knowledge about the games progress than most of us here.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

Best to ignore the gaming journo's in my opinion.  That article's is a good example, they are just quoting from another gaming site.  All they can do is speculate like the rest of us and usually they do so having less knowledge about the games progress than most of us here.

Fraggle speaks the truth.

"He notes that the “core network architecture” is holding up the release."

Dam.

That post is over a month old and games PC just pulls those quotes from old reddit posts. They don't reflect the official timeline. Surely we don't know exactly what kind of complexity they might be dealing with in terms of making that server architecture work properly. It's very likely they'll still be making improvements to the server/client com even after the Alpha release. My posted quote from rocket is much more recent. It clearly indicates that they are working 100% full steam ahead, which is a VERY good sign. It means the Alpha should be just around the corner.

Check it. This is from today.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/393461281950146560/photo/1

"High morale after our multiplayer internal test."

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Fraggle, the beans...

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...clearly got to your head

YEEAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhh

Now I predict people will merge here and start a discussion that's totally off topic from the November Round-Up topic

I wonder what roles mice will play? Will they be able to spread disease?

Edited by TIC321