Sign in to follow this  
King of kong

Where would you like a DayZ: SA map to be set?

Where would you like to see a DayZ map?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like a DayZ SA map?

• Eastern Europe, Poland, Romania, CZech republic etc.
    • Western Europe, Republic of Ireland, Germany, France etc.
    • . Iceland, Greenland, Alaska, Siberia etc.
    • Asia, AU, Japan, China etc.
    • Yankee continent

i would like the whole world to be a single map

They could maybe do that one Dubai resort where they shaped the islands into a map of the world.  Realisticly NOONE has the technology to perform that.  We'd have to Hijack the NSA's shiny new supercomputer for just one server, and then it'd be loaded with dickpics, facebook posts, text messages, and the occasional terrorist banter.

Seriously though. I'd like to see a Japanese-themed map.

A built up metropolis, with rural areas and mountain ranges on the outskirts, would provide a lot of gameplay opportunities and a huge potential variety of scenery within a reasonably small space, without feeling too unnatural.

That, and more road-signs that folks can't read.

Japan would be lovely, it'd be pretty much city or mountain with farmland bordering the two.  Not to mention the train network.  OH GOD THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES WITH THE TRAIN NETWORK!

220px-C623_Express_Niseko.JPG

and hopefully they'll murder all your scary as shit spiders ay?

Pretty much! Although thankfully I don't live there myself, I'm far too scared of spiders :P

Being bitten by things would make for terrible gameplay.
Oh shit I stepped on a snake :( where's the closest hospital so I can look for an antidote.
Oh crap 300 kilometres to the nearest settlement.

You could totally use the snakes as weapons though, if you knew how to handle them! There;s a video of an Aussie hunting rabbits with Brown snakes, he just was carrying around to handfuls of snakes like it was no big deal

Edited by MissSweeney

Anywhere but America. Way too many post-apocalyptic games set there.

Anywho, I'd like a map in the areas up around Russia, Ukraine etc.

• Like 1

I'm down with the area we are in, as long as i cannot read the road signs and the country is foreign and different i'm cool. Like Tasmania or something.

ha-ha.

Coming from someone who lives in a country smaller than 80% of our states. ;)

Pretty much! Although thankfully I don't live there myself, I'm far too scared of spiders :P

You could totally use the snakes as weapons though, if you knew how to handle them! There;s a video of an Aussie hunting rabbits with Brown snakes, he just was carrying around to handfuls of snakes like it was no big deal

People like that would probably have antivenom very close by.

Animals are unpredictable just like people.

New Zealand?

Maybe in central otago? We have scrubby valleys rocky peaks and many many sheepies.

Small towns like Banickburn or something and Middlemarch which is pretty much the size of a chernarus village.

• Like 1

New Zealand?

Maybe in central otago? We have scrubby valleys rocky peaks and many many sheepies.

Small towns like Banickburn or something and Middlemarch which is pretty much the size of a chernarus village.

We have some pretty awesome places for a zombie outbreak setting I reckon. Whenever I think of a zombie outbreak in NZ though, I always think of the movie Black Sheep lol

We have some pretty awesome places for a zombie outbreak setting I reckon. Whenever I think of a zombie outbreak in NZ though, I always think of the movie Black Sheep lol

Were EFFED if zombies can figure out how to climb over fences!

Otherwise we can just eat all the sheep that usually go to export.

OF: Next person to insult another person's nationality will be shot by firing squad <_<   :murder:  :murder:  :murder:  :murder:

stop being a bunch  three year olds.  This isn't fucking YouTube.  You all should be ashamed of yourselves.  

Every country is great at something and none are perfect.  If you think your country is flat out superior and perfect, you are a fucking moron.

OT:

A map in a particularly cold climate would be interesting.

Siberia or the Yukon.  The Chernobyl exclusion Zone in the winter would be awesome. I am a big S.T.A.L.K.E.R.  supporter so anything Chernobyl is instantly  up my alley.  

Maybe southern Argentina or the Falklands.  That would be very new.  I have never played a game in either of those areas.  It gets cold down there. 

Seattle or Oregon would be interesting and rather unique.  I visited the rainforests in Oregon last summer and they are very cool environments. The area around Mt. St. Helena is awe inspiring.

Or Saskatchewan (almost spelled it right for the record. Thanks autocorrect)  or Alberta Canada, cause why not??

Central America and South America b/c very few games are set around there.  

The horn of Africa or West Africa.      Southern China, Singapore, or Myanmar could be amazing.  

Basically I want to play a location that isn't in dozens of other games.  I have seen enough of the USA to last a life time.  To a lesser extent, Western Europe and the Middle East.  

Russia has some vast environments, but Chernarus is similar to Russia so I would opt against it at first. 

Yukon? I didn't know of any country called ykon. Or Seattle or Oregon for that matter

I'll give a fiver to the person who makes a DayZ map replicating Milton Keynes.

Grey walls and roundabouts required.

Yukon? I didn't know of any country called ykon. Or Seattle or Oregon for that matter

The Yukon is a province of Canada.  Oregon is a large western coast state of the USA.  Seattle, ( as someone else already said) is a large west coast city in the state of Washington.  It is most likely way bigger than Dublin

Personally, I like the scandinavian nature.

The mix of archipelago, dark woods, tall mountains and deep valleys also makes it very suitable for a dayz map, not minding the difficulty in how they'd actually make it happen.

The one thing that makes me quite sure that it'll never come to reality is the fact that to make this good, I believe it would have to be soo much bigger then the current map, and sadly even bigger then the new map size they've been talking about.

• Like 1

Well I'll just say what most of us are thinking... any where but fucking americaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well I'll just say what most of us are thinking... any where but fucking americaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see why not, as long as it were somewhere interesting, like Seattle.

It's not as overdone as people like to say it is.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I think we're saying No New York or LA or any of the 'major cities' that give tax credits to movies to shoot there.  I would say maybe Michigan as a nod to Lord Romero.  Preferably someplace with a Mall...okay scratch that, it's been overdone.

Definately not NY, sooooooooo overdone.

Come to think of it i do agree that japan would be a very interesting space with hit's ultra dense urban shoreline sitting right next to virtually untouched mountains. This would be great for having a very varied environment.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

Pretty much anywhere but major US cities would be good, they've have been done and done again a million times.

I might be biased but I think Central/Highland Scotland would be good and offer either a lot of 'wilderness' and built up areas or a bit of both.

Another good one would be Africa - think Farcry 2 - certainly enough wilderness type area but also the opportunity for loads of built up areas as well as small villages - water would be a much bigger obstacle to overcome compared to the Chernarus map.

PLEASE! JUST NOT AMERICA! I'M BEGGING YOU! NOT MURICA, I WANT FUPPING IRELAND FOR FUP SAKE! GERMANY!  MOSCOW! SIBERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

It actually is overdone. They've already set games and movies in the U.S.A. It'd just be too easy, gun shops everywhere, even the fucking supermarkets sell guns. Try State of Decay