v3c1c

possible Dayz mod on Altis ?

because this is Dayz MOD not Dayz SA forum I can wonder about that :)

Yesterday I give a try on Arma3 ALTIS - it is not a BIG map - it is fucking monster enormous HUGE map.

we explored it ~ 3 hours with friends and we manage to explore only ~ 15% of map

only PvP lovers might hate this map because there is no only 2 big cities on whole map - there is lots and lots of big cities and villages.

and if there will be 60 people thay will spread all around the map with very rare chance to find one :)

I really hope that some one will make Dayz Mod on A3 Altis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycETSqxxwk

Edited by V3C1C
  • Like 4

yeah I am not rushing :) but I already know it will be something ....

It kind of feels inevitable tbh.

I had a quick fly around Altis yesterday and it really is stunning with great attention to detail.  I've got a feeling that months from now I'll still be discovering some of it's secrets.

I have no idea if there will ever be an "official" version of the mod using either that map or that engine because really, that is the purpose if the SA (to take the concept of the mod and run with it) but knowing how awesome and creative the BIS modding community is it doesn't really matter because over the next year or more we're going to be seeing some pretty epic stuff.  

BIS have provided the modders with the tools they need and now it's just a case of sitting back and seeing what they're able to do with it .

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

It's already done and on Altis :D

nah it is Stratis map on video

nah it is Stratis map on video

That was the only video they had to share, Altis went live yesterday though :)

I'll be playing later so i'll upload a video.

they have gone their own direction.

Finally.  Some people with imaginations.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

So now we have 2 Dayz ish mods :)

Some good names in the 2017 mod line up, the Dead Nation guys i've not heard of.

I wish the SA would hurry up so that R4ZOR will be free to mod, I'd bet my money his mod would be the best of them all :D

2017 could have potential as a post-apoc survival horror mod. It's not DayZ though, they have gone their own direction.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162013-2017-Official-Announcement!

yeah I read about that.

they have lots of nice ideas - but as we all know nice ideas takes HELL OF THE TIME (Dayz Standalone) :)

Dayz mod has proved concept and it works tho - it just migration from A2 to A3 

thankyou for post video of altis map :beans:  :)

is look true great map, design and detail is make me excite too much to play on this one

maybe devs add Altis as extra map for SA after 2 month or something like :D

• Like 1

I'd love to see this.

But Altis+ in the same way that Chernarus was altered to make it better fit the setting of DayZ.

• Like 3

I'd love to see this.

But Altis+ in the same way that Chernarus was altered to make it better fit the setting of DayZ.

exact like this ^^ :beans:

or maybe they save for DayZ SA #2 ;)

Edited by KoS

yeah I read about that.

they have lots of nice ideas - but as we all know nice ideas takes HELL OF THE TIME (Dayz Standalone) :)

Dayz mod has proved concept and it works tho - it just migration from A2 to A3 

Hi, lead developer of 2017 here :) 

I can tell you we will actually be going into closed alpha pretty soon, and a public beta shouldn't be anything more than a few months away.

That's not to say, that we won't have our "full" experience yet in a year; that could easily happen, but that's game development for you.

I had a talk with Rocket at Gamescom, and asked him this, but he brought up a good point. In it's current state, Altis doesn't have enough content, in terms of cities, and things like that. You could make it work I guess, but you'd need quite a lot of additions/changes.

• Like 1

...I'll just leave this here then leave... ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142308-Large-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-inspired-Island-quot-NOVA-ZONA-quot

(Mods, if you want me to remove this then please let me know, but this seems like a thread that people wanting a new kind of map will visit.)

Edited by meshcarver

I love the creativity of the BI community, especially the innovative people, who write their own code or the people, who ask for permission before lending or improving other people's work. Not so much a fan of people copy-pasting other people's work without permission and then charge money for this work.

• Like 3

I love the creativity of the BI community, especially the innovative people, who write their own code or the people, who ask for permission before lending or improving other people's work. Not so much a fan of people copy-pasting other people's work without permission and then charge money for this work.

problem is that DayZ has no propper own modding community no forums and no rules...strange for a game that started originally as a mod itself....

PS: I am not asking again for a modding section  :P