Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Building a new rig when the parts get here... putting everything together myself, hopefully this thing will run it... Here we go...

Not sure on what screen resolution I will run, 1080 or better likely.

Case - Rosewill Challenger ATX Case, 1-140mm fan, 4-120mm fans

GPU - MSI GTX 660 2GB DDR5 PCIe 3.0

CPU - Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz 1155

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 CrossfireX

HD - WD 1TB 7200rpm SATA6 64B Cache

Memory - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2X4) 1600MHZ DDR3 PC3-12800

OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Among some other niceties... Will be running via HDMI to my wide screen HD TV. Should get interesting. :D

Hi guys, my friend is trying to download DayZ, but i don't know if he can run the game without any lag or issues, so i'm doing this topic to ask you guys some suggestions to say to me if he's able or not to run the game.

So my friend got:

- Graphic Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400

- Processor: Inte® Pentium® Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 Ghz

Any suggestions are welcome please ;)

I'd stick to mineweeper with that meaning no chance of running dayz

Building a new rig when the parts get here... putting everything together myself, hopefully this thing will run it... Here we go...

Not sure on what screen resolution I will run, 1080 or better likely.

Case - Rosewill Challenger ATX Case, 1-140mm fan, 4-120mm fans

GPU - MSI GTX 660 2GB DDR5 PCIe 3.0

CPU - Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz 1155

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4 CrossfireX

HD - WD 1TB 7200rpm SATA6 64B Cache

Memory - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2X4) 1600MHZ DDR3 PC3-12800

OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Among some other niceties... Will be running via HDMI to my wide screen HD TV. Should get interesting. :D

Very high settings about 30 in citys and 40 outside that's a great rig :D

Uhm, i got more 2 friends that want to play DayZ with me. One is offline so i dont know his computer specs but the other one got:

Graphic Card:ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Cor CPU E6300 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz

Other one i'll say later :)

Thanks ittzisamx, I spent about a week doing research on what would run DayZ very well without totally breaking the bank... Obviously you can always spend more, but I think this rig, being built myself, pound for pound should do pretty well.

LOW SPECS?

You might be surprised to find out you can still play DayZ!

I took a crack at Arma 2/Arma 2:Op Arrow/DayZ months ago but couldn't get it working.

I blamed my specs and my inability to install it correctly.

Recently I tried again and the only thing that changed was a 500gb HDD and new OS (Vista).

Run it on LOW settings in game. Set everything to low/very low. (I play 800x600 both res and 3d res)

Optimize you OS for performance. If you use Windows, use a classic theme and get rid of any effects that eat up power.

Have nothing else running when playing the game.

My specs are fairly outdated by a substantial margin:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/5/2013, 17:21:02

Machine name: mycomputer

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/10/07 20:21:33 Ver: 08.00.12

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 2955MB used, 1389MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9589)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Display Memory: 1275 MB

Dedicated Memory: 508 MB

Shared Memory: 767 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

DDI Version: 10

BGRA Supported: Yes

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Edited by RoyBloggins

Uhm i got my other friends computer specs, so im going to post both of my friends computer specs:

First One:

Graphic Card - ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Processor - Pentium ® Dual-Cor CPU E6300 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz

Other Friend:

Graphic Card - pentium ® dual - core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

Processor - Nvidia Geforce 310 M

:)

Uhm i got my other friends computer specs, so im going to post both of my friends computer specs:

First One:

Graphic Card - ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Processor - Pentium ® Dual-Cor CPU E6300 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz

Other Friend:

Graphic Card - pentium ® dual - core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

Processor - Nvidia Geforce 310 M

:)

Nope and nope.

I3 2120, GT430 dual-fan 1gb GDDR3, 4gb DDR3 RAM.

Edit: I'm interested if the DayZ SA will run, I haven't bought Arma 2, yet, and don't plan on doing so, since I only want it for DayZ. I can run Arma 2 pretty decent, but OA runs like a bitch, even on low :/.

Edited by Hecknn

Interesting, i got same specs as my friend and i just run DayZ with 35-40 FPS

Please teach me master, for I fail to play DayZ with that much FPS, on lowest settings.

I'm really surprised by how some people are able to run this game on incredibly low specs.

I tried, DayZ, on my current laptop a while back and it ran pretty well whilst outside cities, but dropped drastically in frame rate whilst inside cities. This was great because I could still play the game, but couldn't get in on any of the action that usually happens in and around these places.

Here are the specs of my current laptop:

CPU: Pentium Dual Core - T4200 (2.0 GHZ)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 4350 1GB

RAM: 4Gb

Like I said, this will run on very low settings, and is mainly let down by the weak processing speed. Another major problem is the fact that I was trying to use a laptop to play too. As many others have said in this thread, laptops aren't usually a great idea for gaming. Obviously this isn't the case for EVERY laptop and I'm sure many players manage just fine with one. I had a queue of people waiting to dry their hair using the fans on my laptop.

My advice would be to check through the posts in this thread, and compare your own specs to those of others with similar systems to your own, then to check whether people have given it the green light to go play or not. People who answer your questions, have had experience with the game and what it requires, and they're usually correct.

The other option would be to just test it out for yourself and see how it goes!

Please teach me master, for I fail to play DayZ with that much FPS, on lowest settings.

Im not talking to you..

I'm really surprised by how some people are able to run this game on incredibly low specs.

I tried, DayZ, on my current laptop a while back and it ran pretty well whilst outside cities, but dropped drastically in frame rate whilst inside cities. This was great because I could still play the game, but couldn't get in on any of the action that usually happens in and around these places.

Here are the specs of my current laptop:

CPU: Pentium Dual Core - T4200 (2.0 GHZ)

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon 4350 1GB

RAM: 4Gb

Like I said, this will run on very low settings, and is mainly let down by the weak processing speed. Another major problem is the fact that I was trying to use a laptop to play too. As many others have said in this thread, laptops aren't usually a great idea for gaming. Obviously this isn't the case for EVERY laptop and I'm sure many players manage just fine with one. I had a queue of people waiting to dry their hair using the fans on my laptop.

My advice would be to check through the posts in this thread, and compare your own specs to those of others with similar systems to your own, then to check whether people have given it the green light to go play or not. People who answer your questions, have had experience with the game and what it requires, and they're usually correct.

The other option would be to just test it out for yourself and see how it goes!

Yea, but i'm saying that i got almost the same computer specs as my friend and i can run DayZ so good...

Edited by Fatal Frame

Yea, but i'm saying that i got almost the same computer specs as my friend and i can run DayZ so good...

That's why I say i'm surprised by the way some peoples computers are more capable of running the game than others. It seems that sometimes it's the combination of hardware you have that decides how well you'll be able to run the game.

If your friend has the same specs as you do, then you should get him to try it out and see if it works. That's all I suggest.

I'm not good with computer specs and stuff so can some 1 tell me if this computer will be able to play dayz at any settings at at least 30 fps? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5d4063a95c Thanks :beans: :beans: :emptycan: :emptycan:

It's likely to be able to play on low settings. You may have frame rate issues whilst in major cities though.

Thanks do you have any suggestions for a better one at the same price? :beans: :emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

Edited by thecocoman

Im not talking to you..

I was asking for help, but sure, go ahead, be an asshole.

Thanks do you have any suggestions for a better one at the same price? :beans: :emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

To be honest, it's a pretty good rig for the price you're paying for it. I doubt you'll be able to get much better for around the same price, unless you know where to buy the parts cheaply.

I've seen some people post up some pretty good builds which are capable of running, DayZ. I'm not an expert with building PCs so you'd be better off asking them.

The only reason I say you may drop FPS in bigger cities, is because my old build was similar to that one and it struggled in these places. Saying that though, it's got a better processor.

I3 2120, GT430 dual-fan 1gb GDDR3, 4gb DDR3 RAM.

Edit: I'm interested if the DayZ SA will run, I haven't bought Arma 2, yet, and don't plan on doing so, since I only want it for DayZ. I can run Arma 2 pretty decent, but OA runs like a bitch, even on low :/.

help?

Ok i'm gonna get it thanks for the info! BTW what fps did you get? :beans: :emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

Edited by thecocoman

Okay so i am ordering my new build tonight or tomorrow i will be building so here is the specs please tell me any improvements as this is only my second build i would like to run dayz on high at an average of 60fps with a resolution of 1920x1080

Intel i5 3570k

gigabyte 770gtx 2gb OC

corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3

WD 7200rpm 1tb hard drive

MSI Z77A-GD65

750w PSU

Windows 7

Edited by TacticalTiger74

Okay so i am ordering my new build tonight or tomorrow i will be building so here is the specs please tell me any improvements as this is only my second build i would like to run dayz on high at an average of 60fps with a resolution of 1920x1080

Intel i5 3570k

gigabyte 770gtx 2gb OC

corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3

WD 7200rpm 1tb hard drive

MSI Z77A-GD65

750w PSU

Windows 7

Dude you will never get 60fps unless you have an i7 etc you will get a solid 40 fps outside citys and 30fps inside

Dude you will never get 60fps unless you have an i7 etc you will get a solid 40 fps outside citys and 30fps inside

Calm the f*ck down, the game is really CPU intensive, now what? He has a strong enough Ivy Bridge unlocked CPU which can be overclocked very easily. My advice - order one of the best air coolers if you don't want to go with water cooling.