LancerG2

Some gun suggestions

40 members have voted

1. 1. Out of all the firearms listed which one do you like the most?

• Steyr AUG (Bullpup Assault Rifle)
    • Uzi (9mm Sub Machine Gun)
    • CZ75 (Automatic Machine Pistol)
    • S&W 500 (5 shot .500 revolver)
    • Armsel Striker (Revolver 12 Gauge Shotgun)
    • Surbu Super Shorty (3 round short shotgun)
    • Flare gun

Alright, I found out what the "hunting rifle" in standalone is. It's a Blaser B95 or B97 Luxus. Even the engraving on the receiver is identical.

Seeing as this is a multi-thousand dollar gun (prices from 4000 to almost 6000 Euros) I hope it is extremely rare and not sitting in the back of every dilapidated farm house...

The B95 is a combination rifle, the B97 is a double rifle.

The shotgun barrels come in 12 or 20 gauge.

The rifle barrels come in .22 Hornet through 9.3x74R.

Personally I hope they go the combination route, more interesting. As for caliber I would like 7x57, 8x57 or the 9.3.

I'd say that the 9.3x74R would probably be the best choice, that way the ammunition is at least somewhat possible elsewhere. But for a gun that costly, it'd probably be one of the rarer civilian weapons.

Then again, we may just be looking into it a little bit too much :P

I'd say that the 9.3x74R would probably be the best choice, that way the ammunition is at least somewhat possible elsewhere.

Depending on what guns they put in... I like it because it throws a big slug. I hope no one will be able to brush off one of these:

Compared to 55-gr FMJ

R07atmG.png

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Depending on what guns they put in... I like it because it throws a big slug. I hope no one will be able to brush off one of these:

Compared to 55-gr FMJ

R07atmG.png

Is the one beside it 5.56

Is the one beside it 5.56

Yes.

• Like 1

Shiiieeeet!

Remember that 5.56 is around half a cm, or 1/5th of an inch for you non metric guys, and is one of the lowest caliber (in diameter) which is used by any military and is usually regulated for shooting bunnies/rabbits/paper in the recreational shooting world (remembering that they always go for a 1HK, not headshot). 

9.3 is closer to 1cm wide or about 2/5ths of an inch and is actually smaller in diameter in 40SW or 45acp.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

Remember that 5.56 is around half a cm, or 1/5th of an inch for you non metric guys, and is one of the lowest caliber (in diameter) which is used by any military and is usually regulated for shooting bunnies/rabbits/paper in the recreational shooting world (remembering that they always go for a 1HK, not headshot). 

9.3 is closer to 1cm wide or about 2/5ths of an inch and is actually smaller in diameter in 40SW or 45acp.

Regardless of the caliber it ( almost ) fails as a bullet if it can't deliver a large amount of it's power into the target and penetrates without doing serious damage.

Indeed.

All (Western) calibers lined up

2YuSwK7.png

Regardless of the caliber it ( almost ) fails as a bullet if it can't deliver a large amount of it's power into the target and penetrates without doing serious damage.

Different bullets for different tasks, the 5.56 is supposed to fragment at high velocities whereas the 9.3mm soft-point is designed for controlled expansion and deep penetration.

Having your bullet fragment is the very last thing you want when hunting a moose, better to have it break both shoulders, take out both lungs and exit out the other side.

But for smaller game like humans a more... explosive effect can be suitable. If you're not planning to eat it.

Edited by Gews

Compared to 55-gr FMJ

R07atmG.png

Quoting Duke Nukem;

"Oooh, that's gotta hurt."

But for smaller game like humans a more... explosive effect can be suitable. If you're not planning to eat it.

Wasn't there a portable 20mm rifle around...?

1ukrEnz.jpg

Although when I said "explosive" I was thinking more along the lines of high-velocity quick expanding bullets. :P

I think that was for tanks and Lulz.

I think that was for tanks and Lulz.

I did see some Syrian rebels using a crazy homemade weapon... must be a lot bigger than 20mm...

0xIp1J0.gif

gy0V6t2.gif

I don't know what this has to do with DayZ but it's cool. :P

I did see some Syrian rebels using a crazy homemade weapon... must be a lot bigger than 20mm...

0xIp1J0.gif

gy0V6t2.gif

That first guy got messed up yo... Or is it same guy?

1ukrEnz.jpg

Although when I said "explosive" I was thinking more along the lines of high-velocity quick expanding bullets. :P

I wouldn't actually mind a gun like this TBH not OP in the slightest.

0xIp1J0.gif

gy0V6t2.gif

Could be anything from 23-37mm and it's not really portable... :D

Does that thing leak or why does the flame come out of the back unless it auto ejects the casing? I wonder how many times you can use it until it blows up in your face.

0xIp1J0.gif

gy0V6t2.gif

Think that's a recoiless rifle.  (Usually its not a good idea to stand behind thous)  Or the main cannon salvaged from a friggen light tank.  And yes these poor bastards are using a lot of homemade stuff and whatever they can find.  They're taking Rocket pods from downed helis and mounting them in trucks like Katusyas.  That thing looks weirder the more I see it, you got a site where you got this from?  The bottom of the (receiver?) looks like a RPG-2 or 7 tube.

Edited by BigMike

Think that's a recoiless rifle.  (Usually its not a good idea to stand behind thous)  Or the main cannon salvaged from a friggen light tank.  And yes these poor bastards are using a lot of homemade stuff and whatever they can find.  They're taking Rocket pods from downed helis and mounting them in trucks like Katusyas.  That thing looks weirder the more I see it, you got a site where you got this from?  The bottom of the (receiver?) looks like a RPG-2 or 7 tube.

Everything about that gun is messed up.

That thing looks weirder the more I see it, you got a site where you got this from?

Search "FSA ultimate sniper".

It's definitely a huge bolt-action.

Ufjcdcb.jpg?1

b23b0fd122cd_sf_2.jpg

I would assume it would use a common caliber, so most likely 23mm...

That doesn't sound much larger than 20mm but in terms of energy it's over 80% more powerful with at least a 50% larger explosive charge.

• Like 1

Search "FSA ultimate sniper".

It's definitely a huge bolt-action.

(snipped photos)

I would assume it would use a common caliber, so most likely 23mm...

That doesn't sound much larger than 20mm but in terms of energy it's over 80% more powerful with at least a 50% larger explosive charge.

I needs a scope IMO and no .50 cals should be in the game.

Russian equivalents i will except.

I needs a scope IMO and no .50 cals should be in the game.

Russian equivalents i will except.

Kvsk?

Kvsk?

Why not?

(says the guy who's knowledge of large calibre Russian/Com-bloc weaponry extends as high as the mosin nagant and sometimes the DKSH)

DKSH is kewl

NSV and KORD are cool, as is the Browning M2HB. I'd like to see some mounted weaponry in the SA. Obviously not with hundreds of rounds left, but maybe a random DShK or M2HB that has a few rounds left in it (As an ultimately super extremely extraordinarily with a lot of other synonyms of these adjectives, rare gun)

You could also find more 12.7x99mm (Or for the Russian mounteds; 12.7x108mm) ammunition to load into it, but they would again be very rare.