Skint (DayZ)

Arma 2 Beta Patch 93965 - Gear Not Dropped When Swimming!

The patch notes stated that server owners would have the OPTION to enable/disable this part of the game. It never said it was disabled on all servers. It sucks, yes, but you read incorrectly.

The patch notes stated that server owners would have the OPTION to enable/disable this part of the game. It never said it was disabled on all servers. It sucks' date=' yes, but you read incorrectly.

[/quote']

No they didn't.

The notes said that you can add it to the description.ext

That is not a server setting that is a mission setting.

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

The patch notes stated that server owners would have the OPTION to enable/disable this part of the game. It never said it was disabled on all servers. It sucks' date=' yes, but you read incorrectly.

[/quote']

No they didn't.

The notes said that you can add it to the description.ext

That is not a server setting that is a mission setting.

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Really? Thanks. Then it has to be enabled/Disabled by Rocket hm?

But I have no problem with it currently. Could be less random but its the only reason to use Boats.

This was an in game map I take it that had a marker labeled heli crash? Sounds like you got trolled friend.

Not read the beta patch but plenty of updates by rocket saying performance and smoother server connections haven't always meant I'd get those in game. Sometimes updates work sometimes they don't I wouldn't have gone in the water till I'd heard multiple cases of it being fixed by other people trying it.

Loosing gear while swimming is a big problem in days.

It wasn't such a big deal in regular arma2 because of the way if you died you got your gear back.

With dayz stopping that if the server crashes or reboots or your client fucks up .While your in a boat when you get back in the game you lose all your gear.

I think the devs will add the "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in the description.ext

For all the servers mission files at some point.

or at least I hope they will :)

He he.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday. I was on my 12'th day of survival and pretty well geared up. AKM w/ 4 mags, M9 SD, 4 canteens, cooked meat, blood, two sets of med supplies, grenades, Dew, 24 slot backpack. Stuff.

Then, I decided to check if the water was safe. I'd swim out to that there island and look for tents, I said. Though it was cold, I jumped straight in the drink without a fuss and swam across. On the opposite shore I found my dripping wet self with: no rifle, no pistol ammo, no food and no bloody water. Shit! I tried to equip my hatchet to use as a weapon, but something weird happened and I lost it. This place was starting to get on my nerves, I didn't like this vacation.

I started looking around for supplies, but as it turned out, zombie island only has zombies on it. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink.

I swam back, fairly parched now, and searched though a village and two deer stands finding both a sidearm and a rifle. Nothing to drink though, and it was getting critical.

After some more tribulations I located some soda in Rog castle, best damn can of Coke I ever had.

Point of the story?

The next person I meet is going to feel the big sloppy kiss of uncle Enfield, then we can discuss the ethics of it at a later date.

I want my canteens back, damnit.

As soon as I get back from work I will kill the first fresh spawn I see (since am on the shore anyway). Yes, I will shoot him for bandage and Coyote Patrol Pack because I have nothing on me except Enfield that I found in Tulga.

Loosing gear in the water is not a glitch, it's supposed to be an Arma feature.

Alright, I've been informed that recent patch notes might've made this an actual fix. I will take a look at them and see if this is legitimate. Continue discussion.

Continue discussion.

Right.

What do people think? Losing gear in the water, should it be in or out?

Loosing gear while swimming is fine, or we'll see ppl doing odd things. It could be a binded to the time tho.. ie: staying more than 15 seconds and you'll loose it, so we won't have those accidentally loss.

Continue discussion.

Right.

What do people think? Losing gear in the water' date=' should it be in or out?

[/quote']

Should be left alone, only morons would go swimming to a public map marker, then complaining they lost there gear.

Should be left alone' date=' only morons would go swimming to a public map marker, then complaining they lost there gear.

[/quote']

If the water didn't eat people's things they wouldn't be "morons" for swimming in it, would they?

The question is, should people be allowed to swim without losing their goods?

I think they should, but it should make them cold and hungry/thirsty really fast. And people in boats should be able to run them over, then laugh.

Should be left alone' date=' only morons would go swimming to a public map marker, then complaining they lost there gear.

[/quote']

If the water didn't eat people's things they wouldn't be "morons" for swimming in it, would they?

The question is, should people be allowed to swim without losing their goods?

I think they should, but it shoulf=d make them cold and hungry/thirsty really fast. And people in boats should be able to run them over, then laugh.

No, it should stay as it is, random. You don't instantly drop your gear from being in the water, you drop if from being winded while swimming. That, and swimming to Skalisty island for a obvious trollolol map marker, losing gear is a very good lesson.

Dropping gear while swimming is built in in Arma 2. Also happens in the normal game. You can swim back and pick your gear up.

Dropping gear while swimming is built in in Arma 2. Also happens in the normal game. You can swim back and pick your gear up.

The beta patch changed this, now 'lose/lose not' is a setting.

A setting being discussed here.

Swimming:

Pro:

You can cross water without a boat

Could be fun

Con:

Boats will be worth less than now

Might not be fun

Add more at your leasure.

I also think loot should spawn on the island, not good stuff but basics. Would give people more things to fight over.

The beta patch changed this' date=' now 'lose/lose not' is a setting.

A setting being discussed here.

Swimming:

Pro:

You can cross water without a boat

Could be fun

Con:

Boats will be worth less than now

Might not be fun

Add more at your leasure.

I also think loot should spawn on the island, not good stuff but basics. Would give people more things to fight over.

[/quote']There is a loot spawn on the island, 1. It's in the town by the docks, there is a single enterable house that spawns basics, between that and animal spawns you could live for a while on that island if you get lucky with spawns.

Every time someone tries to have a reasonable discussion in here, the turds of the internet ruins it with nonsense, chestbeating and image spam.

I hate your black rotten guts, the lot of you.

EDIT:

From the newest beta patch notes:

[94001] Fixed: "enableItemsDropping = 0;" now even for MP clients

Now how about a big serving of shut the fuck up? There's enough for all the "but-it's-an-Arma-feature" types out there.

I am so fucking mad right now. I have the beta and I decided that swimming was safe after reading about it. My Bizon, MP5SD6, ALICE-pack, NVGs and everything I could ever need is now on the fucking bottom of the ocean!

I can see it on the floor but not grab it.

The most retarded thing ever.

/wrists

According to that "feature" these marines should successfully pass the training by losing all their gear?

Now give them a pack, shovel, axe, sidearm, tent, grenades, 8 magazines, and medical supplies.

Watch them drown or ditch that shit in a panic to stay alive.

[94001] Fixed: "enableItemsDropping = 0;" now even for MP clients

er... does this not mean you have to stick this in your own config?