Sign in to follow this  
jan-w_16@hotmail.com

[Suggestion] Optional anti-theft system

My suggestion for future DayZ Versions. (Not the standalone)

Anti-theft system

Basics:

- Admins can disable/enable it with false/true value in server or mission.pbo

- Highly customizable in terms of max vehicles p/player and which type

- Admins need to add their own UID's so they can drive all vehicles if system is being abused

How it should work:

- players will get a scroll menu just like "get in as driver" option to claim a vehicle. (keep max claim amount in mind)

- if a vehicle is claimed already, players can only get inside it as passenger, can not access the gear.

- players who own a vehicle can unclaim it just like claiming it.

- owner is attached to UID so no claim loss if death

- if player tries to drive a vehicle which is claimed, he/she can not get in.

This system should be not extremely hard to code and also (if written well) not affecting server/client performance.

I think this system will be very popular on servers where the no-stealing rule is being used.

Right now, it is very hard for admins to control if the players are actually following that rule.

Edited by IT07

I don't really think it fits vanilla DayZ, but I'm sure a mod could add it.

Edited by colekern

My question is: Why?

I'm pretty sure I can get in the drivers seat of my moms car if I wanted to.

E: I just tried, and yes, i can get behind the wheel of my moms car. I'm not even old enough to drive.

Edited by narkoman14
  • Like 8

My suggestion for future DayZ Versions. (Not the standalone)

Anti-theft system

Basics:

- Admins can disable/enable it with false/true value in server or mission.pbo

- Highly customizable in terms of max vehicles p/player and which type

- Admins need to add their own UID's so they can drive all vehicles if system is being abused

How it should work:

- players will get a scroll menu just like "get in as driver" option to claim a vehicle. (keep max claim amount in mind)

- if a vehicle is claimed already, players can only get inside it as passenger, can not access the gear.

- players who own a vehicle can unclaim it just like claiming it.

- owner is attached to UID so no claim loss if death

- if player tries to drive a vehicle which is claimed, he/she can not get in.

This system should be not extremely hard to code and also (if written well) not affecting server/client performance.

I think this system will be very popular on servers where the no-stealing rule is being used.

Right now, it is very hard for admins to control if the players are actually following that rule.

Ownership doesn't exist in nature.

• Like 9

What if you stumble across someones camp filled with cars and they're all claimed, or even better why don't we let the abusive admins go ahead and claim all of the cars for there "friends"

• Like 2

Admins can spawn extra cars so they don't "take it away from players".

What if you stumble across someones camp filled with cars and they're all claimed, or even better why don't we let the abusive admins go ahead and claim all of the cars for there "friends"

That's where the vehicle limit comes into play. Admins can choose how many vehicles players can claim.

So I could just go around on your 300 vehicle server, claiming every unclaimed car, then log out, wait a week, then go around and claim every unclaimed car again?  Not realistic in the slightest.  Pretty sure Skodas don't come Standard with fingerprint recognition tied to the ignition.

• Like 3

So I could just go around on your 300 vehicle server, claiming every unclaimed car, then log out, wait a week, then go around and claim every unclaimed car again?  Not realistic in the slightest.  Pretty sure Skodas don't come Standard with fingerprint recognition tied to the ignition.

Do you even read? No. Like I said in the post, admins can limit the max claim amount per/player.

I've just been murdered by cruel, vicious bandits for sport. They pillaged my corpse, my car, but fortunately didn't steal it because they're nice like that. 

• Like 3

OxSfPzc.gif

I'm not sure what this has to do with DayZ suggestions. In any case I don't agree with it.

• Like 2

jiFfM.jpg

Stop, you're not being the reasonable one here.

So, let's just see how this would play out.

A bandit stalks a player to his camp. It's well hidden, but he has tracked and killed many players before. He is ready to do the same here. He lifts his rifle and fires a single shot. The player drops. He thoroughly loots the camp and the corpse of all its belongings. But he doesn't take the dead player's car, because that doesn't belong to him and stealing is wrong.

Seriously, is your next suggestion to remove all the weapons so people can't kill each other? This idea doesn't belong in DayZ.

• Like 10

Do you even read? No. Like I said in the post, admins can limit the max claim amount per/player.

Great. So now i can only own a couple of vehicles?

In real life, i can own a thousand cars if i want to and have the money.

I really don't understand why you think this should be implemented. It really isn't necessary.

Also, if this is implemented, i can already see the new server names: 1000+ vehicles PER PLAYER, etc.

jiFfM.jpg

cn6uylf.jpg

Come on, isn't the game easy enough! 24/7 daylight, self blood bag, no rain, 300 repaired/refueled cars, and even the ability to use telekinesis to transfer fuel from a broken pump to your fuel tank without leaving the car! I guess while we're at it we should add quick saving so if you die you can just reload from there!

Seriously though, locking a car is reasonable, but not so far as to make it impossible to get in to. A lock is reasonable in a non-catastrophe/zombie filled world. Just break the window, hot wire it/jam a Philips head into it, and boom. Car. Also, giving admins the power to spawn cars is a no no. This is DayZ.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 4

I have to say no. this is just my opinion, but I don't think this really belongs in DayZ. you can't claim a car so people won't steal it. in RL, any opportunist will break into your car, all you gotta do is break the window and hot-wire it

"I am part of a race that kills for possessions."

To deny us of theft would be totally inauthentic, and if you gave the servers the option, they'd just turn it on, just like they do with 500 + vehicles, spawn equipment, 24/7 daylight, and all those other completely shitty server options that have slaughtered this game's fundamental mechanic of scarcity.

Damn, The Designer beat me to it.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

I find guarding to be the best anti-theft system.

This doesn't fit DayZ in any way, shape or form IMO.

• Like 2

Moved to dedicated thread here.

Edited by h3l1x