Chaingunfighter

Temperature affects survival! [SA]

While, at the moment, all that temperature really affects is getting a cold (Which only happens if you get a really low temp.)

I will try and keep this short and to the point (if possible with my personal communication structure) 

•  Temperature affects your thirst. Dehydration is something that people have to deal with a lot when stranded in the middle of nowhere. On hot days, it's well known that your body will sweat in order to keep your core temperature regulated, at the cost of your body's water levels. In the game itself, if you spent a lot of time in the sun or next to a heat source, you would (slowly) lose water at a quicker pace (Not terribly so, but as your temp. increases, it would get to a point that would be concerning). Adding this in would create a level of balance in the SA, because at the moment it seems that the game completely encourages being as warm as possible. It would make you think twice about wearing that heavy winter coat during broad daylight while you're hiking through the woods. Obviously if you kept a decent water supply, it wouldn't be bad, but it would (hopefully) add a measure of balance instead of just making players wear the heaviest coat they can in order to stay warm.
Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2

More dynamic weather is something I've wanted to see in SA for a while.  Stuff like hot days, cold days, hurricanes, storms, tornadoes, even a once in a blue moon meteor storm would be cool.  Just random weather events would be cool to see and add some diversity to the game.

• Like 2

More dynamic weather is something I've wanted to see in SA for a while.  Stuff like hot days, cold days, hurricanes, storms, tornadoes, even a once in a blue moon meteor storm would be cool.  Just random weather events would be cool to see and add some diversity to the game.

Chernarus seems like it'd generally be out of climate for a tornado (Not to mention that it would be super difficult to implement.) Having days where it was visibly colder, or hotter would be interesting and require a player to sacrifice some room for extra clothes (You can obviously travel light with shorts and a t-shirt on a hot day, but if it's freezing, you might need some space for a coat.), So I'm all for it (Maybe have seasons?)

I don't know about hurricanes, but having them as a rare event which would cause absolute havoc would be awesome (How about flooding? It'd be interesting to have Chernogorsk and basically the entire coast under 2 feet of water.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Chernarus seems like it'd generally be out of climate for a tornado (Not to mention that it would be super difficult to implement.) Having days where it was visibly colder, or hotter would be interesting and require a player to sacrifice some room for extra clothes (You can obviously travel light with shorts and a t-shirt on a hot day, but if it's freezing, you might need some space for a coat.), So I'm all for it (Maybe have seasons?)

I don't know about hurricanes, but having them as a rare event which would cause absolute havoc would be awesome (How about flooding? It'd be interesting to have Chernogorsk and basically the entire coast under 2 feet of water.)

Oooh flooding would be really cool to see.  Would mean that you couldn't drive certain places and possible not be able to loot certain towns.  Like if electro and cherno got flooded that would be cool.  I'm all for seasons too.

• Like 1

I would add that at the same time temperature drop dramatically at night, and so does heat loss due to the darkness (darkness sucks a lot of heat off your windows for example, closing blinds reduces that)

• Like 2

I would add that at the same time temperature drop dramatically at night, and so does heat loss due to the darkness (darkness sucks a lot of heat off your windows for example, closing blinds reduces that)

This is true.  Would mean that making campfire could be useful besides just using it to cook food.  Namalsk is the only map in DayZ where I've ever made a campfire to warm my character up.

• Like 1

is good idea :beans:

also I think on this one

I have new place for my camp and make dmr attack on guy, is lighthouse island on elektro.

so I swim always to the city for supply and hunt etc.

would be good if I have some choice like....

#1 swim with clothes? I will get too much cold later because my clothe is wet :o

#2 take off clothes and take one towel in dry bag and swim naked ;) After I am swim to elektro I make my self dry with towel, put dry clothe and my body will stay warm

#3 swim in clothes but after take off and make dry on the fire and put new dry clothe on :thumbsup:

this way is realism system, if I run around at night with wet clothes is big chance for make me sick, is normal like rl :rolleyes:

• Like 1

is good idea :beans:

also I think on this one

I have new place for my camp and make dmr attack on guy, is lighthouse island on elektro.

so I swim always to the city for supply and hunt etc.

would be good if I have some choice like....

#1 swim with clothes? I will get too much cold later because my clothe is wet :o

#2 take off clothes and take one towel in dry bag and swim naked ;) After I am swim to elektro I make my self dry with towel, put dry clothe and my body will stay warm

#3 swim in clothes but after take off and make dry on the fire and put new dry clothe on :thumbsup:

this way is realism system, if I run around at night with wet clothes is big chance for make me sick, is normal like rl :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the towels but your idea is a good one.  To a degree it's already like this in the mod so I'm sure it could be done in the SA.

• Like 1

We added a function to SA that returns ingame Air Temperature. This will be able to be measured by players using a thermometer.

• Like 5

We added a function to SA t :) hat returns ingame Air Temperature. This will be able to be measured by players using a thermometer.

rocket is too much cool

some guy make idea, rocket say 'this shit is taken care' B)

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

We added a function to SA that returns ingame Air Temperature. This will be able to be measured by players using a thermometer.

Awesome.

rocket is too much cool

some guy make idea, rocket say 'this shit is taken care' B)

I hate the way you try and copy g000gle's way of writing things.It's not that funny when someone has already done it.

Is there going to be a weather system in place or being worked on? Like lightning storms and stuff.That would be cool.

Weather hasnt been worked on yet beyond what already exists. But we have discussed some things we can do. It's probably not going to happen before we get the alpha out however.

Weather hasnt been worked on yet beyond what already exists. But we have discussed some things we can do. It's probably not going to happen before we get the alpha out however.

So, Arma 2 weather has fog (kinda), clouds, and thunderstorms. Does it already include those? 

I hate the way you try and copy g000gle's way of writing things.It's not that funny when someone has already done it.

He doesn't try to copy him.  KoS just doesn't speak the best English.  Cut him some slack.

@MasterShak3, I could of sworn there was already talk about something like that being in the SA.  I could be wrong though.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

While, at the moment, all that temperature really affects is getting a cold (Which only happens if you get a really low temp.)

I will try and keep this short and to the point (if possible with my personal communication structure) 

•  Temperature affects your thirst. Dehydration is something that people have to deal with a lot when stranded in the middle of nowhere. On hot days, it's well known that your body will sweat in order to keep your core temperature regulated, at the cost of your body's water levels. In the game itself, if you spent a lot of time in the sun or next to a heat source, you would (slowly) lose water at a quicker pace (Not terribly so, but as your temp. increases, it would get to a point that would be concerning). Adding this in would create a level of balance in the SA, because at the moment it seems that the game completely encourages being as warm as possible. It would make you think twice about wearing that heavy winter coat during broad daylight while you're hiking through the woods. Obviously if you kept a decent water supply, it wouldn't be bad, but it would (hopefully) add a measure of balance instead of just making players wear the heaviest coat they can in order to stay warm.

Pretty sure wearing a winter coat in the summer will cause heatstroke...

So, Arma 2 weather has fog (kinda), clouds, and thunderstorms. Does it already include those? 

He said "beyond what already exists" take that to mean yes.