Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Pounds£££

Is that just for the desktop or the monitor aswell?

Do you have any parts from old PCs that you could carry over? (Case, hard-drives, DVD/Blu-Ray drives etc.)

If you stretch to the upper limit of your budget and shop around you could probably get an i5 3570k, P8Z77-V motherboard, 8Gb of decent RAM (I'd go for Corsair Vengeance or Kingston HyperX) and a GTX 660Ti. Would run DayZ and anything else pretty damn well.

You could go for an AMD CPU and save a few quid if you don't already have any useable parts, the FX-8350 is also pretty damn good.

• Like 1

Thanks,but wouldn't I for the i7 seen as there like £552??

Most i7s are just i5s with hyper-threading, which isn't helpful at all for gaming, and a heftier price tag. The i5 3570k is better than the majority of i7 CPUs, until you get to the i7 3770k and above.

• Like 1

Most i7s are just i5s with hyper-threading, which isn't helpful at all for gaming, and a heftier price tag. The i5 3570k is better than the majority of i7 CPUs, until you get to the i7 3770k and above.

Indeed, it's an i7 @ 2Ghz and a GTX 460m 1.5Gb. No chance it's running ARMA 2 and DayZ mod maxed, basically.

Please don't post misinformation as it confuses the people that would actually like to know how the game will perform on their system.

Me ?O_O I have a GTX 560m 2gb and a 2ghz i7 that goes up for 3.4 with boost.

green_checkmark.gif CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.5 GHz You Have: Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest CPU drivers.     blue_i.gif CPU Speed Minimum: Info You Have: 2.0 GHz       green_checkmark.gif RAM Minimum: 1 GB You Have: 13 GB       green_checkmark.gif OS Minimum: Windows XP or Vista You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Windows drivers.     green_checkmark.gif Video Card Minimum: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM You Have: GeForce GTX 560M drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Video Card drivers.   Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card     Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 2.1 GB green_checkmark.gif Sound Card Minimum: Yes You Have: P??riph??rique High Definition Audio drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/dayz-mod/11404?p=a

I have more than enought to run it ( that's the rminimum recommended build, which i got way over )

Edited by iluvcheat

Me ?O_O I have a GTX 560m 2gb and a 2ghz i7 that goes up for 3.4 with boost.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/dayz-mod/11404?p=a

I have more than enought to run it ( that's the rminimum recommended build, which i got way over )

Well you posted the wrong model then...

First off I don't believe it boosts by 1.4Ghz, most boost by around 0.5Ghz, and secondly you only get anywhere near the full boost if only one core is in use. When all 4 cores are in use you get something like a 200mhz boost.

The Can You Run It? minimum requirements are the minimum required to open ARMA 2 without getting an error message, it's generally really bad practice to rely on them.

And even so, the 560m will not run anywhere near max settings. It'll run somewhere between 'normal' and 'high'.

Edited by mZLY

Well you posted the wrong model then...

First off I don't believe it boosts by 1.4Ghz, most boost by around 0.5Ghz, and secondly you only get anywhere near the full boost if only one core is in use. When all 4 cores are in use you get something like a 200mhz boost.

The Can You Run It? minimum requirements are the minimum required to open ARMA 2 without getting an error message, it's generally really bad practice to rely on them.

And even so, the 560m will not run anywhere near max settings. It'll run somewhere between 'normal' and 'high'.

Add me on skype or something, I,ll show you I can run it with everything on ultra ( maybe shadow set at medium or high, but I can put it to ultra as well ). I swear I can run arma II on ultra with more than playable fps .-. 

My skype is ucheat. with the dot

And I said g53s serie:o There's a lot of g53, mine's the 17'3 one though, and that one is alone, with a 560m graphic card ( which i plan to upgrade eventually though ahah ), plus my computer lie to me so yeah, it say 12gb ram, but it show 13gb ram etc, so maybe it,s broken or something and the card isn,T even right xd

Edited by iluvcheat

A screenshot with Fraps FPS counter would suffice. Sadly I don't have time for this, lol.

A screenshot with Fraps FPS counter would suffice. Sadly I don't have time for this, lol.

I don'T have fraps / teamviewer, that's why I wanted to use skype with my ipod so show you my screen and like 1-2 minutes of my running around D: Hey, I'm having good will here ! If anyone want to come on skype to confirm that I can run it on ultra it would be much appreciated, I dislike you guys not believing in my asus !:(

Edited by iluvcheat

Acer Aspire 5553g

AMD Phenom II X4 N950

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (2048MB VRAM)

8GB DDR3

same question for Arma 3, ty.

You would be lucky to get 15 fps on dayz.. And on arma 3 it would be even lower.

Damn u were right, from 60 fps on Arma 2 we went down on 15 fps on Dayz, thats too bad. Is there anything I can do to play this smoothly? Or I've wasted 20e? :/

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard Technology

Intel Ivy Bridge I5 3470 CPU

1tb Sata Hard Drive

8gb DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb GDDR5 With HDMI

Zalman Z9 U3 Gaming Case

24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

750 Watt Branded Power Supply

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard Technology

Intel Ivy Bridge I5 3470 CPU

1tb Sata Hard Drive

8gb DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2gb GDDR5 With HDMI

Zalman Z9 U3 Gaming Case

24x Dual Layer Sata DVD Writer

750 Watt Branded Power Supply

Medium to high settings 20-40 fps im guessing.