LancerG2

Some gun suggestions

40 members have voted

1. 1. Out of all the firearms listed which one do you like the most?

• Steyr AUG (Bullpup Assault Rifle)
    • Uzi (9mm Sub Machine Gun)
    • CZ75 (Automatic Machine Pistol)
    • S&W 500 (5 shot .500 revolver)
    • Armsel Striker (Revolver 12 Gauge Shotgun)
    • Surbu Super Shorty (3 round short shotgun)
    • Flare gun

Oil filter suppressor is a 100% American thing. They got the special little threads you can put on the filter and then screw it on the barrel.

I doubt any post soviet guy in a very small village has ordered one of those.

Let's see...so every car in Chernarus will be undrivable since everyone removed the oil filters....car problem solved, we need no cars.

I saw a thing on reddit that was a revolver with an oil filter on the barrel and a flashlight on the handle.

Obviously an oil filter suppressor wouldn't work on a revolver but its the kind of customisation I would like to see in the SA.

It would on a Nagant revolver, also a good idea to have in the actual game as it was very common in the Russian military before the makarov came to be. Also look up some photos of tunnel rats during the vietnam war, they put anything on everything in order to quiet them down and make it easier in the tunnels, this includes what you described (seen in a photo).

Let's see...so every car in Chernarus will be undrivable since everyone removed the oil filters....car problem solved, we need no cars.

I was talking about the thread thing, not oil filters... These things right here

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7272779258_d912bfc769_b.jpg

I was just about to curse you out for making me look stupid, but I didn't

It would on a Nagant revolver, also a good idea to have in the actual game as it was very common in the Russian military before the makarov came to be. Also look up some photos of tunnel rats during the vietnam war, they put anything on everything in order to quiet them down and make it easier in the tunnels, this includes what you described (seen in a photo).

Sounds good.

I think, Steyr would be nice if we have evidence of Australia/ New Zealand aid for chernarus because the standard service rifle is the AUG A2 and our pistol is the P226.

The standard issue pistol for the ADF is the Browning Hi-Power or L9A1, a semi-automatic 9MM pistol with a standard magazine holding 13rds plus 1 in the chamber.

The wiki article is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Hi-Power

Edited by Dchil

I don't like this gun because I have no idea what it is trying to be.

It says hunting rifle but it's breakbarrel and looks like an under over shotgun.

It's a breakaction rifle, nothing to radical.

And to the OP, none of those. It's about what makes sense for the setting. don't mean to be a dayz hipster but the flare gun is the only suggestion i can go with

I saw a thing on reddit that was a revolver with an oil filter on the barrel and a flashlight on the handle.

Obviously an oil filter suppressor wouldn't work on a revolver but its the kind of customisation I would like to see in the SA.

Actually a suppressor can work on a nagant revolver (plently of those in the eastern block) because of it's design, which is a gas sealing. There is no gap between the cylinder and barrel. The entire cylinder (unique to the nagant) moves foward to bridge the usual gap, add this tightness to your normal case expansion during firing this means no gas escapes back out the gap which makes a suppressor effective because the gas can only exit via the muzzle.

A suppressed nagant should be added and should be one of the rarest items in the game! Twoud be epic.

Edited by Trizzo

NZ uses P226

Sorry, it just seemed like you were saying that the ADF has it as their standard issue as well as the NZ standard issue. Just didn't want misconceptions spreading.

Sorry, it just seemed like you were saying that the ADF has it as their standard issue as well as the NZ standard issue. Just didn't want misconceptions spreading.

Well, I didn't know what Australia used so its good to know and Australian troops would probably be more common :)

Well, I didn't know what Australia used so its good to know and Australian troops would probably be more common :)

Britain and other commonwealth nations use/used it. But Britain has moved to the Glock 17/19 and i have no idea what Canada is up to (the only commonwealth nations that i know of other than Australia).

Britain and other commonwealth nations use/used it. But Britain has moved to the Glock 17/19 and i have no idea what Canada is up to (the only commonwealth nations that i know of other than Australia).

I want a glock back.

This actually looks confirmed for the standalone. Looks.

I like how it gives a nod to the Kozlice of Operation Flashpoint.

That looks like a Perazzi MX8, not a hunting rifle. From the perspective of the image, it looks like the barrel is shorter than an actual MX8 though. (Maybe it's a Sawed-Off version or a completely different weapon)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

That looks like a Perazzi MX8, not a hunting rifle. From the perspective of the image, it looks like the barrel is shorter than an actual MX8 though. (Maybe it's a Sawed-Off version or a completely different weapon)

Note the express sights... not exactly needed on a shotgun... bottom barrel is significantly smaller in diameter... also note the receiver looks designed to accept some kind of scope mount...

It looks more along the lines of this Krieghoff to me although clearly not the same...

K8EqtOE.png

A flare gun would be awesome!

Note the express sights... not exactly needed on a shotgun... bottom barrel is significantly smaller in diameter... also note the receiver looks designed to accept some kind of scope mount...

It looks more along the lines of this Krieghoff to me although clearly not the same...

K8EqtOE.png

Ah, I couldn't exactly tell from the way the photo was shown, but that DOES look like a sort of customized Krieghoff K-80. 

The K-80 is very modifiable, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is.

I really hope they don't start making fictional guns :|

(But it is still a shotgun, unlike how the page calls it a hunting rifle)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

S&W 500

I really don't like any of those other guns

Also kind of looks like a BRNO 802

5NrFSRe.png

brno_802.jpg

The K-80 is very modifiable, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is.

I really hope they don't start making fictional guns :|

(But it is still a shotgun, unlike how the page calls it a hunting rifle)

Still looks like a combination gun to me, shotgun top, rifle bottom...

URVTcGr.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

Also kind of looks like a BRNO 802

5NrFSRe.png

Still looks like a combination gun to me, shotgun top, rifle bottom...

I guess we'll just have to wait for the standalone (Or whatever update this gun comes in) to see what it's called. 

cwr2_kozlice.JPG

gms_koclize_1_6824.jpg

An old acquaintance from OFP...practically there before most ArmA 2 players were even "born into gaming".

Edited by Enforcer

S&W 500

I really don't like any of those other guns

Unrealistic, I made a massive post on all the firearms in the OP's post on the 2nd page about why they shouldn't be in the game except the flare gun, uzi and a semiauto version of the CZ75.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

Unrealistic, I made a massive post on all the firearms in the OP's post on the 2nd page about why they shouldn't be in the game except the flare gun, uzi and a semiauto version of the CZ75.

I still think the AUG would make sense :P

And the CZ-75 WILL be in the game, there was a screenshot of it at one of the big gaming events (Can't remember which one)

Alright, I found out what the "hunting rifle" in standalone is. It's a Blaser B95 or B97 Luxus. Even the engraving on the receiver is identical.

S60N1m8.png

Seeing as this is a multi-thousand dollar gun (prices from 4000 to almost 6000 Euros) I hope it is extremely rare and not sitting in the back of every dilapidated farm house...

The B95 is a combination rifle, the B97 is a double rifle.

The shotgun barrels come in 12 or 20 gauge.

The rifle barrels come in .22 Hornet through 9.3x74R.

5VG13wm.jpg

Personally I hope they go the combination route, more interesting. As for caliber I would like 7x57, 8x57 or the 9.3.

• Like 1

No TOZ-66, or TOZ-34?!

Fort-12 would be nice.

6P9/

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER! YOUR OPINION ISN'T NEEDED. :P

Oh and you mention the CZ-75 doing 899 blood damage.   That system is terribly obsolete and the SA system will be better.

If I can't  pacify someone not wearing body armor with three center of mass hits from my 9x18, 9x19, .380 ACP, or .45 ACP/11.43x23 pistol or SMG, I am going to have a serious problem.  

Those calibers are the most effective ever made, but three shots would surely be enough to put someone on the floor.

Gews and I have debated about this countless times haha