Sign in to follow this  
leviski

Journals

Id like too see something we can write in and possibly leave somewhere, maybe in a tent car or someone an pick it up and read it after I am dead.

now before you go and yell "This has already been discussed"

Id like to know if this is going to be implemented in the mod soon because last patch I read something somewhere along the lines that we were getting something like this in an upcomming patch.

anyone know?

anyone got a story of what they would do with this?

There's a limited journal in the mod already.  I think you have to configure custom control 20 to a key, press the key and whola

The journal lists your kills etc and gives a little overview of your location and what weapon you have. 

I am not sure if there are plans (or even if its possible) to allow us to make notes etc, though that would be quite cool.

Aren't there some mods where you can read someone else's journal as well?

I dont know how hard it would be to config an item to hold data

(I know the Standalone will have it)

but still.

It would be basically a book that held data, that doesn't sound too hard to implement.

Just like maps, I wish maps were player specific, and stealing someone elses map could give you locations of drop points and bases.

but that seems too hard to implements for some reason....

man there is alot that should be in the mod that isnt lol...

Aren't there some mods where you can read someone else's journal as well?

I'm not sure why that wasn't added to DayZ. :S

Action menu > Read journal

Surely that wouldn't be hard to do?

12.01 a.m

Teamed up with ImaKiller. Didn't really trust the guy but I'm tired and scared. Thought I'd take a few moments to write this while he's gathering firewood with my axe.

12.05 a.m

I'm in a bad way, think a tree fell on me. Anyway if you should read this. Be careful of trees.
I see a shiny light think ill go for a walk now.
So long friend.

• Like 1

Slender notes.

Slender notes everywhere.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why that wasn't added to DayZ. :S

Action menu > Read journal

Surely that wouldn't be hard to do?

To much to scroll...it should be a hotkey or else you will end up reading your diary while trying to reload your gun ( f.e. if you are using the scroll menu to reload ).

I was actually thinking of something like this last night.

I went ingame, spawned at our base and did a few runs for food and medical supplies (no-one else was online).  It'd have been good if I could have left notes as to where the food and medicine is located/where it came from, and general updates as to what's happened at the base whilst I've been offline or whatever.

There's countless applications for it though. I'm really excited at starting my 5-episode short story series, 'The Girthman Chronicles'.

To much to scroll...it should be a hotkey or else you will end up reading your diary while trying to reload your gun ( f.e. if you are using the scroll menu to reload ).

I mean when you're looking at the dead body of a player, if you want to read their journal.

Also, I don't think anyone uses the action menu to reload. xD

Edited by mZLY

I went ingame, spawned at our base and did a few runs for food and medical supplies (no-one else was online).  It'd have been good if I could have left notes as to where the food and medicine is located/where it came from, and general updates as to what's happened at the base whilst I've been offline or whatever.

There are enough 3rd party tools to communicate offline like Steam ( offline message ) or maybe even TS ( afaik it also has a type of offline pop up message or write it down in the channel info ). While an in game solution might be great don't think too narrow minded.

12.01 a.m

Teamed up with ImaKiller. Didn't really trust the guy but I'm tired and scared. Thought I'd take a few moments to write this while he's gathering firewood with my axe.

12.05 a.m

I'm in a bad way, think a tree fell on me. Anyway if you should read this. Be careful of trees.

I see a shiny light think ill go for a walk now.

So long friend.

Poor tree :'(

After Reading one of the comments, not going to point them out but

I want dayz to one day be a game where I can sit down around a fire, possibly loot a guitar and invite other people to join me

• Like 1

After Reading one of the comments, not going to point them out but

I want dayz to one day be a game where I can sit down around a fire, possibly loot a guitar and invite other people to join me

If you find sociable players...On the flipside the campfire will also attract players who love to KoS. There shouldn't be that much players during night time anyway especially when night equipment is harder or impossible to come by.

Edited by Enforcer

If you find sociable players...On the flipside the campfire will also attract players who love to KoS. There shouldn't be that much players during night time anyway especially when night equipment is harder or impossible to come by.

Hopefully NVGs are super rare and require batteries.

I really hope by some small chance that the community will change for the better.