Edited by wooly-back-jack

Intel core i7-361QM CPU 2.30 GHz 2.30 Ghz

12 GB DDR3

Nvidia Geforce GTX 660M 2GB

1TB hard disk drive

laptop

thank you in advance!

JackGeneric

Well, this is my setup. I went all out on the processor because I do some crazy shit with my professors (I.E. 3D reconstructions of the brain and how it works). I'm getting really, REALLY shitty frames when I run DayZ... Any tips out there?

Nvm, I optimized it myself. It's all good in the hood :D

Going to buy this from scan in the next month for Dayz and Battlefield 4,good enough?

AMD FX 4170 BE,Zambezi Core,4.2Ghz Quad Core,12mb Cache

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3,AMD 760G Chipset with USB Support

Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4gb RAM

XFX 2gb Radeon HD 7870 Double Dissipation Edition

Anyone?

NVIDIA GeForce GT650M GDDR5 2GB

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz

1TB 5400 RPM+16GB SSD

run on win 8?

Yes, you should be able to run the game just fine.

Well, this is my setup. I went all out on the processor because I do some crazy shit with my professors (I.E. 3D reconstructions of the brain and how it works). I'm getting really, REALLY shitty frames when I run DayZ... Any tips out there?

What general frame range are you getting when you play?

Going to buy this from scan in the next month for Dayz and Battlefield 4,good enough?

AMD FX 4170 BE,Zambezi Core,4.2Ghz Quad Core,12mb Cache

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3,AMD 760G Chipset with USB Support

Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4gb RAM

XFX 2gb Radeon HD 7870 Double Dissipation Edition

Yes, however I would recommend either getting an FX-6300 or an FX-8320/50.

No, the graphics card is quite bad.

12 GB DDR3

1TB hard disk drive

laptop

thank you in advance!

JackGeneric

Yep.

Edited by CS14
  • Like 1

Anyone?

im a noob at computers right now but getting there.

BUT you would probably need more ram. 4gb might not cut it. maybe you should upgrade the CPU too. dont take all advice from me but thats what i think :) Good Luck!

so here is my story guys. i have been slowly build a computer since january. I'm finally about to be done. i took me so long mostly because im 15 and a freshman in highschool (9th grade) and sometimes id help my dad on the weekend and do chores. so im getting a summer job and will be able to afford alot of stuff. so here is my question.

what fps am i looking at with this setup?

3570k OCed to 4.5

ocz vertex 80gb sd (2 in raid 0)

750gb seagate barracuda

(2x 4gb) 8gb of g.skill ripjaws 1600 (will upgrade to full 16) when i get my summer job.

i plan on picking up 2 GTX 780's superclocked to sli.

i know i will be able to max but i was wondering if you could tell me three things.

1.what frames will i be looking at?

2.will i be able to max everything? (like the highest AA and details set to ultra for every-single thing?...i have never played dayz so i dont know what the graphic settings go up to)

3. is there like a facebook page where i can keep up with dayz news for the mod and standalone?

getting so happy because i have been playing stuck being able to play about 4 games on my sony vaio.

sorry almost forgot. i will have windows 8 installed on the ssd raid 0 setup along with dayz/arma ii and maybe battlefield 4/3 and a couple other small game that i play alot. i remember someone saying on here along time ago that he got a major improvement in frames form a ssd because it would load textures faster and so on...

Edited by atomik9274

For all those who wonder if they can run the game (just run it, i mean with low to very low graphics) im playing the game for the past 7 month with the following spec:

MB : ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5QL Rev X.0x

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @3.16GHz

MEM: 2X2GO Corsair at 400MHz (im on a WINXP32Bits version so i actually get only 3328Mo of ram)

GPU: Amd Radeon HD4870

HDD: WDC SCSI 300Go

Im playing on a 1680x1050 resolution

The only thing new is my HDD whitch i bought to play arma, the rest of my hardware is 5 to 6 years old.

I get between 20-50 fps depending on the server latency and my position on the map (fps drop sometimes to 10-15 when im in a big city with alot of players in it).

Graphics looks indeed very bad

There are two things allowing me to play the game on this shitty pc:

1) I run it on XP witch i configured alot to lower its power demand (and i also read somewhere that Arma 2 runs beter on XP than on vista/7 probably because xp demand way less power than the two others)

2) Ive done some major tweaks on the game

Here are a few links for graphics tweaks:

Optimisation/FPS with ArmA II - FORUMS - Armaholic

Steam Community:: Guide :: Increasing your FPS in ArmA 2 | DayZ

How To Increase FPS/Smooth Out The Game - Troubleshooting - Day Z Forums

DayZ Optimization/Tweak Paste - Pastebin.com

Hope this will help you.

Ankil

PS: Here you can see a view of stary with my sh**ty graphics:

Zoomed in: http://postimg.org/image/905nxgrej/

Not zoomed: http://postimg.org/image/fgovaswxh/

Zoomed out: http://postimg.org/image/5i5f8s15l/

Edit: Just corrected myself x)

Edited by ankiltareum

12 GB DDR3

1TB hard disk drive

laptop

thank you in advance!

JackGeneric

You'll struggle with low FPS because the CPU is very weak.

so here is my story guys. i have been slowly build a computer since january. I'm finally about to be done. i took me so long mostly because im 15 and a freshman in highschool (9th grade) and sometimes id help my dad on the weekend and do chores. so im getting a summer job and will be able to afford alot of stuff. so here is my question.

what fps am i looking at with this setup?

3570k OCed to 4.5

ocz vertex 80gb sd (2 in raid 0)

750gb seagate barracuda

(2x 4gb) 8gb of g.skill ripjaws 1600 (will upgrade to full 16) when i get my summer job.

i plan on picking up 2 GTX 780's superclocked to sli.

i know i will be able to max but i was wondering if you could tell me three things.

1.what frames will i be looking at?

2.will i be able to max everything? (like the highest AA and details set to ultra for every-single thing?...i have never played dayz so i dont know what the graphic settings go up to)

3. is there like a facebook page where i can keep up with dayz news for the mod and standalone?

getting so happy because i have been playing stuck being able to play about 4 games on my sony vaio.

sorry almost forgot. i will have windows 8 installed on the ssd raid 0 setup along with dayz/arma ii and maybe battlefield 4/3 and a couple other small game that i play alot. i remember someone saying on here along time ago that he got a major improvement in frames form a ssd because it would load textures faster and so on...

You should maintain 60+ FPS at all times with everything maxed and post-process effects disabled.

• Like 1

Hey guys this game looks amazing, just wondering if my laptop can run this before I buy it. I've only tried CS:S and that works fine, but I know this game is a lot more demanding. Not too computer savy so I appreciate any advice.

Acer - Aspire Ultrabook 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

• 128MB dedicated graphics
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • Technical details: 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor; 14" display; 6GB memory; 500GB hard drive; 20GB solid state drive

Even when people buy a good enough laptop to run DayZ on ultra settings, some asshole tells them that no laptop can run DayZ. If you play a grand for a dedicated gaming laptop, 9/10 I guarantee you that you can play at LEAST high settings. A freaking 650m handles fine on high, and you can get one of those in a $700 laptop!

For all those who wonder if they can run the game (just run it, i mean with low to very low graphics) im playing the game for the past 7 month with the following spec:

MB : ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5QL Rev X.0x

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @3.16GHz

MEM: 2X2GO Corsair at 400MHz (im on a WINXP32Bits version so i actually get only 3328Mo of ram)

GPU: Amd Radeon HD4870

HDD: WDC SCSI 300Go

Im playing on a 1680x1050 resolution

The only thing new is my HDD whitch i bought to play arma, the rest of my hardware is 5 to 6 years old.

I get between 20-50 fps depending on the server latency and my position on the map (fps drop sometimes to 10-15 when im in a big city with alot of players in it).

Graphics looks indeed very bad

There are two things allowing me to play the game on this shitty pc:

1) I run it on XP witch i configured alot to lower its power demand (and i also read somewhere that Arma 2 runs beter on XP than on vista/7 probably because xp demand way less power than the two others)

2) Ive done some major tweaks on the game

Here are a few links for graphics tweaks:

Optimisation/FPS with ArmA II - FORUMS - Armaholic

Steam Community:: Guide :: Increasing your FPS in ArmA 2 | DayZ

How To Increase FPS/Smooth Out The Game - Troubleshooting - Day Z Forums

DayZ Optimization/Tweak Paste - Pastebin.com

Hope this will help you.

Ankil

PS: Here you can see a view of stary with my sh**ty graphics:

Zoomed in: http://postimg.org/image/905nxgrej/

Not zoomed: http://postimg.org/image/fgovaswxh/

Zoomed out: http://postimg.org/image/5i5f8s15l/

Edit: Just corrected myself x)

I pity you.

12 GB DDR3

1TB hard disk drive

laptop

thank you in advance!

JackGeneric

High settings, 40 frames.

I went to systemrequirementlab.com and it said I meet all the requirements except for the graphics. I have Intel 4000 graphics which is a bummer if the game won't run even on low settings. I got this laptop as a gift which I mainly use for school. If the game can not run, is it possible to upgrade the graphics chip on a laptop? I would have no idea what I would be doing, but are there places that will install the chip for you? Thanks for any help!

This?

Core i7 3770/

16gb ddr3 1600m/

geforce gtx 660 1.5 gb gddr5

Also would it improve performance if both my OS and Dayz were installed on an SSD drive??

I went to systemrequirementlab.com and it said I meet all the requirements except for the graphics. I have Intel 4000 graphics which is a bummer if the game won't run even on low settings. I got this laptop as a gift which I mainly use for school. If the game can not run, is it possible to upgrade the graphics chip on a laptop? I would have no idea what I would be doing, but are there places that will install the chip for you? Thanks for any help!

HD 4000 is suitable for just low frames, with an average of thirty, if luck forty frames.

Will i be able to run Dayz with these specs?

- Fx 6300

- Gtx 660

- 8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

If i can at what settings and at what FPS?

Can i run DayZ with these specs?

CPU - Fx 6300 3.5Ghz

GPU - Gtx 660

Ram - 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600?

At what settings would it run good and at what fps?

I didnt mean to post this twice sry

Edited by MmmZombies

This?

Core i7 3770/

16gb ddr3 1600m/

geforce gtx 660 1.5 gb gddr5

Also would it improve performance if both my OS and Dayz were installed on an SSD drive??

That will run fine on close to max settings, installing your OS, ARMA 2 and DayZ mod to an SSD would also help, yes.

Will i be able to run Dayz with these specs?

- Fx 6300

- Gtx 660

- 8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

If i can at what settings and at what FPS?

Yeah, should run smoothly on normal-high settings. Not sure about FPS as I've no experience with those CPUs, I hear they perform pretty well though.

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a bit noob-ish but I'm new to these parts of the forums so yeah. Also note that I'm still building this computer so parts are still interchangeable.....can anyone recommend a gpu with more bang for the buck? Also what FHS am I looking at with this setup?

-intel core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz

-Nvidia GeForce gtx 680 2 gb gddr5

-4gb pny ram

-gigabyte h61m-ds2----motherboard

-decent power supply

-about 1tb had

-60gb ssd

Hey guys this game looks amazing, just wondering if my laptop can run this before I buy it. I've only tried CS:S and that works fine, but I know this game is a lot more demanding. Not too computer savy so I appreciate any advice.

Acer - Aspire Ultrabook 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Silver

• 128MB dedicated graphics
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • Technical details: 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor; 14" display; 6GB memory; 500GB hard drive; 20GB solid state drive

The CPU is way too weak.

I don't think you can, you can't change a GPU that is intergrated.

Sorry if this is a bit noob-ish but I'm new to these parts of the forums so yeah. Also note that I'm still building this computer so parts are still interchangeable.....can anyone recommend a gpu with more bang for the buck? Also what FHS am I looking at with this setup?

-intel core i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz

-Nvidia GeForce gtx 680 2 gb gddr5

-4gb pny ram

-gigabyte h61m-ds2----motherboard

-decent power supply

-about 1tb had

-60gb ssd

If you can go for the 680, keep it, otherwise the 7870 is about half price and is pretty damn good I hear. 40+ on max settings.

HD 4000 is suitable for just low frames, with an average of thirty, if luck forty frames.

An average of thirty???

My DESKTOP had a 4000 series GPU and ran under 20 frames most of the time. He said he's playing on a laptop, I doubt he will get anymore FPS than ~15. Everything on low.

CPU: FX-8320

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mghz Geil enhanced

Hard Drive: Seagate barracuda LP

GPU: 560 ti sli

Will I be able to record with this machine on high @ 1080?

CPU: FX-8320

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mghz Geil enhanced

Hard Drive: Seagate barracuda LP

GPU: 560 ti sli

Will I be able to record with this machine on high @ 1080?

yes but you'll have an FPS drop to about 30-35 when recording try and cap you recording to 30 and you should get a decent quality

Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-5.html