Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Hello! I would like to know if I can run DayZ...

So I have all the recommended settings except the processor speed that don´t even reach minimum settings it is an Intel Core i3-2365m CPU @ 1.40 GHz... So can I play it with, at least 20/25 Fps on very low / low settings?

Edited by turbine1998

My new PC will be arriving in a few days and I'm wondering what kind of settings i could run dayz on and what fps i would get:

Fractal Design Define R4 Low Noise Case - Black Pearl

Intel Core i5 3570K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.4GHz

Akasa Nero Quiet CPU Cooler

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard

Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Graphics Card

16GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)

120GB Samsung 840 Series Solid State Drive

1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps x2

LG Blu-Ray ReWriter

Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

24" Asus VS247H Widescreen LED Monitor

My new PC will be arriving in a few days and I'm wondering what kind of settings i could run dayz on and what fps i would get:

LG Blu-Ray ReWriter

You could play on max settings lol but be carefull with overclock! You don´t want you processor to melt xD

You could play on max settings lol but be carefull with overclock! You don´t want you processor to melt xD

Thanks and its being built by Chillblast so hopefully with all there awards they know how to overclock safely

I Can get this as my next pc. Can I run DayZ?

Desktop
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: AMD FX 6300

Graphics card: MSI GT440 1GB
RAM : 8GB, 1333mhx
SSD? No.

Desktop

SSD? No.

Your going to struggle I'm afraid chief. Even on the lowest if settings.

LG Blu-Ray ReWriter

You will not able to overclock to 4.4ghz on 3570k on air cooler especially on that low end cooler. You need atleast high end closed loop watercooler to get stable temp at 4.5ghz. Ivybridge get very HOT compared to sandybridge. You could get maybe do 4.4ghz with noctua nh-d14 or similair class coolers. my 4770k Get around 80-90 temps on a h100 closed loop watercooler on 4.5ghz.

And the cheap z77 board might not even push to 4.4ghz at all stable due to not having much cpu power phases , 4+1. you might not even get 4.4ghz stable. but most likely 4.0/4.2ghz.

But on your rig you will able to squeeze 50-60fps in towns with OC to 4.4ghz on very high. Don't overdo the settings though like anti-aliasing wich seems to be extremely cpu stressing.

Edited by monoking

Desktop

SSD? No.

With that card u won't able to run on Full HD. Swap the Fx6300 for i3. Don't fall for amd fake 6 core marketing.

*oops double posted* maybe mod could merge my post :D?*

Edited by monoking
  • Like 1

With that card u won't able to run on Full HD. Swap the Fx6300 for i3. Don't fall for amd fake 6 core marketing.

*oops double posted* maybe mod could merge my post :D?*

You seem to have something against amd. Why?

I don't have something against AMD. They just can't compete against intel these days. Their supposed to be flagship Amd fx8350 is a joke compared to i5 3570k.

Since this game won't properly utilize more then 2 cores u will get worse performance on a fx6300, Especially with it's fake 6 core design. 2 cores in 1 module with 2 integer and 1 fpu unit.

A fx6300 might be better overal but not for DAYZ in this case since the game is not optimized to properly utilize all its core. If it would, then this game wouldn't bottleneck my cpu with only 50% cpu usage.

See what i'm saying? http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/57615-amd-vishera-fx-6300-fx-4300-review-10.html

Edited by monoking

I.bought a p75-d3 gpu for the computer im building, is that good to run dayz on highest settings and be able to record

Thats a motherboard..... :l

I want to upgrade my pc and i was wondering what kind of FPS i could expect. Im used to around 15 (hardly playable). The Build i want is this http://www.pbtech.co...5--Quad-Core-3. and i will put a GTX 650 OC in it. What kind of FPS could i expect??

(if you cant be bothered looking at the link the specs are:)

i5 4430 3.0 Ghz

8gb DDR3 1600Mhz RAM

Cooler Master Thunder 500w PSU

GTX 650 OC 1 gb DDR5

Thanks

30+ FPS on normal settings.

What settings could I play on to get 30+ FPS in a city with this rig

Intel core i5370k

Nvidia gtx 660 2Gb

8GB ram

1TB hard drive

What settings could I play on to get 30+ FPS in a city with this rig

Intel core i5370k

Nvidia gtx 660 2Gb

8GB ram

1TB hard drive

Very high, with the more graphics intensive things (antialiasing, object detail etc.) dropped down to high or normal.

Edited by mZLY

Desktop 64 bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel Core I5 3.2 GHz
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
RAM: 8 GB
SSD? - Yes,120 GB and I also have HDD

I don't have something against AMD. They just can't compete against intel these days. Their supposed to be flagship Amd fx8350 is a joke compared to i5 3570k.

Since this game won't properly utilize more then 2 cores u will get worse performance on a fx6300, Especially with it's fake 6 core design. 2 cores in 1 module with 2 integer and 1 fpu unit.

A fx6300 might be better overal but not for DAYZ in this case since the game is not optimized to properly utilize all its core. If it would, then this game wouldn't bottleneck my cpu with only 50% cpu usage.

See what i'm saying? http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/57615-amd-vishera-fx-6300-fx-4300-review-10.html

:facepalm:

Not everyone is rich and can afford intel CPUs

And the 8350 is perfectly fine for gaming, it actually beat the 3570k in many games and programs. Just because you read something in an article does not make it true 

Indeed. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a massive Intel fanboy, but the FX-8350 is a really strong contender.

Desktop 64 bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: Intel Core I5 3.2 GHz
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
RAM: 8 GB
SSD? - Yes,120 GB and I also have HDD

Yeah, will run fine on medium settings. Install both ArmA games to the SSD if possible. :)

Right now these are my specs and i think the only thing wrong with it, is my processor.

Desktop or laptop? Desktop
Screen resolution: 1280 * 720

CPU: AMD phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.40 Ghz
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti EVGA 1G
RAM: 8 Gb
SSD? If you mean storage, i have 1 Tb

Im think of getting a 

AMD FX-4350 Vishera 4.2GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Quad-Core processor.

What would my FPS If i kept my computer the same and what would it be if i got that new processor?

20-30 fps currently is my guess but im not sure how much the new cpu will improve performance. Although it should help alot

Hey guys, I need your opinions of these laptops. I know I know, for the same price I could build a rig, I was about to build one for ~1k, but I'm going to be moving + travelling around a lot, and until I settle down, I don't want to build one just yet.

These laptops I'm posting don't have a 3.0 GHz processors, and I've looked into it, and to even get a laptop that has a 3.0 GHz processor, you need to spend upwards of 3k, which is obviously stupid. However it looks like each of these can be overclocked above 3.0 GHz, so will that solve the problem? 

Sager np8235

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8235-clevo-p151sm1-p-5840.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cach 

- NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 770M (3.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 

Lenovo 510p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y510p-59375625-eta-midaugust-p-6166.html

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 750M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Lenovo 500p

http://www.xoticpc.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59359560-p-6052.html

- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i5-3230M (2.6-3.2GHz, 3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 35W Max TDP)

SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT 650M (4.0GB total) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11

Posted the relevant specs. First off since DayZ is processor intensive, will the Y500p run the game the best without overclocking since it has a 2.6 GHz processor? The Sager is most expensive, but has the best video card. The Lenovo 510p has a slightly lower quality video card, plus with SLI graphics I might get microstuttering on lower FPS, for example in Cherno. However if this really isn't a big deal, I would rather save 200 bucks and just get the Lenovo 510p.

Any suggestions? Thanks.