Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

Returning to Dayz, guys, please help me with a few questions!

I played dayz months ago for a couple months and am a slightly above average player. I know things have changed, so please help me with just a few questions here if you can to help me come back....

I prefer to play Vanilla Dayz or relatively close to it. I have read about some new changes over the last few months and have questions...I've tried to read changelogs but honestly, there are so many changes that I don't quite follow them and just would like some basic questions answered....

1- I've seen how theyve spread loot "around" so that it is in cars, on roads and more evenly spread. This seems awesome. How is the loot "different" now in this fashion? Does it make it less "necessary" to run up the airfield etc? I think it would be so much more fun with even loot more dispersed instead of such concentrated areas being the end all be all.

2 - Are the new loot dispersion changes im referencing in question 1 applicable to even customized servers with all custom loot or just vanilla dayz servers?

3- Zombie damage, special new zombies? and antibiotics. Please give me a couple lines on what all this is?

4 - Are hackes pretty much gone now? Do you still need to play on whitelisted servers to eliminate hacker presense?

5 - I like to play on servers that are Vanilla or close to it, active with a healthy population, and hacker free. Please please link me to a server's info that you recommend I play on.

6 - Lastly, please give any feedback on the state of the game or what play style (Dayz Plus and all the other's i dont really understand) you recommend for fun? Those other weird maps any good? Other ways to play I havent thought of besides my vanilla interest?

Thanks so much guys!

I'll help with a few questions.

1. Have you browsed the forum at all?

All your questions have been answered. There are numerous threads both praising and bashing the latest version.

2. Have you seen the search bar?

It's very handy.

3. Have you noticed how long it took to get a response to your post?

Pretty sure it's been viewed a LOT between your posting and my reply.

I'm sorry if this seems mean but I'll go ahead and suggest you just run the mod and see for yourself. I bet you get infected and find no antibiotics.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I played dayz months ago for a couple months and am a slightly above average player. I know things have changed, so please help me with just a few questions here if you can to help me come back....

I prefer to play Vanilla Dayz or relatively close to it. I have read about some new changes over the last few months and have questions...I've tried to read changelogs but honestly, there are so many changes that I don't quite follow them and just would like some basic questions answered....

1- I've seen how theyve spread loot "around" so that it is in cars, on roads and more evenly spread. This seems awesome. How is the loot "different" now in this fashion? Does it make it less "necessary" to run up the airfield etc? I think it would be so much more fun with even loot more dispersed instead of such concentrated areas being the end all be all.

2 - Are the new loot dispersion changes im referencing in question 1 applicable to even customized servers with all custom loot or just vanilla dayz servers?

3- Zombie damage, special new zombies? and antibiotics. Please give me a couple lines on what all this is?

4 - Are hackes pretty much gone now? Do you still need to play on whitelisted servers to eliminate hacker presense?

5 - I like to play on servers that are Vanilla or close to it, active with a healthy population, and hacker free. Please please link me to a server's info that you recommend I play on.

6 - Lastly, please give any feedback on the state of the game or what play style (Dayz Plus and all the other's i dont really understand) you recommend for fun? Those other weird maps any good? Other ways to play I havent thought of besides my vanilla interest?

Thanks so much guys!

can't help you on the loot because i can't really describe it but i have noticed no difference

not sure as i don't play the vanilla dayz that much

there are now viral zombies(i guess that is what you are on about) they just infect you much more commonly than the others. to counter this they have made antibiotics more common. i would recommend you carry a set with you at all times.

no hackers are not completely gone, but it has improved alot.

don't know any servers to link you to as a do not play on vanilla dayz

i know it is not vanilla DayZ but you could try overwatch. It is a bit laggy at times but they have added a lot of new skins and guns and vehicles. that is all i can help you with hope i helped.  

Outlaw1198 first of all lrn2quote.Also, more common antibiotics? With so many complaining they can't find one and dying of infection? They are not more common as far as I know, they are just spawning randomly almost everywhere instead of hospitals/medic tents etc.

Guys, geez,

I'm an old time gamer...I'm a dad that doesnt have much time left to game. I've tried browsing the forums on my mobile and It's a real pain as I'm at work and I see mixed answers all over the place and, as I mentioned, all of the update threads seem like garble to me. It is easier to just post this than look it all up on my phone and am looking for just a bit of help.

I'm hoping for a personal take from the dayz community on some very specific questions I asked. Just would like to know the answers to my 6 questions above...such as, what you all think about the new item location changes....are you guys happy with it, etc etc? I've seen posts about not too many or too many antibiotics and, call me old for all I care, I can't find much on where this info is.

Please just be cool, save me the confusion **edited spelling here, and find it in your warm and loving hearts to just answer my questions please?

Thanks

Edited by redmantab

You need to take a time in forum a little you can get answers in forum

I've taken the time best I can on my small cell phone screen. Can't find anything remotely covering all my question

Really disappointing that nobody will answer a couple questions.

If you won't help me here...please delete this thread

Thanks

Edited by redmantab

Outlaw1198 first of all lrn2quote. Also, more common antibiotics? With so many complaining they can't find one and dying of infection? They are not more common as far as I know, they are just spawning randomly almost everywhere instead of hospitals/medic tents etc.

dude it was a simple missclick inside the quote box. so calm down and maybe be a bit nicer instead of such a dick. also cause they are spawning in more places that makes them more common.......

dude it was a simple missclick inside the quote box. so calm down and maybe be a bit nicer instead of such a dick. also cause they are spawning in more places that makes them more common.......

1) No need for namecalling, instead of posting above useless post you could just have edited the previous post of yours in which you have your answer embedded in redmabtab's quote and all would be fine.

2) You are still wrong on the subject of antibiotics. Prior to 1.7.7 patch they were more common and would spawn at crash sites, medical tents, hospitals, military spawns. Checking one of these would almost certainly provide you with a couple of boxes. After 1.7.7 patch they are extremely rare but they spawn almost anywhere. The fact that they spawn anywhere makes it even harder to find them, since it requires you to check every single lootpile in every village/town. When they were more common and spawned only in 4 specific lootpiles it was much easier and less time consuming to find a couple of boxes. Bottomline, saying antibiotics are more common than pre 1.7.7 patch is completely false. If you can't take my word on it just check the hundreds of posts complaining about the lack of antibiotics or check this.

3) If you don't play the vanilla mod then you should be cautious before offering advice on others. No advice is better than misleading/false advice. This is a forum, what you post stays here, and people using the search feature will read said posts and take what they read for granted.

1.They lowered loot rate for some stuff ( antibiotics ), loot isn't spread though, loot spread is only for some mod such as namalask, origin etc

2. Custom server are custom, visit their website to see what's up with them ( sometimes they put the most impotant add on in their server name ) 

3. Now there's stronger zombies ( only stronger if you can't headshot ) that can infect you, you need antibiotics ( which are rare now ) to heal yourself, otherwise you die at some point because it constantly make you lose blood when you're infected.

4. Player for 6 months and saw maybe 2 hackers

5. I mostly play on overwatch and namalask, sorry. I don't like vanilla.

6. Origins, overwatch and namalask are really good for PvP and fun. In origin you can build bases for hero or bandit and such. Overwatch is a chernaurus map with added vehicles ( mounted with guns for example ) and such, more PvP. And namalask is a ice map with lots of PvP and player interaction.

Try the hunters den (banner below). Apart from a few extra buildings at the north east airfield pretty much vanilla. And the admin fixed the infection issue

www.huntersden.forumotion.com

1 - As far as I remember, I think the new loot locations in the junk piles will yield "everyday" type stuff.  Useful, but nothing to write home about.

2 - If it's running the latest version of the game, it's going to have the same feature

3 - The other guys have answered.  Try to hang on to one or two antibiotics if you think you will get hit.

4 - No, hackers didn't go anyplace.  Maybe they are bored of the game in general, lessening the impact, but no change on that.  Yes, whitelisted servers will help with this.  It adds a hassle to getting into a new server, but you know how that is.

5 - I'd stick to the popular ones if you like a lot of other players.  Trusted Medics, Balota Buddies, maybe the Billy Mays servers too.  Me, I'd go for very low pop servers if I still played vanilla dayz.  No hackers and more realistic to me.  But the helpful, warm response you got on this thread is about what you can expect on plain, non-whitelisted servers so that brings me to 6.

6 - I hit one chopper crash site in 1.7.7 and haven't played since.  I play Origins because it's so different, and I found it ultimately because its gameplay style reduces the likelihood of the unrealistic kill-on-sight nonsense of regular DayZ.  I say this because of the skins.  If you see a hero skin, you know they are not likely to KOS and you can actually start to gear up.  But Origins is widely considered to be somewhere between not-exactly DayZ all the way to an entirely different game than DayZ, and the developers are themselves a nuisance (and so is the latest update) so keep that in mind.  Epoch is cool because of the walking groups of AI bandits and heroes.  Namalsk is one hell of a thrill ride, and much closer to original DayZ - lots of fun there too.