Wayze

Do you play on first or third person servers?

Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play on servers with TPV or FPV?

• Yes, I play mainly on third person servers, but actually I would like to play on first person servers.
    • Yes, I play mainly on third person servers.
    • No, I play mainly on first person servers.

Now some of this I do agree with. The only point of this and all the other similar threads as far as I'm concerned is to show the level of interest about FPV/TPV, not to to decide which is 'best' but to show it is a point worth discussing. Although I use both views and would have no problem only playing in only FPV (as I've said before) I find myself having to protect the idea of trying to fix the exploits in TPV to keep it in, something that is important to me, from people who call for it's outright removal. I'm not against its removal, as long as it's the only way. As far as I am concerned (as you know) the actual poll results are irrelevant.

That's my opinion, as yours is above, and The SA and mod will proceed regardless. I trust the people behind it, they've done fine so far.

The only f*cking reason you write this is that you actually afraid that Dean will listen to us and get rid of that f*cking immersion and gameplaybreaking third person sh*t so you are no longer able to exploit and feel save like in a f*cking barbie world.

• Like 1

The only f*cking reason you write this is that you actually afraid that Dean will listen to us and get rid of that f*cking immersion and gameplaybreaking third person sh*t so you are no longer able to exploit and feel save like in a f*cking barbie world.

You, my friend, have issues.

• Like 3

And beans.

I can see you sitting in a dark room (with your issues) eating beans from a tin can and raging on this forum. LOL :D

Well, its most likely the truth. And the arguments why 3rd person should not be in the game is way more ridiculous.

More ridicoulus than you thinking every design desicion should be made with future sales in mind? I hope I am misunderstanding this, please elaborate. :)

EDIT: Pretty crap wording from my side. What I mean is that we, as consumers and players, have no reason whatsoever to defend business decisions. Our only interest should be in recieving a good game. If you want TPV because of personal preference then I respect that opinion (I'll damn well argue against it though ;) ) but a lot of people still use the argument that TPV will cause DayZ to sell less like we should be bothered by that (or like that would change my mind about FPV or TPV), which is such a non-point for us as consumers.

What arguments do you find so ridicoulus exactly? I think most of the concerns from both camps are valid. Again; the 80+ page thread is proof that this is an issue. I don't think just saying we should ignore these concerns because some potential future customers might lose interest will stop this to be an issue.

EDIT2: Still can't seem to actually string a good sentence together. It's 6AM. I'm going somewhere to collapse now.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 2

No, I really don't think it is the thing between, and if you expect the standalone to be like that you will probably very disappointed.

I already said i would like the mod to be as hard as possible so i would not be dissapointed. 

I know which statements from dean you refer to, but lets have a look at two other facts:

1) What you imagine the standalone to be like is basically dayz 2017 (from loot perspective). I dont have access to my gaming client at the moment but i am sure if i check the population on dayz 2017 servers the results are disastrous.

2) Dean still plans to release Dayz Standalone on consoles in the future. Maybe not cross platfrom multiplayer but still the same game.

Combining these two facts give me the impression that you might not understand Deans intentions 100%. I do not think the standalone will be an ultra frustrating starve-to-death game, instead my impression is that Dean just gives us much more tools to change the focus on survival. More medicine, infected food and water, etc. I think we will not all starve to death but instead we will just have to loot more basic items to fullfill our virtual needs and not grab a can of beans and coke on the way to the next firestation.

The focus on the game will change, but not by making it "more hardcore" but by putting more weights on the survival side of the scales. This is my impression and time will proof one of us wrong.

And based on my perspective of the standalones focus i`m sure 3rd person will not be erased from the game. And i can almost guarantee you this means in no way that standalone will be watered down to something us long running fans do not like.

One more thing. Please, PLEASE, do not confuse internet polls with democracy in any way. If Dean sets up an official election, this election is made popular and aware to EVERYONE playing dayz and planning to buy the standalone, the results of THIS election are a democratic decision. A poll on one of the many dayz forums, as well as a poll on reddit, are in no way represenative of anything. As stated before, polls like this gravitate the group of people raging about a certain topic MUCH MORE than the people who are happy with state of the art. Thats human nature.

• Like 1

I already said i would like the mod to be as hard as possible so i would not be dissapointed. 

I know which statements from dean you refer to, but lets have a look at two other facts:

1) What you imagine the standalone to be like is basically dayz 2017 (from loot perspective). I dont have access to my gaming client at the moment but i am sure if i check the population on dayz 2017 servers the results are disastrous.

2) Dean still plans to release Dayz Standalone on consoles in the future. Maybe not cross platfrom multiplayer but still the same game.

Combining these two facts give me the impression that you might not understand Deans intentions 100%. I do not think the standalone will be an ultra frustrating starve-to-death game, instead my impression is that Dean just gives us much more tools to change the focus on survival. More medicine, infected food and water, etc. I think we will not all starve to death but instead we will just have to loot more basic items to fullfill our virtual needs and not grab a can of beans and coke on the way to the next firestation.

The focus on the game will change, but not by making it "more hardcore" but by putting more weights on the survival side of the scales. This is my impression and time will proof one of us wrong.

And based on my perspective of the standalones focus i`m sure 3rd person will not be erased from the game. And i can almost guarantee you this means in no way that standalone will be watered down to something us long running fans do not like.

One more thing. Please, PLEASE, do not confuse internet polls with democracy in any way. If Dean sets up an official election, this election is made popular and aware to EVERYONE playing dayz and planning to buy the standalone, the results of THIS election are a democratic decision. A poll on one of the many dayz forums, as well as a poll on reddit, are in no way represenative of anything. As stated before, polls like this gravitate the group of people raging about a certain topic MUCH MORE than the people who are happy with state of the art. Thats human nature.

It is not that it will be harder, it is that it will be way less action oriented than standalone. You know exactly what the people like most, the go get a sniper and camp on a hill to shoot new spawns. Or maybe just take a heli and crash into somebody. But this was not like that in the beginning, the problem is that the majority of the players came to DayZ when exactly this "action" gameplay appeared. So the majority does probably not even know how DayZ is in original.

And to your democracy complaining. You know exactly what I mean. And if you give everyone the chance to vote about it, you will see that if you give them the right to vote about AS50s everywhere they will choose yes. That is why it has to be limited to a hardcore community, which does want DayZ as survival game not as second Battlefield game.

It is not that it will be harder, it is that it will be way less action oriented than standalone. You know exactly what the people like most, the go get a sniper and camp on a hill to shoot new spawns. Or maybe just take a heli and crash into somebody. But this was not like that in the beginning, the problem is that the majority of the players came to DayZ when exactly this "action" gameplay appeared. So the majority does probably not even know how DayZ is in original.

And to your democracy complaining. You know exactly what I mean. And if you give everyone the chance to vote about it, you will see that if you give them the right to vote about AS50s everywhere they will choose yes. That is why it has to be limited to a hardcore community, which does want DayZ as survival game not as second Battlefield game.

You contradict yourself within two pages of your thread. On the previous page you said "Stop crying, this is democracy.". And now you say that it should not be democratic but present some elitist thinking about a special group of people called the hardcore community who should be the only ones who are allowed to express their opinions. Sorry but you cant twist and turn things around until they fit.

And i can guarantee you that if everyone had the right to vote there would NOT be as50s everywhere. Not all people are dumb. Or at least the percentage of dumb people out there is nearly the same as the percentage of dumb people in the hardcore community. Democracy evens out extremistic opinions. That`s one of the good things about it.

Anyway, we could discuss forever, you have your opinion, i have mine. And if this makes one thing clear then that even the hardcore community in itself is not united when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person.

You contradict yourself within two pages of your thread. On the previous page you said "Stop crying, this is democracy.". And now you say that it should not be democratic but present some elitist thinking about a special group of people called the hardcore community who should be the only ones who are allowed to express their opinions. Sorry but you cant twist and turn things around until they fit.

And i can guarantee you that if everyone had the right to vote there would NOT be as50s everywhere. Not all people are dumb. Or at least the percentage of dumb people out there is nearly the same as the percentage of dumb people in the hardcore community. Democracy evens out extremistic opinions. That`s one of the good things about it.

Anyway, we could discuss forever, you have your opinion, i have mine. And if this makes one thing clear then that even the hardcore community in itself is not united when it comes to 3rd person vs 1st person.

I said you know what I mean, between us the hardcore community, which is the main selling point this poll is practacly representing democracy.

The are the parlament, we are the fractions. It is like in real life. The people do not know what is best for their country so there is a parlament, there are special people who then vote for different subject matters. Were are these people, obviously the casual player do not know what is best for DayZ because they want it to be a deathmatch.

You can guarantee me what you want, but I simply see the main fraction of the players playing on exact these servers. And are you acusing people who like AS50s to be dumb? It is simply an opinion, no need to disciminate them.

And sure the hardcore community is devided, but that works in democracy the same. But as a matter of fact most of the community is contra third person, so you are actually representing the extremistic opinion, within the community atleast.

Edited by Wayze

More ridicoulus than you thinking every design desicion should be made with future sales in mind? I hope I am misunderstanding this, please elaborate. :)

Im not hinking that, i did not say that. So yes you are misunderstanding my point. I try to explain this: The game should be hard survivor game, not some carefully produced to masses kind of game. But this game should (and i think it will) be made little easier for the masses to approach it. There will be compromises so the standalone gets as much players it can but still be as near as possible to the hardcore game we all want. I hope you understand what i mean.

EDIT: Pretty crap wording from my side. What I mean is that we, as consumers and players, have no reason whatsoever to defend business decisions. Our only interest should be in recieving a good game. If you want TPV because of personal preference then I respect that opinion (I'll damn well argue against it though ;) ) but a lot of people still use the argument that TPV will cause DayZ to sell less like we should be bothered by that (or like that would change my mind about FPV or TPV), which is such a non-point for us as consumers.

Thats where you are wrong, we should be very very concerned about SA's sellings. Let me explain why. This game is designed in a way that it develops in time, same time we players are playing (and buying) the game. And when we are playing, we are marketing it on youtube and various other media. If the game is relatively easy for masses to approach (or to get interested) it will sell more. And when the game sells a lot it guarantees development for the years to come. Its a guarantee that the game has as much resources it needs to go forward and keep it alive. For example think about tv-series. There is numerous really good scifi-series that has been cancelled because it wont sell enough. Sure there is hardcore scifi-fans that love the shows but if it dont sell enough it will be cancelled. I think you get my point on this. I dont want it to be made only for the masses, only to make as much money possible, i want Dean to find best compromise between "game for masses" and "game for hardcore fans". There will be mods to standalone to please almost everyone anyway. And yes, when 1st person is as broken as it is right now i prefer 3rd person my self.

What arguments do you find so ridicoulus exactly? I think most of the concerns from both camps are valid. Again; the 80+ page thread is proof that this is an issue. I don't think just saying we should ignore these concerns because some potential future customers might lose interest will stop this to be an issue.

I posted this earlier in some topic. I do not understand why you have to remove 3rd person if there is option for 1st person only servers. In these forums there is a lot of players who dont want to play 3rd person servers and still the 1st person servers are empty, why is that? I think there is enough players to populate 1st person only servers but for some reason regardless what they say here they wont play there. It is up to them to populate those servers, not to remove 3rd person and force all players to play there. At the moment there is no problem at all. Only problem is that there is only one hive for both. There should be two hives, one for each. But there i good private hives for 1st person only servers. You could play right now, highly populated 1st person only private hive servers without hundreds of vehicles and sniper rifles. Why wont they play? Why they choose to cry about it here? Removing 3rd person would be massive mistake in my opininon. Of course i would play without it, but i would not be happy unless the 1st person is fixed.

You just had to bring Firefly into this, had you. :(

Works for an exampe doesent it? :D

I find it absolutely hilarious that anyone is trying to argue that FPV only will 'turn off the masses' or anything like that. Every single major game that involves guns is FPV only. All TPV only games with guns are very carefully designed around the flaws of TPV.

I find it absolutely hilarious that anyone is trying to argue that FPV only will 'turn off the masses' or anything like that. Every single major game that involves guns is FPV only. All TPV only games with guns are very carefully designed around the flaws of TPV.

Not "turn off the masses", lose some percentage of players and makes the game less fun for some players. Whit 3rd person option we make them happy and dont take anything away 1st person players since there is going to be 1st person only servers.

Edited by aeinola

Not "turn off the masses", lose some percentage of players and makes the game less fun for some players. Whit 3rd person option we make them happy and dont take anything away 1st person players since there is going to be 1st person only servers.

Third person still isn't any good for the game. It takes away from immersion (duh, it's a floating camera), it takes away from skill (no skill in swinging a magic camera around, no need to check corners or listen carefully etc), it takes away from combat (most combat is decided before it even starts because one person is in a position to exploit third person and the other isn't), and it takes away from interaction (no chance of just running into someone, you decide on every interaction... most people decide to kill, leading to the KOS we all hate). 

Edited by Dsi1

Third person still isn't any good for the game. It takes away from immersion (duh, it's a floating camera), it takes away from skill (no skill in swinging a magic camera around, no need to check corners or listen carefully etc), it takes away from combat (most combat is decided before it even starts because one person is in a position to exploit third person and the other isn't), and it takes away from interaction (no chance of just running into someone, you decide on every interaction... most people decide to kill, leading to the KOS we all hate). 

Well thats just your opinion. Others have different opinion and wants to play with 3rd person. Why dont we give both "camps" possibility to play where they want and host 1st person only server and 3rd person servers?

Folks have to realise that without the non-"hardcore" players (whose opinion apparently doesn't count for shit), DayZ probably wouldn't be getting a Standalone release at all.

3dp has had the majority of server-stock for the majority of DayZ's existence.

That in itself doesn't matter much, however, as at the end of the day, what Rocket says goes.

You'll likely use that in your argument when he agrees with you and disregard it entirely when he doesn't.

Meh.

Folks have to realise that without the non-"hardcore" players (whose opinion apparently doesn't count for shit), DayZ probably wouldn't be getting a Standalone release at all.

3dp has had the majority of server-stock for the majority of DayZ's existence.

That in itself doesn't matter much, however, as at the end of the day, what Rocket says goes.

You'll likely use that in your argument when he agrees with you and disregard it entirely when he doesn't.

Meh.

If it weren't for all the non-"hardcore" players, DayZ wouldn't need a standalone designed to stop idiots from ruining the game for themselves.

Yeah. Dollars to donuts, that's the design brief verbatim.

EDIT: For the benefit of those who are hard of thinking. That's not an entirely serious response.

If the mod would have satisfied your DayZ needs, you're clearly not hardcore.

Edited by Chabowski

Currently out of 6216 servers there are a whopping SIX servers running first person only.

-UK352 with 12/42 players

-DayZ ZP NOCD RU private hive with 3/50 players

-BMRF DayZ #2 with 2/55 players

The other three only had 1 player, so they're not even worth mentioning.

This is hardly the picture you painted in your post SoulHunter. Perhaps you have something better than DayZ Commander to find these hidden gems you speak of?

Check out DayZero - the BMRF crowd left vanilla to play DayZero and both bmrf and zombies.nu 1st person only have a lot of players on them.

Out of those servers, which ones are running vanilla dayz?

• Like 1