rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

... {snipped} ...

Ever tryed to distract them with empty cans ? its fun ;)

The mod gives you so many ways for "Raid" an town/lootspot' date='

sneak in - shoot a few zeds in your way with silenced weapons - kill them with a melee weapon if they see you - distract them with cans - sniper them from far away - run in and break the LOS with a building - just play rambo, running in kill everything - or mix some of that ways....

[/quote']Keep in mind that my comments are reflective of my most common situation these days ... washed up on a beach with a finicky flashlight and a gleam of desperation in my eyes.

As to cans, I'm working on that but it seems I have to stand up to throw anything. I've tried doing it prone and it looks like it works but then my character stands upright and tosses another ... that would seem to be counter productive to avoiding zeds. :D

I'll keep working at it but remember that most of us washed up on the beach don't have silenced weapons or sniper rifles and without a gun of some flavor going Rambo isn't an option.

Breaking LOS isn't that easy with a horde of zeds on your tail and even melee won't be an option unless you get lucky and can find a crowbar or axe and the mod will let you pick it up.

I'd just ask the more experienced/practiced members to remember the plight of the noob on that lonely stretch of sand ... it's not as easy for us as it may be for you.

Joe

FPS-drop gone. Even at Cherno fps was about 40 with zeds around you. \o/.

[...]

Sadly my FPS went into a split-mode now.

While outside of cities my FPS returned back to my former 40 FPS, the second I see buildings they go down to 10-15 FPS. Even with very small villages.

In previous DayZ versions I could be in villages with a stable 25-30 FPS and even in large cities it would not go below the 18FPS mark.

FPS is still fairly unchanged for me. Upon server restarts, I run butter-smooth with well over 40+ fps, but as soon as zeds start dying/spawning and the bodies start accumulating in numbers, I begin to lose FPS. Seems like the longer the server is up, the more lag I get due to dead bodies and whatnot.

May i suggest starting with morphine dure to the amount of building glitches causing broken bones. Also id suggest a guide on creating a Dayz server. I have a spare server system sitting here waiting to beable to create a zombie apoc :P

the update is looking good so far, there's still a few bugs involving zombies, but i think we'll get ride of those slowly

Zeds is slang for zombie. DayZ = zombie survival mod. Rocket refers to 28 days later in his explanation for his use of 'fast' zombies linked earlier in the post. However, many nitpickers know that they were "infected" and not "zombies". Please Rocket, in future, refer to Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead to stop the infected v zombie arguement. Its the only film which presents fast zombies which are essentially the same as the infected in 28 days apart from their method in inception.

As for the patch, please Rocket, in a group of 4 people we had 10 morphine injectors (from a hospital run). Within 3 hours we had used them all and still had two party members with broken legs.

Morphine rarely spawns outside of hospitals. Which are VERY unevenly distributed through the map. Leg breaks are FAR too common and they essentially make melee a non-option.

The melee weapons are excellent. We were operating a group of two axe wielders and two snipers. The two axe wielders were sweeping out the zombies and the snipers were following behind keeping an eye out for players. It was beautiful teamwork, as we needed them for PvP, and they needed us for PvZ.

The main drawback? The axe wielders both persistently broke their legs, ran out of morphine and had to crawl two kilometres back to the nearest town in order to search for morphine, which ofcourse is so rare it was pointless.

Solutions?

Increase morphine spawn rate in houses/supermarkets.

OR

Decrease leg break common-ness (yes please)

OR

Make leg breaks dissapear when you return to full health or after a specified time period.

Alternatively, make tents a sort of "resting area" where you can return to them in order to "rest" and cure your ailments.

I feel like the zombie aggro is still too high. Crouch walking at night and a zombie started running at me from a couple of blocks away, just seems impossible to judge whether your actions are safe or not.

Apart from that everything else seems to be working a lot better now.

Alot of people seem to be complaining about broken bones, I played last night and did not receive one broken bone. Perhaps instead of morphine players should have helmets for these daredevils? :)

I missed out on 1.7.1.2 through .4 due to my work/life schedule. With that being said, I gave the latest build a shot last night and I was impressed! I love the direction that this mod is heading. Taking starting weapons away is brilliant. Yeah it's a challenge, but it makes the first hour after you spawn an extremely tense situation. Things seemed more stable on the few servers I played on last night as well. Now for the bugs I noticed.

-The hatchet that I looted from 1.7.1.1 was gone. Was this intentional? It wasn't to long before a I was able to pick up another one though. (El Bandito, aka Brett, spawned in the air control tower of the NE Airbase, he shot my brother from another mother, but he was avenged ;])The rest of my inventory was fully intact from 1.7.1.1

-The Z's spawn mechanism still seems a bit off. My bro-in-law and I made a run into the NE Airstrip. We took 3 Z's down from a distance on the way in, only one agroed, because the shot took it in the shoulder not the head. Once he was down we were clear. We spent approx. 2 min in the first hanger picking up some loot, deciding what to leave behind, then military Z's started spawning out of thin air right in the middle of the hanger, a few more ran in from outside. We had been crouch running, but before the Z's spawned on us we heard nothing to hint that any were outside the hanger. Same thing happened in the air control tower approx. 10 min later.

-Z's still glitching through walls. One ran full speed through the wall under the stairs in the air control tower in the NE Airstrip. Others were able to hit us through the wall.

-Z's can one hit incap? Not sure if this is working as intended. I had 9k blood, Z "Bill" warped around a corner, while I was shooting Z "Ted" (who I had aggroed), and hit me once. I was knocked flat, unconcious, put in shock, and had broken bones. The Z's then ate my brains..... I did get my gear/loot back. Even if I hadn't though, this is not me crying about it. I'm just curious if this is working an intended.

-Pushed off stairs by other player and broke my legs! This was a result of a lag spike from what I could see. I went down the stairs at the same time as my brother, but from my screen he had not moved yet. Then all of the sudden we were occupying the same space and I got pushed over the rail. Legs broken, took morphine, manned up, moved on.

Features I'd like to see developed sometime down the road:

-Radios! I haven't found a radio yet,... but make them useful. Add a 'Radio' side channel that can be used to communicate with other 'survivors'. It would be awesome if we could change the frequency on the radios to be able to communicate with others on the same frequency. This would allow bandits and survivors alike a way of communicating or eavesdropping without the use of the global side channel.

-Tents! I know they are still a WIP. But the tent I'm carrying is burning a hole in my pocket! I want to be able to camp in the freakin woods!

-Hunting Knife. Eventually I would like the option to actually stab someone in the back....

-More enterable buildings! I know this is a limitation from the map being recycled from ArmA II. Maybe someday we can get a new & original map to explore?

Thanks for all your hard work Rocket & Co.!!!

Alternatively' date=' make tents a sort of "resting area" where you can return to them in order to "rest" and cure your ailments.

[/quote']

I like that idea. Would make me want to actually have a tent.

(...) just seems impossible to judge whether your actions are safe or not.

At the previous patch I knew exactly where I could step for not aggroing the zombies' date=' and I'm sure if you've played a bit like me, you knew how to do that as well. It will just take a few hours to get used to that mechanic again.

Alot of people seem to be complaining about broken bones, I played last night and did not receive one broken bone. Perhaps instead of morphine players should have helmets for these daredevils? :)

I had 9~10k hp, got hit once by a pilot zombie, my body flew in the air, I fainted, hit the ground, all my body broke down and I got raped and then killed, and then eaten by them. I hope when that happens to you, you come here to complain, so we can write: told you so. Have a nice day.

Zombies are perfect now.

Morphine is good too' date=' you just need to be more careful.

[/quote']

I thought that as well, then I got raped. Broken bones are far too frequent now. A nerf is necessary, or the application of morphine should be as quick as using painkillers.

As to cans' date=' I'm working on that but it seems I have to stand up to throw anything. I've tried doing it prone and it looks like it works but then my character stands upright and tosses another ... that would seem to be counter productive to avoiding zeds. :D

I'll keep working at it but remember that most of us washed up on the beach don't have silenced weapons or sniper rifles and without a gun of some flavor going Rambo isn't an option.

Breaking LOS isn't that easy with a horde of zeds on your tail and even melee won't be an option unless you get lucky and can find a crowbar or axe [u']and the mod will let you pick it up.

I'd just ask the more experienced/practiced members to remember the plight of the noob on that lonely stretch of sand ... it's not as easy for us as it may be for you.

Joe

Im not what you would call an "Experienced" DayZ player, i play maybe a week now. And so far i try to start new every Hotfix/patch.

Sure after a week you get a clue where to look first for some tools/weapons/food, but still the first steps to make sure you can survive stay the "hardest" steps, and thats IMO is the way how it should be. Otherwise you would get bored after you get killed a few times.

Always remember you dont need food/water the second you spawn, analyze and observe your situation before you start an attempt to grab some tools ;)

And about your "stand up after throwing a can" that kinda sounds like a bug, at least i dont had that problem the few times i throw one. Or you are too impatient because it take some time till your really throw it after you press the MB. and if hold it longer you throw futher. ;)

Gonna break (pun intended) a trend and claim that broken bones are instead of respawn, i meen, come on veterans!! compare today to how it was when we had to run forever in hopes of salvation (usually a bullet to head) just couse we pissed a zed.

Now we can loose the zeds just by running (bugs not counted and well aware of), kinda gives, me atleast, a really HUGE motivation to be stealthy.

Anyway, if broken bones is not intended it will get patched away, until then... Stealth ;-) or run yer ass off.

Two things in the name of realism

Food spawns, in the name of realism I think there should be food in almost every enter-able residential spawn. If people had fled the place in a hurry or turned then there would be tons and tons of food and water everywhere. I don't suppose there is a realistic, engine wise, way to make the total food on a server decrease over a longer period of time perhaps.

Another suggestion is about initial load out. How about you spawn with a random load out? Never anything too fancy, or maybe you could it make it a 0.0001% chance you spawn with a near military kit, but if maybe two or three times in ten you spawn with a makarov, 1 mag, a few tins and a bandage, sometimes a bag, sometimes not, perhaps make a melee a common, but not guaranteed start item, i think always a watch though (they're almost useless and theyre taking up valuable supermarket space). It would give a bit of intrigue and something to look forward to and to take a bit of the kick out of dying by gate or toilet or some other bug. It would be cool playing with mates when dying 'what did you get dude?' 'shit all, a torch and an empty water bottle, how about you?' 'a makarov with the wrong ammo'. Also, if the zombie apocalypse kicked off, some people would be able to put their hands on more survival gear at short notice.

edit: just thought it would be super exploitable, because people would just keep respawning till they got a kit they were happy with, its the same issue as server hopping and respawning to find a good spot, if that could be stopped this could be done.

-Tents! I know they are still a WIP. But the tent I'm carrying is burning a hole in my pocket! I want to be able to camp in the freakin woods!

Go try it you will be suprised ;)

I did, for about 45 min., and could not find a 'suitable' spot to place my tent. I've read the posts that state tent 'spamming' still works, but they definately are not working as they should be.

Broken bones are far too frequent now. A nerf is necessary' date=' or the application of morphine should be as quick as using painkillers.

[/quote']

Nowadays in Dayz you break your bones in pretty much every situation imaginable. Zombies break your bones, stairs break your bones, ladders break your bones (if they don't just outright kill you), walking into other player breaks your bones, joining/leaving server or even thinking of playing DayZ will break your bones.

My group was able to place 2 tents last night in the woods pretty close to trees, it took awhile of spamming before they went down, but it worked!

I did' date=' for about 45 min., and could not find a 'suitable' spot to place my tent. I've read the posts that state tent 'spamming' still works, but they definately are not working as they should be.

[/quote']

hmm placed my tent 3-4 times on a new spot today, worked fine for me. took about 1 min. max. till i found a spot.

Only just managed to get a couple of hours in, but from what I played:

-Food is quite a rare spawner now. Only found one can on a dead zed, and by that point, my hunger was red!

-Tried switching a crossbow for a Remmington; when I tried, the Remmington simPly disappeared.

Apart from that; great! Zed's are a lot more responsive to the stealth system update!

Broken bones are far too frequent now. A nerf is necessary' date=' or the application of morphine should be as quick as using painkillers.

[/quote']

Nowadays in Dayz you break your bones in pretty much every situation imaginable. Zombies break your bones, stairs break your bones, ladders break your bones (if they don't just outright kill you), walking into other player breaks your bones, joining/leaving server or even thinking of playing DayZ will break your bones.

I accidentally tried to run out of a building, through the door, and my friend did the same. We tried leaving together, and then he broke my neck and I started shaking. It was funny cuz he was unharmed and I was in the floor, screaming in pain, like if a bus had hit me.

ALSO!----> breaking bones too often? people should let go of the notion of that if something is higher than before' date=' its too high, and it lower, its too low. Also the notion that harder is always worse. Zombies are a bigger threat now, which is good. they were pussies before hand.

[/quote']

I guess the out-house door is a bigger threat now as well. I broke my leg trying to close one. ;)

Some people say way too much food' date=' some people say way to little....

[/quote']

That means its FINE. Some people have run out of food and are searching for it. Some have found food but will eventually run out and will be the one screaming more food.