Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

I've just orderd this setup how many fps n what settings should i play on??

Gigabyte GA970a ddr3 motherboard

AMD A8/6600k CPU

Ati rad hd 7770 gddr5 GPU

Corsair 2x 4gb ram

650w psu

Thanks

AMD A8/6600k CPU

Corsair 2x 4gb ram

650w psu

Thanks

About 30 FPS in cities and 40-50 everywhere else on medium/high.

AMD A8/6600k CPU

Corsair 2x 4gb ram

650w psu

Thanks

16-19 fps in cities 20-30 outside

Whatshould I change then i need to buy the gpu and CPU still both costing me £95 each?

Tip for you I take it your in the UK? Use Flubit.com they get you the cheapest price for everything, If I where you I would get a FX 6300 CPU about £80. Also a 7790 or a 7850 7790 can be had for around £95 and 7850 can be had for around £120.

Ahh sorry I assumed you where building from scratch, The 6600k APU is a decent CPU/GPU combo. The 7770 is fine but not great. But you will be able to play DayZ at medium/high with around 30 FPS in the big cities and about 40-50 everywhere else. If your happy with them FPS then the system is absolutely fine. You may have to lower AA down to low.

& will it be good for the stand alone or should I buy a diff part??

I think the SA will be more optimized than Arma 2 so hopefully will be getting frames.

specs_zpsf84d8562.png

Will my computer run it?

Well you didn't list your GPU, but no, it doesn't not look like you will be able to run the game with that processor.

Can i run it?

Intel core i3

4GB ram

geforce Gts 450

Yes but with low FPS.. not playable :P

Maybe medium 30-ish FPS. In some cases you'll struggle more. If you can though, go with a desktop PC, preferably custom built. 

What's the price of that laptop? 

Can you specify the GPU a little more? 

Well I just tried it and I can run with everything on ultra, with 0 fps drop and a frame rate of 60 - 120 depending of my computer settings :oo I can run Arma III on high as well, thank for the help though !

Well I just tried it and I can run with everything on ultra, with 0 fps drop and a frame rate of 60 - 120 depending of my computer settings :oo I can run Arma III on high as well, thank for the help though !

Its different for everyone.. arma 2 is very tempremental tbh :p

But good for you that you can run it well.

Pics or it didn't happen. Not buying this. 

After Downloading the game and tweaking with the settings on normal too high i have a very succesful FPS in towns 32+ and forested areas 50+.

google Day Z increase FPS and a player MORNING AFTERKILL has provided a trick in the config files. very easy messing with your in game video options makes a world of difference as well anywho ya its not click and play for computers like mine give it time and tweak to satisfaction. Hope this helped! BTW 300$ Shelf Computer stock.

Hi, ive been checking this out for a bit and from the looks of it i may be able to play Day Z.

Not extremely Computer savy, just dont know what i can improve and with what device Ect...

Desktop

AMD Dual-core A4-3420 2.8 GHz APU with radeon 6410D Integrated graphics

4GB ddr3 ramm

1 T hard drive

64 bit OS

300W PS

anything i should do or can i run on at least normal?

Thank you in advance!

hmmmm, thought so, i know i can over clock it and add a fan for insurance purposes. but with getting a graphics cards beings mine is integrated doeasnt that mean i have to pretty much start from scatch and go for a all round stronger build? or can i just slap a hd 7770 radeon in this puppy and lets rock? keep in mind that i dont worry about the graphics to much im fine on normal or even low. but i do have a decent pocket book if i must. thank you very much for the responce i know everybody wants to ask but in my borderline case i thought i might check. b ARMA 2 by itslelf runs smooth on normal+. just want it to run...

Pics or it didn't happen. Not buying this. 

My laptop is an asus g53s ( the  17'3 one ), on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri it say I can run arma III on high settings. I don't see why you would need a SS, but I can provide one if needed of my playing wasteland or something. I can even stream if I lower the settings on the shadows, with my specs it cost over 1400$ new :x

Edited by iluvcheat

After Downloading the game and tweaking with the settings on normal too high i have a very succesful FPS in towns 32+ and forested areas 50+.

google Day Z increase FPS and a player MORNING AFTERKILL has provided a trick in the config files. very easy messing with your in game video options makes a world of difference as well anywho ya its not click and play for computers like mine give it time and tweak to satisfaction. Hope this helped! BTW 300$ Shelf Computer stock.

bullshit get a fraps counter up

Indeed, it's an i7 @ 2Ghz and a GTX 460m 1.5Gb. No chance it's running ARMA 2 and DayZ mod maxed, basically.

Please don't post misinformation as it confuses the people that would actually like to know how the game will perform on their system.

Edited by mZLY