Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

Thinking of building a new rig on a less than £1000 budget, these are the specs for it currently, it costs £850 to build this machine and I'm wondering what kind of frame rate to expect?

Here are the Specs:

Intel i7 3770 - (4 x 3.4 GHZ)

Corsair 8GB XMS3

700W PSU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 3 GB (Superclocked)

Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V (Motherboard)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1

750 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB

My current specs (Averaging about 30-45 fps on medium-high settings or 20-35 on servers with many custom scripts):

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

750 GB hard drive

What do you guys think? :D

Edited by Ellesmere

Here's my Computer's Specs : http://prntscr.com/18bjli

Here's my video card : http://prntscr.com/18elm4

If I can't run Dayz with those Specs and I need to get a better computer, can someone please tell me what Specs I would need to run Dayz on Normal/High settings?

Thanks

Hi! you pc wouldent run on even very low settings it would still be laggy to get decent fps buy something like an i5 then you could run it on high I would go for an i5 3570k and get a better gfx card for a low price get a gtx 640 or a 7770 or if your really low on money for ur gfx just get intel hd 4000 built in with a motherboard :)

Thinking of building a new rig on a less than £1000 budget, these are the specs for it currently, it costs £850 to build this machine and I'm wondering what kind of frame rate to expect?

Here are the Specs:

Intel i7 3770 - (4 x 3.4 GHZ)

Corsair 8GB XMS3

700W PSU

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 - 3 GB (Superclocked)

Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V (Motherboard)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1

750 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 RPM 16MB

My current specs (Averaging about 30-45 fps on medium-high settings or 20-35 on servers with many custom scripts):

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

750 GB hard drive

What do you guys think? :D

That's a great system dude basically max settings for smooth fps enjooooooy :D

Hey guys, I am fairly new to PC gaming, just wanted to know whether my specs are alright to play DayZ:

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

HDD: TOSHIBA MK3276GSXN SATA (Disk Drive)

Memory: 6144 MB RAM

Sorry guys that's all I know :/

Hey guys, I am fairly new to PC gaming, just wanted to know whether my specs are alright to play DayZ:

Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

HDD: TOSHIBA MK3276GSXN SATA (Disk Drive)

Memory: 6144 MB RAM

Sorry guys that's all I know :/

On low you could but with really bad FPS. I take it your on a newbook? Honestly just build your self a cheap gaming pc.

On low you could but with really bad FPS. I take it your on a newbook? Honestly just build your self a cheap gaming pc.

Bummer, yeah I've been considering doing that for a while. I think that will be my only option if I want it on high with good FPS.

Thank you!

Thought I would make a post for people on a extremely tight budget. Here is a spec I helped a friend build a few weeks back for the money he is extremely pleased with it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800k CPU (its a CPU with built in graphics) very good for the price. Price is £100 but places like Amazon have it for £96.

Motherboard: AsRock FM2A55M-DGS (its cheap and does the job) £41 at amazon.

RAM: 4gb Kingston KVR16N11S8/4 1600mhz (its cheap and does the job £26 at amazon.

PSU: 500w Coolermaster Elite (more than enough for this build) £30 at amazon.

Hard Drive: Any 3.5 Sata hard drives will do. Amazon sell 320gb for around £22.

Case: Any case will do so lets say £15

DVD drive Any SATA drive will do £13

So for that build your looking at around £245 for that build. My friends was cheaper since he all ready had a spare hdd and dvd drive. He is currently playing DayZ at a decent FPS at 1080p on medium settings with no dedicated hard drive. He has ordered a 7850 which will help the system out a lot. But that current build will be fine for most games at decent settings at 1080p or 720p. Again adding a dedicated graphics card will be a massive improvement . Even putting in a £100 7790 will be a great choice. If you don't have the money right now again this build alone will be fine. So you can always get a cheap graphics card later on.

Please note: You will also need a OS. If you want to go Windows then if you really want to be cheap then ebay sellers sell OEM Windows XP (legit) for £16 or windows 7 for around £40.

Edited by ocelot20
  • Like 1

You should go for the new 6800k instead. Its IGPU(8760D) is said to be equal to a 7750 in terms of performance. For a budget build, that's pretty damn solid.

Edited by Cap'n

I was going to suggest the 6800k. I have not read all that much about them just yet. I have only read 3 or 4 reviews at the moment and 2 of them say it is a improvement but not to much for the extra money in this case £20. If people can get one between £100-£110 then sure go for the 6800k.

Another suggestion for the 5800k is you can crossfire it with a cheap £40 6670 for better performance. Am not sure how good the performance will be. But I can vouch for the 6670. I had this card for about 9 months last year. I had this card when I first started playing Dayz. I was playing in 1080p on high settings (no AA low shadows) with 40+ FPS. I would imagine crossfiring a 6670 with the 5800k will give you the same performance of a 7750 maybe a little bit better.

I play with Very High settings. It doesn't matter if I drop them, cuz I still get lag spikes

CPU > i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz

GPU > MSI (Nvidia) Geforce GTX 660 Twin Frozr III 2GB GDDR5 / OC

RAM > 4GB

HDD > 232GB :D

OS > Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I play with Very High settings. It doesn't matter if I drop them, cuz I still get lag spikes

CPU > i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz

GPU > MSI (Nvidia) Geforce GTX 660 Twin Frozr III 2GB GDDR5 / OC

RAM > 4GB

HDD > 232GB :D

OS > Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

yes you can

get a gtx 640 or a 7770 or if your really low on money for ur gfx just get intel hd 4000 built in with a motherboard :)

do not get a GTX 640 a 7750 is about the same as a 650 so why would he go for a 640?

Get a 7770

I know that my CPU will run it ok and have enough RAM. Core i5 3570K @ 4.0 gHz and 8 GB of 1600 DDR3 (Upgrading to 12 or 16 GB soon). I have an old SATA 250 GB HDD which I'm looking forward to upgrade to a SSD. Have 3 TB combined in the backup drives, but I didn't set them up for cache swap, nor I believe it will be needed.

The GPU is my only concern. I have an old Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 overclocked from 675 core/ 1800 mem (3600 mHz effective) to 810/1950 (3900 mHz). The overclock is with the card's stock voltages and pretty stable but I don't know how graphics intensive Arma II and by extension, DayZ will be. In the experience of those who have played, what framerate should I expect? I made this machine for Skyrim and since I finished it I played Minecraft or even Gamecube emulation occasionally. I was thinking on buying a GTX 660 Ti or an AMD HD 7950. Any recommendations will be welcome. :)

Also, I haven't bought Arma II and the expansion because I have been holding out for the standalone release. I think it may not be worth it, even more when I have read that the mod has become stagnant. :/

do not get a GTX 640 a 7750 is about the same as a 650 so why would he go for a 640?

Get a 7770

dude that makes no sense a 640 I for low money -_- you don't need a 650 to max dayz you can have a 640 and max dayz aslong as you have a good cpu

dude that makes no sense a 640 I for low money -_- you don't need a 650 to max dayz you can have a 640 and max dayz aslong as you have a good cpu

dayz is cpu intensive but its not wholly based on the cpu you need a decent gpu you need over a 650 to max

but why I still have lag spikes?

everyone gets lag spikes mate high pop servers will do it

Yeah no. I had an EVGA 560ti Ultra Classified and the 640 would be a step down for me, let alone alone not enough for anyone else for this game. I had everything on high and I would hit the occasional FPS hits in towns pretty bad.

Don't get a 640 or even a 650. Go with a 560ti or 660 or higher.

Edited by ThrobbinCorncob

Hey, my brother has gone off to college and he's left his PC for me. Its an older rig, but I'm curious as to what settings I could achieve.

Specs;

CPU- Intel Core i7 920 overclocked(not sure how much q.q)

GPU- 2x GTX 460's in SLI, 1768 MB video ram(1.7 gbs)

RAM- Crosair XMS3 8gb DDR3 1333 MHz

MOBO- Intel LGA 775 EXTREME Motherboard

PSU- 800 watt, not sure what brand.

HDD- 320gb, 134 is already used up(time to delete some shit)

I don't know how much I'd use it, as it'd be my 3rd PC(lol). I might give it to a friend or sell it off Ebay to someone who knows nothing about PC's and get more than its worth.

everyone gets lag spikes mate high pop servers will do it

I can understand lag spikes in high populated server, but I have tried to play alone in a server and still get them :/

Im planning on getting a new laptop/computer

I currently have two choices in mind, these are their specs, please choose the better one and say the fps, thank you :)

Lenovo Laptop - Grey (Intel Core i5-3210M / 750GB HDD / 6GB RAM)

or

HP Pavilion p7-1549 Desktop Computer (AMD Quad-Core A10-5700 / 1TB / 10GB RAM

Thank you for ur time, also if these arnt decent chooses, please suggest a gaming laptop computer from 500-700$

Edited by aznrevolver

Im planning on getting a new laptop/computer

I currently have two choices in mind, these are their specs, please choose the better one and say the fps, thank you :)

Lenovo Laptop - Grey (Intel Core i5-3210M / 750GB HDD / 6GB RAM)

or

HP Pavilion p7-1549 Desktop Computer (AMD Quad-Core A10-5700 / 1TB / 10GB RAM

Thank you for ur time, also if these arnt decent chooses, please suggest a gaming laptop computer from 500-700$

I am Currently running:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ OC Ed 1GB DDR5 PCIe 3. (OC to 1.750GB stil runs 28-30C and plan on upgrading to Sapphire Radeon HD 7870)

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3 CPU (3.4GHz soon to be OC to 3.8GHz)

Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm 3.5" SATA

Corsair Vengeance 8GB PC15000 DDR3 1866MHz Red 2x4 (Going to buy another pack to get 16GB for recording)

Coolmax ZU-800B 800W 80PLUS BRONZE ATX MODULAR

BIOSTAR MOTHERBOARD MODEL TA970 AMD FX

Self-built and only costed $550 @Tigerdirect only an extra $200 for the better graphics and 16GB ram. I get roughly 40-80 Fps on Very High right now.

Edited by No Hope Left

Hey guys,

I already have DayZ and Arma II: OA, but I was just wandering what I should upgrade with my computer.

Gateway NE56R10u Laptop PC

• Graphics - Intel HD Graphics
  • Processor - Intel Celeron B820 processor 1.80GHz
  • RAM - 3GB
  • Hard Drive Size - 279GB

I can play on the lowest settings possible with 20 - 35 FPS. All I really need to know is what I need to upgrade, thanks.

Edited by Jerred26

Hey guys,

I already have DayZ and Arma II: OA, but I was just wandering what I should upgrade with my computer.

Gateway NE56R10u Laptop PC

• Graphics - Intel HD Graphics
  • Processor - Intel Celeron B820 processor 1.80GHz
  • RAM - 3GB
  • Hard Drive Size - 279GB

I can play on the lowest settings possible with 20 - 35 FPS. All I really need to know is what I need to upgrade, thanks.

Unfortunately, pretty much everything. The Celerons are very, very old now and you're on an integrated graphics chip, you'll need a decent dedicated graphics card to improve your performance. You'll need a new motherboard to house the new processor and because of that you're gonna have to switch from DDR2 to DDR3 RAM.