Sign in to follow this  
lord3n

this a dumb idea? for SA - recharge batteries, solar panel?

i have no idea how batteries are going to be handled in the SA, but what if there were a location on the map where players could recharge their dead batts? like a solar panel? and players would have to find a battery charging unit for the batts to connect to the fixed solar panel somewhere on the map?

which seems like it would be an active area, lots of regular traffic. maybe a social area? swap meet location as well? depending on how players used it, for good or bad.

can anyone build a good idea off this?

Edited by Lord3n
  • Like 2

also, anyone know if they have talked about adding batteries to the vehicles as another part to be not only aquired, but charged?

is it to crazy of me to think that maybe we could have car batteries in the game that can also be used to light up say, a house? a group can light up a section of a military base or airport. batteries would need constant recharging, but would last a bit. maybe it has a certain number of uses before its worn out and worthless?

i might be going on a limb with this one, i dunno.

this can definitely work in my opinion.. i wondered about car batteries in the SA aswell... I think they will be in the game at some point but it would be awesome to use car batteries for different ideas what ideas im not sure 

You should really edit your posts rather than keep posting every time you have an idea to add on.  I believe batteries will be in Standalone (as for what/how/ect that's still somewhat unknown at the moment).  There should be different types (not just sizes, but Rechargeable/Nonrechargeable, after all you can't just take any set of AAs and slap them into a charger)  Car batteries would make sense as an item to be added, both for car repairs, and for crafting/other things.  IE you turn hook up your car battery (either take it out or use jumper cables) to the gas pump at a gas station to turn the pumps back on, refuel your car, then put the battery back or disconnect the jumper cables (or if you have a spare and are feeling generous, just leave the car battery there).

There's more than one way to charge a battery too, Car batteries are usually charged by an alternator in the car (small generator attached to the axle/motor to charge the battery while the car's moving).  There's also been talk of portable gas generators.  It would be nice if they add solar panels to the game (both on buildings that you can tap into the charge batteries and ones you can salvage for base building/or just a small one you can have as an inventory item to charge small devices).

A long time ago I watched this one movie (forget the name, but it was set in the jungle) where a group of gorillas/drug makers had a large truck up on a jack, and either had a belt system hooked up to the tire/axle or welded a generator to the axle to power the camp.  Something like this later on down the road for when they add base building would be lovely.

• Like 1

They may have spoken about possibly generating electricity in a base.

With the idea of the base building update they mentioned would be coming out around a year after release.

However this would probably mean petrol generators, homemade wind turbines with very rare copper and magnet current generators.

Actually the easiest way to obtain a generator would probably be to just use a working vehicle to charge your batteries. For bases a parked vehicle could work as a simple generator, if you just wire up a bank of batteries in sequence. Or you could strip the alternator from a non-working vehicle and either crank it manually or affix it to an engine to generate electricity. Also there are commercially sold generators. It would be really cool to see power plants that could be brought back online, as one of those bigger end game sort of goals for groups and maybe admins who want to establish and maintain a safe-zone or a base with electricity. Sporadic solar panels would be really cool to find, especially these:

solar.jpg

One could easily break into the box of one of these and, with some basic electrical knowledge and some wire, use it to charge a battery. I don't know about the Czech Republic but these are everywhere in the states now, and in the UK. I think it would be rather interesting actually, since it's looking like batteries and electricity is going to matter.

• Like 1

Be nice if you could charge a flat car battery with another vehicle and some jump leads.

Then we could have RC-cars. I would strap explosives and shit to my RC-car.

Then we could have RC-cars. I would strap explosives and shit to my RC-car.

Where have I seen that before...

solar.jpg

Wow, just wow...

Yep, that thing's getting stolen soon as shit goes pear shaped.  I remember another idea for the solar chargers.  In this one web comic I read, the 'MacGuyver' of the group basically takes one of those small solar garden lights, yanks out the lights and splices the wires to a cellphone charger so one of the group can check her voicemails to see where her parents went.  Dunno if they have a Home Depot or WallMart in Chenarus, but little garden lights like this might be a means of getting a portable charger (one you can set up in your camp or one you can 'wear') for small batteries (flashlight, NVG, powered scopes, ect)

Edited by BigMike