Vaktoth (DayZ)

1st/3rd Person Suggestion

Not sure if this has been suggested, tried searching..didn't see it..got bored.

Anyway..I'll be brief. Players can use 3rd person..however, when under fire their view is forced into 1st person. A kind of suppression system for the SA.

With the recent gamescon devblog it seemed that a winowing FOV based on proximity to objects would be a lag issue. Figured this might be easier on the code plus allow for the terror of being suppressed into 1st person unexpectedly or equalizing an ambush if sending semi accurate return fire.

If this is a repeated suggestion feel free to delete.

I don't feel this would work. People can still prone behind walls, and trees and watch for people to shoot. People can still walk around towns checking corners. It's best to get rid of it 100%, and increase the FOV.

• Like 2

when you throw a flare game detects you as "in combat" ( red pistol starts to twinkle )  but if someone shots near your position you are not in combat so,  what you call "under fire" ? 

Maybe Bohemia should better 1st person looking 

Edited by JIJOK

Not sure how well that would work. Apart from your scenario where a player is pinned down/being suppressed, most of the issues with third person aren't during combat.

I think the real discussion should revolve around, why first person players all abandon first person servers and then join third person servers and only to complain about the server settings.

But I really think it's a moot discussion, because Real Virtuality is designed to cater to both view modes. If you look at ArmA 3, where first person mode is improved close to perfection, there will still be people like me, who love watching ArmA 3's beautiful character models in third person, even though first person now is a real smooth experience.

Edited by Dallas

when you throw a flare game detects you as "in combat" ( red pistol starts to twinkle )  but if someone shots near your position you are not in combat so,  what you call "under fire" ? 

Maybe Bohemia should better 1st person looking 

When you have a gun anywhere on you you should always be in "combat mode". Only guys who don't even have an axe should benefit from 3P  :P

I was playing arma 3 and worked a very long flank around this crashed heli after being left behind from their truck, I shot two with my sniper staying in first person, trying my best not to peek past my cover in third person, I popped over rock and missed with last shot, so I pulled out my Titan AT after seeing the buy with my sniper scope again, and after finding out it is wire guided a week or so ago I hit him dead on and got the kill :D so proud I was.

Then I said Fword with my pleasure and got kicked :)