MasterShak3

Why does everyone complain about night time?

The purpose of this post  is for insight on why people seem to dislike night time so much in Dayz. Keep in mind there are people that DO like night time. (Myself included), But when ever I see a server go night people start complaining and server numbers drop. I sorta understood individuals not liking it before 1.7.7 because of no full moon, but now sheesh you can see everything clearly.Except with the occasional fog that rolls in from time to time. Also zombies seem to aggro less when in the dark...

What do you guys think?... Night time lover or Hater  :P

post-166266-0-84595600-1375849165_thumb.

Love the dark. Flares, chemlights, torches..what's not to like ?

• Like 2

I love night time because it's more scary.

Edited by Florx
  • Like 1

I love night time because it's more scary.

Lol I can see that by your avatar image ;)  JK.... I totally agree with you brotha

Edited by MasterShak3
  • Like 1

Because they're pvssies that don't know how to change their gamma?

And night time is AWESOME! on low population servers. Chuck flares outside of town and run through Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, and the airfield without being shot at or chased.

And night time is AWESOME! on low population servers. Chuck flares outside of town and run through Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, and the airfield without being shot at or chased.

I agree! love me some night time. Get more of the survival feel at night. During the day you get the players that will shoot anything they see move. Not so much at night time.

Night time is when bandit hunting comes into its own...you can see muzzle flashes more easily. Now, if your one of the rare folks that do get night vision goggles then you just pray that they are the good guys when it comes to night time. Those folks complaining about it now better get used to it, because they will have to be subject to it in the standalone, atleast until private servers become available. Love night time, adds a whole new feel to the game. The changes are like , well, Night and day ;)

Edited by BlackDalia

Cheating ?

• Like 2

Cheating ?

Haha, Bones makes a good point. 

With that being said, Apple, are you not one who constantly goes on about how 3rd party communication programs are "cheating"?

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 5

I hope you realise this sentence completely contradicts itself.

So far on this topic I am hearing nothing but nice things about night time. (Except Welch) Wish everyone felt this way.  <_<

Loved the night when it was actually dark. Forced full-moon blows. Might as well be daytime in greyscale with vision impared zombies.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I loathe the current patch night time. 

Edited by Grunner

Well you can always adjust night time to the old settings Gunner. Just a matter of preference I guess. I like both. Just whip out ye ol flash light in times of the dark!

I like night because zombies won't aggro on you, lets you explore towns without any hassles whatsoever. If there's someone there you can just hide in a bush, it's so dark they won't see you. I adjust the gamma/contrast so I can see better but it only makes it barely playable. I have NVGs on Namalsk now so I'll use them instead. I mean I understand using flares/chemlights which work but if you have neither then you simply can't play if it's pitch black.

I loved the nighttime when I started playing DayZ around 1.5 years ago. It was the most intense immersion the game could offer. I remember being surprised by the darkness while in Cherno and I played 8 hours straight through the nighttime without ever leaving town. That time, KOS mentality wasn't that wide spread and being a nice guy with NV goggles, I loved to scare the shit out of freshspawns by simply appearing next to them or talking to them in direct chat while they were basically blind, armed with an axe and couldn't see me. I then helped many of them to get basic equipment and told them that the second they pick up a gun, I will disappear, just because I was afraid of them shooting at me. (I knew they are blind and couldn't follow me, but I didn't want to shoot them either).

Some funny time I had included me picking up a Japanese player who hardly spoke any English. We somehow managed a complete tour through Cherno (firestation, market, church, apartments) without having to bother with too many zombies, while there were 2 bandits in the factory area, throwing roadflare after roadflare, shooting zombies for fun. The Japanese guy was the only one I trusted to pick up a gun (silenced M16) while running around with me. He was nice and somehow I had the feeling that his idea of honor fits mine. Great that I didn't have to regret it, because when the sun was rising on the server, we parted and wished each other good luck. What a wonderful session that was.

Since then, nighttime always caused servers to lose players. From 40-50 to 4-5 whenever it became pitch black. So sad...

I hate this artificial full moon lightning. Might as well play 24/7 daylight servers. Oh wait...

• Like 2

I loved the nighttime when I started playing DayZ around 1.5 years ago. It was the most intense immersion the game could offer. I remember being surprised by the darkness while in Cherno and I played 8 hours straight through the nighttime without ever leaving town. That time, KOS mentality wasn't that wide spread and being a nice guy with NV goggles, I loved to scare the shit out of freshspawns by simply appearing next to them or talking to them in direct chat while they were basically blind, armed with an axe and couldn't see me. I then helped many of them to get basic equipment and told them that the second they pick up a gun, I will disappear, just because I was afraid of them shooting at me. (I knew they are blind and couldn't follow me, but I didn't want to shoot them either).

Some funny time I had included me picking up a Japanese player who hardly spoke any English. We somehow managed a complete tour through Cherno (firestation, market, church, apartments) without having to bother with too many zombies, while there were 2 bandits in the factory area, throwing roadflare after roadflare, shooting zombies for fun. The Japanese guy was the only one I trusted to pick up a gun (silenced M16) while running around with me. He was nice and somehow I had the feeling that his idea of honor fits mine. Great that I didn't have to regret it, because when the sun was rising on the server, we parted and wished each other good luck. What a wonderful session that was.

Since then, nighttime always caused servers to lose players. From 40-50 to 4-5 whenever it became pitch black. So sad...

I hate this artificial full moon lightning. Might as well play 24/7 daylight servers. Oh wait...

Great story  :) Memories from back in the Dayz. 

Haha, Bones makes a good point. 

With that being said, Apple, are you not one who constantly goes on about how 3rd party communication programs are "cheating"?

I'll just leave this here.

• Like 3

Well you can always adjust night time to the old settings Gunner. Just a matter of preference I guess. I like both. Just whip out ye ol flash light in times of the dark!

I'd love to be able to take the moon out of the sky, unfortunately that's impossible.

As others have mentioned, gimme pitch black again. Nothing I've been able to do to my video settings have brought that back.

I'll just leave this here.

I'll just leave my beans with you.

Back to topic: I like the new full moon nights, mostly because i'm not one of those hardcore players. 

• Like 1

I like the dark sometimes. Until the zeds are chasing me and then i can't see them so i can shoot them.

On a unrelated note i once found a m14 aim, as a fresh spawn, in an industrial around the se section of elektro [not sure if it is only in the balota buddies server] with 3/4 mags. wierded the hell out of me as i thought it was a lee or cz550 and then i pick up this awesome gun. I obviously had more sense than to shoot it that close to the elektro so i ran and found my previous dead body and picked up what gear i though would be helpful. All at night.

Edited by Dchil

Love nights once I learned that Z are less alert. Sneaking around Z´s in pitch black nights trusting your ears more than your eyes is exciting. BUT I do crank up gamma, brightness and HDR as well from time to time. 

Hello there

Not "everyone" complains. Just a minority.

Sabre Rattling is loud and noisy so it grabs your attention. Those just playing do so nice n quietly.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hi there,

At the beginning when I started playing DayZ, and when night falls I just switched to day time server. Mostly because I was scared to play at night.

But when I got familiar with the game a little and know how it works, I've aslo played at night with brightness and gamma full. I felt like I was cheating, so I traded all my gear for pair of NVGs^^. Now night is my lonely friend and I love it.